what's with...

Fine by me.

if my posts are not wanted here, I will leave :frowning: It’s a shame, I love this site. I really took your suggestions seriously, I hope you all weren’t making fun.

Kannehi11, you’re not the one we’re talking about. I was really saddened when you called [name]Jill[/name] “[name]Silly[/name]” and it made me feel a little bit defensive for her at the time, but you guys seem to have worked that out just fine. It’s some other people that have been super annoying. I hope you stay with Nameberry. The little bit of drama that happened between [name]Jill[/name] and you was really tame compared to what happened over the weekend!

It’s true that we like really different styles in names, but I enjoy hearing the names you like. I would love to know why you like those kinds of names, too. Have you shared your fave boys and girls names on the boy and girl baby section and added an explanation about them? That would be fun to read. If you post those lists, I will be sure to comment. Would love to hear your comments on my lists, too!

[name]Hi[/name] there [name]Kristen[/name] (I think it’s [name]Kristen[/name]). I’m so sorry for the misunderstaning. This had to do with the games board, not you. Someone has been intentionlly ignoring the rules, and it was wisely suggested that instead of trying to correct the person again and again, we simply ignore the posts. That’s all! It was a brilliant suggestion, too, because it seems to have worked! :slight_smile: (Also, the offensive posts were thankfully deleted.)

I’m so glad you’re at Nameberry, and hope you’re making progress in chosing your baby’s name! As [name]Susan[/name] said (thank you, [name]Susan[/name]), yes, our styles are different, but that’s okay. If you already had a little girl with a unisex name, I wouldn’t have said a word, and would simply have suggested more matching names.

You, however, had a variety of styles listed, and I loved so many of your classic/vintage choices. I was hoping you’d go that way, especially because you wanted a unique name. This is your baby, of course, and you need to pick the style that works for you. I just knew that if you went unisex on this baby, you wouldn’t be able to use the other classic/vintage names in the future. :slight_smile:

[name]Even[/name] though we got off on the wrong foot (actually, two wrong feet!), I’m thrilled you’re here, and I look forward to your posts!

(And no, no one is making fun of you!) :slight_smile:

Seeing as I’m a new member, and I couldn’t find a more suitable thread to post in to formally introduce myself (well, as formally as one can over the internet), I thought I should do so now!

I’m Ysa, I’ve been posting frequently at Name That [name]Baby[/name] for about a year. I loved the community there- it was really secluded from the brash posters running around these days, and I found the other members and I had similar naming tastes. However, because of the lack of new members, the site is pretty much on it’s deathbed now! I picked up “Beyond [name]Jennifer[/name] and [name]Jason[/name]” at a used bookstore last summer, and promptly read the sequel. I started investigating this place a week or two ago, and already I feel like it could be my new naming community. :slight_smile:

I’m in my first year of high school, so I am NOT going to be able to put my favorite names to good use for quite a while, but it is such a fun hobby! I also like hearing about names other parents have picked out for their children and giving suggestions. As for my style, I can’t really pinpoint it. I’ve got names from a few different origins that I particularly like- Classic English, Welsh, Gaelic, Greek, and a few others. I’ve got my top 11 girls posted in the top 10 girls section, if you’d be interested in taking a look. I have a feeling that I’ll be sticking around! See everyone around the boards. :]

[name]Welcome[/name] Ysa! Nameberry truly is a wonderful site and I hope you enjoy it as much as I (and hopefully many others) do. I look forward to hearing from you!

Hey Ysa! Nice to see you here! I was looking for a new place too, after Name That [name]Baby[/name]. (sad to see it going) but it’s lovely here and I’m so glad you found it! [name]Welcome[/name]! :smiley:

[name]Hi[/name] Ysa,

[name]Welcome[/name] to Nameberry! You’ve found a wonderful new home! :slight_smile:

[name]Welcome[/name] Ysa!

I am new too and after helping look for names for my cousins and brother’s kids, I am totally obsessed! [name]Just[/name] TTC now but already making my list also!

This person is back, with a new name. Charming. I couldn’t ignore the rudeness, though.

It reminds me of last summer when I had moths in the kitchen cabinet.

