What's wrong with these names?

I posted them to a different site and these are some of the responses I got. I thought they were very narrow-minded but are my names really that bad?

[name]Agatha[/name]: Sounds old and heavy. (old? I think it could have a comeback!)
[name]Alanna[/name]: Pretty, but kind of insubstantial. (insubstantial?)
[name]Ashlyn[/name]/[name]Aislinn[/name]: Low-class and unsophisticated. (I think it’s pretty and no different than [name]Caitlin[/name].)
[name]Carrie[/name]-[name]Lynn[/name]: Sounds very country. (What’s wrong with country? I love country!)
[name]Isabella[/name]: Beautiful, elegant, but very popular. (I can agree with this one.)
[name]Lila[/name]/[name]Lyla[/name]: [name]Lila[/name] is pretty. [name]Lyla[/name] looks sylly. (sylly…that’s stupid. I love the name.)
[name]Nala[/name]: Lioness. (I love the [name]Lion[/name] [name]King[/name].)
[name]Pippa[/name]: Cute nickname for [name]Philippa[/name], which I love! (One positive comment!)
[name]Sage[/name]: Very not my style. (ok, fair enough)
[name]Seraphina[/name]/[name]Sarafina[/name]: [name]Seraphina[/name] is gorgeous and quirky in a classy way. [name]Love[/name] it! [name]Sarafina[/name] is misspelled. [name]Serafina[/name] is the correct Italian spelling, though! (oh idk)

[name]Anthony[/name]: Strong, handsome, timeless. (good!)
[name]Caleb[/name]: Strong, manly, likable. (another good one)
[name]Connor[/name]: Another good, strong, cool-sounding name. (good!)
[name]Corbin[/name]: And another! (still good)
[name]Elliott[/name]: [name]Love[/name] it…sounds very cute and intelligent. (last good one)
[name]Lee[/name]: Yawn. (personal opinion…)
[name]Ronan[/name]: Nice. I prefer [name]Rowan[/name] personally. (ok)
[name]Samuel[/name]: Timeless classic. (agreed)
[name]Travis[/name]: Hick in a cowboy hat. (What’s wrong with cowboy hats?)
[name]Ty[/name]: Nickname. [name]Tyler[/name] would be OK. [name]Even[/name] [name]Tyson[/name] would be better than just [name]Ty[/name]. (I guess that’s just an opinion.)

[name]Do[/name] you agree? Are they that bad?

[name]Agatha[/name]: sounds old and CLASSIC, agree with you, could make a comeback
[name]Alanna[/name]: don’t understand insubstantial comment. i think it’s a beautiful name
[name]Ashlyn[/name]/[name]Aislinn[/name]: My own name is the traditional irish spelling [name]Aisling[/name], therfore i’m angered at the comment “Low-class and unsophisticated” the translation is dream and an [name]Aisling[/name] is genre of poem in Irish.
[name]Carrie[/name]-[name]Lynn[/name]: love the use of [name]Lynn[/name] in a hyphaned name
[name]Isabella[/name]: agree, is very popular
[name]Lila[/name]/[name]Lyla[/name]: personallt prefer [name]Lyla[/name], makes it look different to [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Lillian[/name]
[name]Nala[/name]: also think [name]Lion[/name] [name]King[/name], i liek the name however
[name]Pippa[/name]: i’d use it was a fn on its own, think [name]Phillipa[/name] is too much of a mouthful.
[name]Sage[/name]: not keen on this either
[name]Seraphina[/name]/[name]Sarafina[/name]: Prefer [name]Seraphina[/name], i don’t really like names with ph changed to f

