What's your favorite list?

[name]Every[/name] time I find a name that I really, really love and I look it up on nameberry, it’s on either the hipster list or the yupster list! [name]Ah[/name]! I don’t particularly want to like the names on these lists, but as it says in the descriptions of the list, these names may become very popular! Oh well, it’s not like I’m going to not use a name because it’s on those lists (obviously, [name]Dashiell[/name] is on there!). But seriously like ALL of my very favorites are on there! So, is there a list that you keep finding yourself going back to?

I recognize many of my favorite names on these two lists, too. Some of the names on those lists I hate, but they probably have a plurality of my favorites, also the Old Lady Cool Names list.

With girls names I tend to lean towards foreign names ( MOSTLY from the Irish/British list with some Italian ones peppered in there) and the Yupster list (don’t feel bad [name]Lyndsay[/name] :slight_smile: ) And lately (because of this wonderful site!) I’ve been leaning towards the Old Lady Cool Names list.

With boys…I’m all over the place! So weird!

Generally, I’m on the Old Lady Cool, Vintage, and Hipster lists. Sometimes the Yupster list, which annoys me to no end, because some of my favorites are there, but so are some of my least favorites. I also find my favorite names littered across both the Good and Bad Girls lists… interesting.

[name]EDIT[/name]: My post made no sense, sorry! :slight_smile:

Hollywood Glamour Girls such as [name]Veronica[/name] and [name]Vivian[/name]
Old Lady Cool - love [name]Esther[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name]
Classic Boys’ Names - love [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Philip[/name] and [name]Arthur[/name] and [name]Peter[/name]
Classic Girls’ Names - [name]Laura[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Mary[/name], [name]Anna[/name], [name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Clunky[/name] but Cool Names for Boys - love [name]Chester[/name] and [name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Clunky[/name] but Cool Names for Girls - [name]Iris[/name]!
Antique Names Ready for Restoration - [name]Cecily[/name]!!
[name]Bird[/name] Names - because I just love birds, especially old Mexican pottery Talavera birds. So I love the name [name]Paloma[/name].
On “search for names” I like to look up Greek, Scandinavian, and other names on the “Origin” section. Scandinavian names are fun, fun, fun. Greek names are so rich and warm, I would be happy with them always. French names are romantic and gorgeous. [name]Love[/name] Hispanic names so much. They make me think of going on vacation and having the best time ever. I don’t know which kind of names I love most - maybe Greek.
Sometimes I think of an ending I like such as “ina” or “ette”, and then I look it up on “search for names”. If the list is too long, I look up just the vintage names. I love vintage names the most.
Sometimes I look up a name I like and see what it is in other languages. That is really fun.

I seem to favor names on the Hipster list too and I like a lot of the names on the Yupster list too.