What's your dream surname?

Oh, I know. [name]Keira[/name] [name]Christina[/name] Kniightly, I envy thee thy name!

Well Iā€™m moments away from losing my last name, so right now my dream surname is simply to be able to keep mine!

Besides that I would just pick names farther up my family tree. [name]Bouvier[/name], Lefebvre, Delacour, Belanger, etc. are some favorites.

Of course thereā€™s a few celebrities surnames Iā€™d like to have too but that has less to do with how they soundā€¦

Oh yeahā€¦ [name]Law[/name], [name]McGregor[/name], Rickman, Oldman, Fiennes, [name]Bean[/name] (oh no, I can only come of with six!). Definitely had nothing to do with the surname itself. Except, you know, Fiennes is a cool surname :wink:

I would love to be a Wilde.

5 Likes

My great-grandmotherā€™s maiden name was Meadowcroft. I absolutely adore it.

2 Likes

MacCorquodale
[name]Farquhar[/name]
Anything starting with Aber, [name]Apple[/name], Mickle or [name]Meadow[/name]
Anything containing the word Rook or [name]Lea[/name]

[name]Blade[/name] MacCorquodale Aberapplemicklemeadowrook?

Armitage sounds pretty awesome. Where are you when I need you, [name]Richard[/name] darling?

Iā€™d actually like my first name, [name]Reine[/name], as a surname (but with the prn [name]Rain[/name] instead of [name]Rainy[/name]). It was my paternal grandmotherā€™s maiden name- I was named for it. It wouldnā€™t be bother me as much when it was butchered, but itā€™s simple, memorable and looks great on paper.
I really like my two syllable maiden name because it goes with everything- except for initials. It starts with ā€˜phā€™ so it makes an ā€˜fā€™ sound. And while alliteration works well (like with [name]Phoebe[/name]), the initials are PP- something I could never do. But [name]Finn[/name] Ph-l---- does sound good.

Dellacosta, which I found on my family tree. Uncommon but easy to pronounce, and really pretty (to me anyway).

Oh, in all my fantasies I marry someone with the last name [name]Ellis[/name]. Sounds good with everything, and it looks so pretty in cursive!

Dashwood, [name]Wellington[/name], Targaryen, Lannister, Stark, [name]Collins[/name], [name]Lawrence[/name], [name]Del[/name] [name]Rey[/name], Dobrev, Ivashkov, Belikov, Hathaway, Tortorella, Mirallegro, Hiddleston, Halliwell, Darling, [name]Bennett[/name], Lovegood, [name]Spencer[/name], [name]Brennan[/name], [name]Snow[/name], [name]Martell[/name], Baratheon, Greyjoy, Watson, Skadoske

Thatā€™s all that come to mind but I know there are so many great surnames out there.

I really dislike my last name. :frowning:

I actually quite like my surname, but I guess if I had to choose another I likeā€¦

[name]Valentine[/name]
[name]Winters[/name]
Hemmingway
Lovedale
[name]Potter[/name]
[name]Hollis[/name]

[name]One[/name] of my however-many-times-great grandmother (I canā€™t remember the exact relation, Iā€™ll have to look it up)'s maiden name was Littlefair. [name]How[/name] sweet is that? I love it! Thereā€™s also Riddle and [name]Pepper[/name] in my family tree. :slight_smile:

If I wasnā€™t going from my family names, Iā€™d probably pick a poetic and terribly pretentious literary name, like [name]Byron[/name] or Wilde or [name]Sinclair[/name]ā€¦love.

Iā€™m so glad Iā€™m not the only one who thinks about surnames as well as firsts! :wink:

Iā€™d love a simple, bland, one-syllable surname so that there are almost no limits to what I can name my kids. Something like [name]Grey[/name], [name]James[/name], [name]Kyle[/name], or [name]Reid[/name]

My favorites are:
[name]Everly[/name]
[name]Merced[/name]
[name]Green[/name]

My own maiden surname: Darling

I really like some of my friends surnames, one of them being: Delacroix (French: of the cross).

Others:

French:
Baudelaire
Dumont

English:
Attaway (at the way)
[name]Auden[/name] (old friend)
[name]Foster[/name]
[name]Grey[/name]
Hollins
[name]Knight[/name] (soldier)/ Knightley
[name]Merritt[/name] (boundary gate)
Pembertown (barley hill town)
Pendragon (Surname of [name]Arthur[/name] from the myth)
Wardrobe (guarder of the robes)
Wilde (wild)
[name]Willoughby[/name] (willow village)
[name]Winter[/name] (winter)
[name]Wolfe[/name] (wolf)

Irish:
[name]Callaghan[/name] (descendant of war church)
[name]Halloran[/name] (descendant of a stranger from across the sea)
Moriarty (expert navigator)

Nature:
Bluebird
Everwood
[name]Forest[/name]
Hallowell (holy well)
Rosewood
Swan
Woods

As well as a made up surname among me and my brothers, the [name]Doctor[/name] Who inspired: Deuxcoeurs. (two hearts)

2 Likes

[name]Frost[/name], [name]Snow[/name], or [name]Winter[/name]. Maybe itā€™s my northern upbringing, but I just love any last names that have to do with the cold weather.

[name]Catelin[/name] [name]Snow[/name], [name]Catelin[/name] [name]Frost[/name], [name]Catelin[/name] [name]Winter[/name]. :slight_smile:

I also envy people with those last names, one of my friends is a [name]Van[/name] Straalen, she hates it, but I would love to have that surname!