[name]Anthony[/name]: love, timeless
[name]Caleb[/name]: strong name, agree
[name]Connor[/name]: prefer one n spelling
[name]Corbin[/name]: not my style
[name]Elliott[/name]: prefer one t spelling
[name]Lee[/name]: this spelling not so much. [name]Leigh[/name] [name]LOVE[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name]: both [name]Ronan[/name] and [name]Rowen[/name] are gorgeous in their own right
[name]Samuel[/name]: classic, if wanting [name]Sam[/name] i’d use [name]Sampson[/name], however
[name]Travis[/name]: cruel comment, not my style however
[name]Ty[/name]: also would prefer it as a nn

OK, first when you are on a name site asking for an opinion understand that you are usually going to get people who love names, not just for the sound but for etymology as well. We are pickier about spelling, snobs when it comes to popularity, and spend so much time going through names that occasionally even something like Scheherazade will get a yawn. You just can’t expect to get all positive feedback, it’s never going to happen. Personally I don’t much disagree with a lot of the feedback you already have, but I’ll go through it anyway. Please don’t be offended by my opinion of what you like, everyone’s taste is different.
[name]Agatha[/name]: It does sound a bit clunky, but I definitely prefer it to [name]Agnes[/name]. I personally don’t see a comeback coming anytime soon, but hey you never know. I like it, but never enough to use it.
[name]Alanna[/name]: It is very pretty. But I get what they mean by insubstantial as well, its just so lacy and delicate.
[name]Ashlyn[/name]/[name]Aislinn[/name]: Depends on the spelling for me here. [name]Ashlyn[/name] I find super trendy and boring, [name]Aislinn[/name] has more history and just looks nicer to me.
[name]Carrie[/name]-[name]Lynn[/name]: It does sound country, but if that’s what you like then who cares.
[name]Isabella[/name]: Beautiful, elegant, but very popular. Yup.
[name]Lila[/name]/[name]Lyla[/name]: Lol, sylly. I agree though, [name]Lila[/name] looks polished and elegant, [name]Lyla[/name] looks tryndy.
[name]Nala[/name]: Its such a lovely name, ruined by a Disney film. And with it being re-released I don’t see that connection fading any time soon, even with [name]Halle[/name] [name]Berry[/name]'s little [name]Nahla[/name].
[name]Pippa[/name]: Cute, but I don’t really care for NNs as full names in general.
[name]Sage[/name]: I actually love [name]Sage[/name], a bit more for a boy than a girl, but it is one that I love to see used either way so I really don’t care.
[name]Seraphina[/name]/[name]Sarafina[/name]: [name]Seraphina[/name] is just too flowery and girly and frilly for me. [name]Way[/name] too French poodle. [name]Sarafina[/name] just looks like the trendy version of a classic name. Plus it looses it’s seraphim connection there and goes from “angel” to “princess”.

[name]Anthony[/name]: Strong, handsome, timeless. I agree.
[name]Caleb[/name]: Never really been a personal favorite of mine, but it’s nice enough. [name]Love[/name] the NN [name]Cal[/name].
[name]Connor[/name]: It’s a nice name, but I find it super trendy. It’s like the new [name]Sean[/name]/[name]Shawn[/name]/[name]Ryan[/name]/[name]Brian[/name]/etc. O look how Irish I am.
[name]Corbin[/name]: Meh.
[name]Elliott[/name]: I never know how I feel about this name, some days I love it, some days it just sounds to girly for a boy but too masculine for a girl.
[name]Lee[/name]: I actually really like [name]Lee[/name].
[name]Ronan[/name]: It’s not a bad name, but not a favorite either.
[name]Samuel[/name]: I know I am in the minority here but I get a super colonial vibe from this name that I just can’t get over. [name]Every[/name] time I hear it in it’s full form I expect to see a little Amish boy.
[name]Travis[/name]: Hick in a cowboy hat. Again, if you like country/cowboy names who cares?
[name]Ty[/name]: Again, I don’t care for NNs as full names. Maybe spelled [name]Tai[/name] it wouldn’t bother me as much.