I don’t think (hope :wink: ) this thread is about me since I haven’t posted that much yet… but I’m kinda new to the board. :wink: I saw Ysa introduced herself in this thread and since I haven’t done that yet (oops!) I thought I’d do the same so you know a little bit about me too. :wink:

I’m [name]Tamara[/name], I’m only 18 years old so I also don’t get to use my favorite names for a while. I’ve been obsessed with names since I was a little girl, I always used to introduce myself to people with my full name (first name, 2 middle names and a last name that consists of two parts)when I was little, and I knew the middle names/official names of ALL my family members before I even went to school. My mom still teases me with that haha. I’m from [name]Holland[/name] so that’s probably why I don’t like some of the names suggested (I read [name]Beatrix[/name]/[name]Beatrice[/name] was getting popular… I like the name too but I just can’t help but think of the queen of [name]Holland[/name] whenever I hear it :wink: ) but I love most of the names I read on here, you guys have an awesome taste in names!

• I will try my best to type proper English, but please excuse me when I make a mistake, it’s not my first language. ;)-

[name]Welcome[/name], [name]Tamara[/name]! I have been to [name]Holland[/name] twice and I think it’s so beautiful!

Thanks for the welcome, [name]Susan[/name]! Wow, the first person who comments on my message has actually been to [name]Holland[/name], that’s so special since [name]Holland[/name] is like the tiniest country ever, haha. :wink: Where have you been in [name]Holland[/name]? I live in the east, close to Germany. :slight_smile: It’s very different from the west ([name]Amsterdam[/name]…) here… there are more farms, pastures and less buildings… :wink: A week or two ago I went to Leiden (that’s in the south-west) with school and it was like visiting a different country, everthing looked so different there, haha.

Are you from Europe too then, or are you from the US? :slight_smile:

I am from Southern [name]CA[/name], but I went to Europe when I was twelve and also twenty-five. [name]Both[/name] times we took a ferry across the English [name]Channel[/name], landed in Oostend (sp?), Belgium and went to Bruges. So lovely! Then we went to [name]Amsterdam[/name] on the train.
The first time I went with my family, and the second time I went with my husband. I was pregnant with our son [name]Peter[/name].
We went to [name]Ann[/name] [name]Frank[/name]'s house, the [name]Van[/name] Gogh Museum, and I bought a really cool light green maternity outfit that was all cotton and so comfy. The pants were stylish overalls. I wore that outfit so much that I finally got really tired of it! I got really tired of all my maternity clothes. We ate a lot of Northern Italian food when we were in Europe because any other kind of food made me really nauseated. I especially loved cream of tomato soup. I think it was called tomatoroom soup in [name]Holland[/name]. Now my husband and I always call it tomatoroom soup.
While we were in [name]Amsterdam[/name], I needed a haircut. We went to a salon. When the stylist found out I was from Hollywood, [name]CA[/name], she looked like she was going to burst with excitement. She ran right over to where I was sitting and sat down right next to me! [name]Little[/name] did she know how dirty, disgusting and tacky Hollywood can be! Of course there are parts of Hollywood that are lovely, but where we lived at the time was kind of icky. Poor [name]Peter[/name] was born while we lived in Hollywood, and he had to sleep in the dining room. It was noisy. We changed his diapers in the walk-in closet.

OMG! I so want to go to the [name]Anne[/name] [name]Frank[/name] museum/her house too! I’m obsessed with her diary… I’m interested in more things about that world war actually. There’s a big chance that we (parents, sister and I) are going to Poland in the summer to visit the Auschwitz concentration camp. I”m so excited, I”m gonna be so disappointed if it turns out we”re not able to go (as my parents are redecorating the house right now). So if we”re not able to go to Poland, we might go to [name]Anne[/name] [name]Frank[/name]”s house, or the concentration camp Westerbork, which is in [name]Holland[/name]. I”ve been there before but I was only 13 or something then so I can”t remember it all.

There are a lot of great shops in [name]Amsterdam[/name]! I went there with school once. All the girls of course wanted to buy clothes and accessories, and go into every store there was. The guys were more interested in seeing a coffee shop in real life, or walking through De Wallen (the largest and best-known red-light district in [name]Amsterdam[/name]), lol (I don”t think they were allowed to go there, though).

And I LOOOVE tomato soup! I think we call it both, tomato soup and tomatoroom soup here, it just depends on how it”s made… or what people prefer to say, I don”t know for sure.