[name]Agatha[/name]: I like it! And yes, it could totally make I came back. I do prefer [name]Agnes[/name] though. I know a sweet little girl by this name and it fits her to a T!
[name]Alanna[/name]: Is this pronounces [name]Ah[/name]-law-nah or A-lay-nah? I love the prior pronunciation…and it’s romantic feel.
[name]Ashlyn[/name]/[name]Aislinn[/name]: sorry, I just don’t care for it.
[name]Carrie[/name]-[name]Lynn[/name]: cute and spunky! It make me smile when I say it!
[name]Isabella[/name]: I have a complete soft spot for this name. I know it is EXTREMELY popular (ugh) but I loooove it and would totally use it.
[name]Lila[/name]/[name]Lyla[/name]: southern charm!
[name]Nala[/name]: Too [name]Lion[/name] [name]King[/name] for me…how about [name]Nyla[/name]?
[name]Pippa[/name]: Nice nickname for [name]Philippa[/name]
[name]Sage[/name]: it’s not for me…
[name]Seraphina[/name]/[name]Sarafina[/name]: I. [name]LOVE[/name]. THIS. NAME!

[name]Anthony[/name]: Classic, manly and tons of nicknames
[name]Caleb[/name]: I like it but I know a ton of Calebs…
[name]Connor[/name]: It’s ok…nice but not my fave.
[name]Corbin[/name]: Nope
[name]Elliott[/name]: [name]Love[/name] it! Sweet, classic but not too common.
[name]Lee[/name]: Yawn. (personal opinion…)
[name]Ronan[/name]: It reminds me of [name]Conan[/name] the Barbarian…so no.
[name]Samuel[/name]: Timeless classic. :slight_smile:
[name]Travis[/name]: Yuck
[name]Ty[/name]: It’s a nickname…

To be honest, I agree with the vast majority of those comments, sorry! But if you still love the names after all these comments, then I think that’s a really positive thing.

I have no problem with any of the opinions, even the people who don’t like them! All I was trying too say before is that there is nothing wrong with not liking a name, what’s wrong is for some reason thinking it’s “trashy” and being rude about things. As for the “country” thing, that just seems disrespectful towards people who live in the country. Myself, I live on the [name]East[/name] Coast but is no one on this website from down south? A little country charm never hurt anyone. On the other hand, you guys have brought up some good points so thanks!

I think it is only rude if you take it that way. My name is [name]Jade[/name], I cannot tell you the amount of times my friends have joked about me having “a stripper name”. Which is all fine and good, because I know that I am not that type of a person and they know that as well. Doesn’t stop the name from giving them that image.
As for the country thing, I don’t think they meant it in an offensive manner. I know I didn’t. Those names sound like a names that are more common in the south, the end. I hear [name]Travis[/name] I think of [name]Travis[/name] Tritt and [name]John[/name] Deere, it’s not condescending just where my mind goes. Same for most hyphenated/double names. Some (like [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Ann[/name] for example) are so common it doesn’t really denote a region, but something like [name]Carrie[/name]-[name]Lynn[/name] (or [name]Lexy[/name] [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Lexy[/name] [name]Lee[/name], my aunt and cousin from down south) gives me a more southern image.

Hey there! You’ve got an interesting list of names here! Different styles - I like it! Here are my thoughts on what’s been said:

[name]Agatha[/name] - [name]Agatha[/name] is heavy, but in a “grounded” sort of way. Is she old-fashioned? Sure! But, vintage is making a comeback, as you said, so I think [name]Agatha[/name] would be a rich choice. Plus, Aga and [name]Aggie[/name] are sweet nicknames! [name]Even[/name] Gaga could work, or is that too Lady Gaga? Ha.
[name]Alanna[/name] - I think she’s pretty, youthful, and vibrant. I don’t feel that she’s insubstantial at all! I do prefer the [name]Alana[/name] spelling, because I’d rather the [name]Lana[/name] pronunciation be emphasized over [name]Anna[/name], but maybe that’s just me.
[name]Ashlyn[/name]/[name]Aislinn[/name] - Hm. [name]Don[/name]'t get low-class from this at all! I prefer the [name]Ashlan[/name] spelling to [name]Ashlyn[/name], myself. I can’t really say why other than I prefer Y’s to be at the end of the name and not in them (e.g., I also prefer [name]Gwendolen[/name] to [name]Gwendolyn[/name]), and [name]Ashlan[/name] feels a touch more modern. Maybe I’m being weird, though! As for [name]Aislinn[/name], I just think the pronunciation isn’t as obvious to English speakers in the States.
[name]Carrie[/name]-[name]Lynn[/name] - Well, I suppose double names in general sound Southern, as that’s where they are probably most common. To me, [name]Carrie[/name] is a fun and perky nickname for a large number of names, but I would just say that [name]Lynn[/name] feels a little dated. I know it was more popular as a first name 30 or so years ago and then took off as a middle name, so that’s where it stands for me. But, then again, -lyn is everywhere nowadays as a suffix, so [name]Carrie[/name]-[name]Lynn[/name] isn’t much different.
[name]Isabella[/name] - The comment hit it on the head! I agree with all of that.
[name]Lila[/name]/[name]Lyla[/name] - I see that [name]Lyla[/name] is just trying to make the pronunciation more obvious, which I suppose it does, but I’d pronounce [name]Lila[/name] like [name]Lyla[/name] and [name]Lilla[/name] like [[name]LIL[/name]-ah]. Again, me and my Y issue. I’m going to always prefer sweet [name]Lila[/name]!
[name]Nala[/name] - Ha, lioness. Yes, it reminds me of The [name]Lion[/name] [name]King[/name]. And [name]Halle[/name] [name]Berry[/name]. But her daughter is [name]Nahla[/name], I think. It’s a pretty, refreshing sound, but people will always think of The [name]Lion[/name] [name]King[/name]. Not good or bad, just a fact.
[name]Pippa[/name] - Jaunty and fun nickname name that will definitely rise up with [name]Pippa[/name] Middleton’s sudden popularity! A fun way to make heavy (I know you don’t like that word, but stylistically [name]Philippa[/name] is heavy!) [name]Philippa[/name] sound a little more perky.
[name]Sage[/name] - Very much on trend, not trendy. I think [name]Sage[/name] sounds fresh and, well, clean. Nature names are hot, so I think this is a fun one!
[name]Seraphina[/name]/[name]Sarafina[/name] - I like the [name]Seraphina[/name] spelling best, followed by [name]Serafina[/name], followed by [name]Sarafina[/name]. I don’t think [name]Sarafina[/name] is spelled incorrectly, but I like that E in there because it looks less like a blending of [name]Sara[/name] and another name that way, and [name]Sarah[/name] is my sister’s name. So, maybe it’s a personal thing! I do find [name]Seraphina[/name] to be incredibly flouncy, though, and it’s just too angelic for my taste. Pretty name, for sure, and very romantic, but just not me!

So, I only have time for girl names now. I think you’ve got a cool list! Some vintage, some not - so I can’t really say where your style is, overall. My favorites? Probably [name]Sage[/name] and [name]Alana[/name] and maybe [name]Agatha[/name] or [name]Pippa[/name]. Least favorites? [name]Carrie[/name]-[name]Lynn[/name] and [name]Seraphina[/name].