Haha, if I had seen you and if I had known you were from [name]CA[/name]/Hollywood I so would have stalked you too! Lol I want to visit [name]CA[/name]/LA so badly! Whenever my parents ask my sister and I where we want to go to on vacation I’m like “[name]America[/name]!” … so now they’ve stopped asking. I always think of Los [name]Angeles[/name] as the most glamorous place there is, I”m probably gonna be surprised how much it”s like any other place if I ever visit there. :wink:

It sounds like both of your vacations were great! I”ve decided that I”m going on a trip like that too someday! Normally when I go on vacation I go to one country and stay there for two weeks and then go home. I”d love to visit more countries during one vacation! Sounds like so much fun! I also decided a couple of years ago that I”m gonna live in [name]America[/name] when I”m older, haha. :wink:

• oops, sorry for the long essay!-

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Tamara[/name], and welcome to Nameberry! I’m hoping to travel to [name]Holland[/name] one of these days (one of my friends goes often with her husband, and the photos are beautiful). ([name]Don[/name]'t worry about your English, by the way, as it happens to be amazing! If you can’t think of a word, we’ll be able to figure it out!) Nameberry is a lot of fun, and it’s great to have you here. :slight_smile: (And to answer your question, nothing on this thread is about you!)

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Tamara[/name]!
I just wanted to chime in and welcome you. My husband and I were actually in [name]Holland[/name] this past [name]May[/name] (I was pregnant with my little one at the time, so I guess she can say she as been to [name]Holland[/name] as well). I absolutely loved it! Definitely one of the best places I have been to. We were visiting my husband’s sister in Belgium. During the trip we went to Antwerp, [name]Amsterdam[/name], Brugges (sp? loved also), Dinant, Brussels and [name]Paris[/name]. We went to the famous tulip gardens (starts with a K, but am scared to try and spell it without my guidebook in front of me) and a bunch of places in [name]Amsterdam[/name]. Anyway, just wanted to tell you that I absolutely love your country. I have just recently realized that I like the name [name]Holland[/name] for a girl and I am sure it has something to do with how beautiful [name]Holland[/name] is and how much I enjoyed our visit there. Look forward to seeing your posts on this site. All the best!

When I was planning to go to Europe, I was pregnant and I told my doctor I was going to go there. He said it was a great place to go when you’re pregnant because they have so many vegetables and lots of milk that’s good quality. Of course this was back in the mid-eighties. I don’t know what the food in Europe is like now. It’s probably great. I can’t remember much that happened when I was pregnant, so my husband remembers the trip better than I do.
[name]Tamara[/name], my favorite parts of L.A. are the parts that remind me the most of New [name]England[/name]. Like the Pasadena area and my old little neighborhood in Glendale that had enormous spreading oak trees. I’ve heard it looks like Connecticut. I don’t like places that are crowded and tacky. But I have to say I do love those classic hillside homes with a few palm trees, a sparkling pool, and a stunning view. If they’re very quiet. We don’t have a pool, but we have some very short palm trees.
This has nothing to do with names. But if you want to look up my list of South Pasadena names, look up [name]Bonita[/name]. South Pas is my fave city in L.A. I put a bunch of names of South Pas streets on my South Pas Names list. If you look up [name]Brea[/name], you can see my L.A. names list. L.A. names are cool, too!

Thanks for the welcome [name]Jill[/name]! And also thank you for the compliment on my English. I’m trying to do the best I can, ha ha. :wink: Aww you should come to [name]Holland[/name] someday :smiley: It’s a great place to be, altho it is very tiny! I bet [name]Holland[/name] is even tinier than the smallest state of the US, lol!

Awww I’m glad to hear you had a great time in [name]Holland[/name], [name]Kelly[/name]! Ha ha, yeah the tulips are kind of a big deal here. I guess [name]Holland[/name] is kinda known for it’s windmills, clogs, cheese and tulips. xD [name]Imagine[/name] why I thought it was cool that the middle names of one of [name]Rebecca[/name] Romijns daughters were [name]Tamara[/name] [name]Tulip[/name]. :wink: I would never name my own daughter that but I think it’s pretty nice that one of those names is my name and the other one is Hollands flower =). I bet you’ve probably seen more of [name]Holland[/name] than I have, tho. xD I usually go on vacation to different countries and I hardly ever go to [name]Amsterdam[/name] or any other place that’s not close to the one I live in. :wink:

For me it’s kind of normal to eat vegetables and drink lots of milk, is it not that common where you live? I never realised that. I’m not a big fan of crowded places either, but if I ever to get to go to LA, I’m probably gonna want to see everything, even the crowded places lol. Oooh I loove palm trees! I think my name even means palm tree or something :smiley:
When I look up the name [name]Bonita[/name], the only list that shows up on the bottom is the ‘Names that mean beautiful’-list. Did you mean that one? A part of my name is on that list, [name]Amara[/name], hi hi.