EDIT! Alright, I’m back - that didn’t take so long. Let’s do boys’ names:

Anthony - Definitely strong and handsome, though so is quirky Antony. Timeless? That’s the one part I’m hung up on right now. To me, Anthony feels like he’s classic and therefore timeless, but he also seems a little tired and on the verge of being dated. Can’t totally put a finger on why, but I’m not getting much inspiration from him right not. Let’s just ignore that, shall we? :wink:
Caleb - Caleb is friendly and likable, for sure! That’s what I get from this name. I don’t think he’s overwhelmingly strong in the way that maybe Andrew is, but Caleb is good and sturdy for a boy, and Cale is a nice modern nickname.
Connor - I think it’s handsome and strong, definitely. Cool-sounding is obviously incredibly subjective, so I’ll just say I’ve never met a cool Connor, but that doesn’t make the name uncool! It sounds a little sporty-nerdy-chic. That encapsulates everything!
Corbin - Corbin is much more uncommon than either of your above names, but he sounds a little fun and spunky. I like that.
Elliott - Elliott does sound very smart, for sure. I’ve met many an Elliott and they’re all bookish and intelligent! The name itself has a lot of strength and presence, which I like. I sort of like the Eliot spelling for something a little more streamlined, but as a name I prefer like-sounding Everett. I’m always amazed by how different I see both Eli (friendly and perky) and Elias (hard-working and handsome) as compared to Elliott, but all three are great choices.
Lee - Probably one of my favorite nicknames for girls and boys! The only Lee I’ve met was a girl; I’ve never met a boy named just Lee! I think it sounds casual and cool, but I do prefer it as a short form of anything from Leland to Leo or something.
Ronan - Sounds much sturdier and less unisex than Rowan, but I like that, too! Ronan is fabulous, honestly!
Samuel - Absolutely a timeless classic, and you can’t go wrong with Sam.
Travis - It does have a certain Western appeal to it, but I don’t get hick. Cowboy hat? Sure, but that’s fine! I’d imagine his brother would be Wyatt. I think it’s a sturdy, masculine name.
Ty - It is rather nickname-y, but I don’t think that means you can’t use it! Ty also has a Southern, rugged, cowboy appeal to it in my mind, but that’s not at all a bad thing. I could see him with a brother named Beau. Wait, no, Ty and Beau together is ridiculous because of Tai Bo. Tae Bo? Can’t remember. Tyler is a little dated at this point, but I could see you using that as a long form, if you wanted to. But, I’m just not a fan of Tyson; it reminds me of the chicken brand, unfortunately. Ty’s perky on his own!

I am totally bringing [name]Agatha[/name] back!!!

I definitely think [name]Agatha[/name] could make a come back…along with [name]Tabitha[/name].

I do agree with a lot of the comments here… although some were a bit harsh [name]IMO[/name]. If you love a name… that’s what matters! I’ve gotten some rude comments back on my list - brush it off and love them anyways!

None of your names are bad. What people are telling you are their opinions of the names. We all come from different places, have different tastes, and different experiences with names. You just have to love them. :slight_smile:

My favorites are [name]Agatha[/name], [name]Isabella[/name], [name]Pippa[/name], [name]Sage[/name], & [name]Seraphina[/name] for the girls and [name]Corbin[/name], [name]Elliot[/name], & [name]Ronan[/name] for the boys.

Good luck.

[name]Agatha[/name]: I do think [name]Agatha[/name] sounds old - and really quite young at the same time. It falls in with names like [name]Edith[/name], [name]Martha[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name]. Ready for revival. Personally, I love this name.
[name]Alanna[/name]: Insubstantial, no. A tad safe, yes. It’s a perfectly good name that people won’t swoon over, nor will they turn up their noses. This name keeps making my list only to be taken over by [name]Alaina[/name], which I find a bit more fresh.
[name]Ashlyn[/name]/[name]Aislinn[/name]: I think this is is a lovely name. It does seem a bit trendy. [name]Lovely[/name] nonetheless.
[name]Carrie[/name]-[name]Lynn[/name]: It does sound Country, but I also love Country! City Chic or Trendy isn’t for everyone. I prefer [name]Carrie[/name] as a nickname for [name]Carolyn[/name] or [name]Caroline[/name]. With [name]Carolyn[/name] you still get the [name]Carrie[/name], the [name]Lynn[/name] and a name with some more spunk than [name]Carrie[/name]-[name]Lynn[/name].
[name]Isabella[/name]: Popular for a reason. It’s a beautiful name.
[name]Lila[/name]/[name]Lyla[/name]: Either spelling is perfectly acceptable. I think [name]Lyla[/name] will be the more popular spelling but [name]Lila[/name] is really cute too.
[name]Nala[/name]: I think [name]Lion[/name] [name]King[/name] too. I can’t get past the connection.
[name]Pippa[/name]: I’m not a huge fan of [name]Pippa[/name]. I much prefer [name]Piper[/name]. With that being said, I don’t think it’s a terrible name at all. Any child would do well with the name [name]Pippa[/name].
[name]Sage[/name]: I like it and I also like [name]Paige[/name].
[name]Seraphina[/name]/[name]Sarafina[/name]: I really like [name]Seraphina[/name] but it seems a bit pretentious to me.

[name]Anthony[/name]: Can’t go wrong. [name]Love[/name] it.
[name]Caleb[/name]: On my top 10.
[name]Connor[/name]: Awesome.
[name]Corbin[/name]: [name]Adore[/name].
[name]Elliott[/name]: [name]Love[/name] it…sounds very cute and intelligent. (last good one)
[name]Lee[/name]: Absolutely adore! Simple, sweet, classic. I love one syllable firsts for boys.
[name]Ronan[/name]: I really like this.
[name]Samuel[/name]: Really great name.
[name]Travis[/name]: I don’t like this one, but it’s personal taste. Nothing wrong with it.
[name]Ty[/name]: I really like [name]Ty[/name] on its own or with a longer, more formal name.

I love your boys list and there are quite a few gems on your girl list. Choosing a name should reflect your personality and tastes and if you are into Country, why not choose a name like [name]Carrie[/name]-[name]Lynn[/name]? You can’t please everyone so you may as well choose something you love.

Personally, I don’t like asking other people about their opinions of the name I have chosen for my child. The people’s opinion on the name that matters is mine and my husband’s. If the name isn’t going to cause any kind of obvious harm to the child (ex. Hitler, [name]Tallulah[/name]-does-the-hula, [name]Ima[/name] Pig, etc.), then who really cares what other people think? [name]Don[/name]'t conform to peer pressure!

[name]Agatha[/name]- sorry, I have to agree with the narrow-minded poster before.
[name]Alanna[/name]: This is cute.
[name]Ashlyn[/name]/[name]Aislinn[/name]: I actually love this name. Not low class at all.
[name]Carrie[/name]-[name]Lynn[/name]: It does sound country. Not everyone is a fan (including myself) but I don’t mind all country names. I just don’t like [name]Carrie[/name].
[name]Isabella[/name]: I like it. I don’t care about popularity.
[name]Lila[/name]/[name]Lyla[/name]: I prefer [name]Lilah[/name] for a spelling, but yes, great name.
[name]Nala[/name]: I know alot of people who adore this name.
[name]Pippa[/name]: Okay, I feel bad, but I hate this name. It doesn’t even sound like a name.
[name]Sage[/name]: Cute. I think it’s best for the middlename slot.
[name]Seraphina[/name]/[name]Sarafina[/name]: Beautiful name. Can always use [name]Sara[/name] as a nickname if people think it’s too much.
[name]Anthony[/name]: I agree. Only positive remarks for this name.
[name]Caleb[/name]: My favorite guy’s name!
[name]Connor[/name]: I love [name]Connor[/name]. There aren’t too many of them out there.
[name]Corbin[/name]: I think this suits certain people. As long as the person has a [name]Corbin[/name] personality, it’s a good name. Does that make sense?
[name]Elliott[/name]: Never really like [name]Elliott[/name]. Reminds me too much of a girl’s name.
[name]Lee[/name]: Works best with a longer middle name, or as a middle name.
[name]Ronan[/name]: Not my style.
[name]Samuel[/name]: Another favorite of mine.
[name]Travis[/name]: It really is kind of hillbilly-ish.
[name]Ty[/name]: I like [name]Ty[/name]. Alot of asian men are named [name]Ty[/name]. I think it’s cute. Alot better than [name]Tyson[/name].

Thank you so much! You had some great feedback. You showed me whats wrong with some of the names and gave ligitiment reasons. I actually agree with a lot of your points. (and I think I’m taking [name]Ty[/name] off my list, too nicknamey.)

edit: I’m not insulted by anything and I’m not trying to complain. Thank you for all your help! I will be the first to blatently say I dislike a name but I will give real reasons that aren’t rude and condesending. There are a few names that you guys made me realize are bad and I’m taking them off my list. Thanks!

[name]Agatha[/name]: Definatley is an old lady name and while I love old lady names personally I would never use this one.
[name]Alanna[/name]: I like this one and I’ve never met anyone with this name before. A nice deviation from [name]Alaina[/name].
[name]Ashlyn[/name]/[name]Aislinn[/name]: I prefer [name]Ashlyn[/name] but I’m not sure how to pronounce [name]Aislinn[/name]. [name]Aislinn[/name] is more visually appealing though.
[name]Carrie[/name]-[name]Lynn[/name]: I’m not big on hyphenated names. I think first name [name]Carrie[/name] middle name [name]Lynn[/name] is very pretty though.
[name]Isabella[/name]: Very pretty but I get the Twilight association which I don’t care for.
[name]Lila[/name]/[name]Lyla[/name]: [name]Love[/name] both but prefer the spelling as [name]Lila[/name].
[name]Nala[/name]: I do get the association of the [name]Lion[/name] [name]King[/name] but if you wanted to avoid that you could spell it [name]Nahla[/name] like [name]Halle[/name] [name]Berry[/name] did.
[name]Pippa[/name]: [name]Love[/name], love, love as a nickname for [name]Philippa[/name].
[name]Sage[/name]: I don’t really care for spice names. Much better in the middle name spot.
[name]Seraphina[/name]/[name]Sarafina[/name]: Prefer [name]Seraphina[/name] over [name]Sarafina[/name] but I don’t really care for either name.

[name]Anthony[/name]: A very nice name, I just would never use it myself.
[name]Caleb[/name]: Very nice, classic name.
[name]Connor[/name]: I love this one! And this is the best spelling.
[name]Corbin[/name]: Personally I don’t care for this one.
[name]Elliott[/name]: [name]Love[/name] this one with this spelling.
[name]Lee[/name]: Personally I feel this is better as a middle name.
[name]Ronan[/name]: Personally I prefer [name]Rowan[/name].
[name]Samuel[/name]: A good name but personally, something about this one just rubs me the wrong way.
[name]Travis[/name]: [name]Love[/name] this one!
[name]Ty[/name]: Is a good name but I prefer a full name on the birth certificate.

There’s nothing wrong with your names, and keep in mind there is certainly a naming style that dominates Nameberry (and I’m sure whatever site you posted your list to before). Names like Felix and Clementine that are a little offbeat and quirky tend to be really popular here. The only name on your list that gives off that Nameberry vibe is Agatha. That doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with them, it is just not the style of most people on this site.
However, your style would probably fit in with more Americans than names that get a lot of praise on Nameberry (Alanna is #518 whereas Clementine isn’t even in the top 1000) . Your boys list has a lot of top 100 names and Berries are all about the unknown names not anywhere near the top 200 at least. That’s why I bet your not getting as much positive feedback as you would like. And like everyone else has said, its just personal opinions. Sometimes a name can be ruined due to a personal experience, like I know a jerk guy named Connor, so I don’t like the name. No matter how many cute baby Connors are born, I will always associate it with that one jerk. I’m sure this is true of lots of people. (and probably true of the person who said Travis is a hick name) You should always take opinions with a grain of salt. If it sounds good to your ears, and you love stick by it!