What's Your Favourite TV Show?

What’s your favorite TV show? Tell me something about them and how long did they run for?

1. Beverly Hills 90210 (1990-2000) (However I hate the new 90210)!
  2. Full House (1987-1995)
  3. Charmed (1998-2006)
  4. Happy Days (1974-1984)
  5. Little House On The Prairie (1974-1983)

My favourite TV show is [name_f]Miranda[/name_f]. It’s hilarious, and is about how [name_f]Miranda[/name_f] [name_m]Hart[/name_m] portrays herself, but in a more comical way. I don’t know how long it’s been running for but I think for a few years or so now. I don’t know if [name_f]Miranda[/name_f] [name_m]Hart[/name_m] is going to make another series but I would love her to. However she has been in quite a lot of other stuff (and so has [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] Hadland who plays her best friend [name_u]Stevie[/name_u], and [name_f]Sally[/name_f] [name_m]Phillips[/name_m] who plays her old school friend [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] is in another programme as well) so I’m not sure. One of my favourite episodes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9HgwrvFpFc

Erm, I’m not sure I have a favorite TV show? I went through a stage a couple years ago when I was watching about 20 shows at a time, and I’m only now getting it down to a more reasonable five or so. I think right now, my favorite is Madam Secretary. This is the first season of the show, so it’s really new, but I love it. It’s got intrigue and some romance and history and politics, and it’s just really captivating and amazing.

My favorite summer show, for sure, is BBC’s The Musketeers (at least, here it aired in the summer!). My whole family was absolutely captivated by it, and we were glued to it all summer! It, of course, is inspired by Dumas’s The Three Musketeers.

Other shows I watch at various times throughout the year:

State of Affairs
Arrow
The Flash
Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Covert Affairs
Rizzoli & Isles
The Last Ship
Rookie Blue

And if I can ever get fully caught up on Doctor Who, that’ll probably get added to this list, as well. I have about a season and a half to go, but I feel like I’m really not going to like Peter Capaldi as the Doctor (I just keep seeing evil Cardinal Richelieu! Plus, after David Tennant and Matt Smith, I’m not used to an older-looking doctor. It just seems really jarring to me!), but we’ll see…

Psych is pretty much the only show I watch. Oh, and VGHS, if that counts. I’ve never gotten into [name_m]Doctor[/name_m] Who, partly because so many people I know are incredibly annoying about it. I’ve watched two or three episodes, and I liked [name_m]Matt[/name_m] [name_m]Smith[/name_m], but it’s simply not my cup of tea, I suppose.
I also like [name_u]Andy[/name_u] [name_m]Griffith[/name_m].

Bones (2005-present)
[name_m]Doctor[/name_m] Who (2005-present) - the new episodes, I haven’t seen the classics
[name_u]Grey[/name_u]‘s Anatomy (also 2005-present)
Parenthood (2010-2015), sadly this is on its last season
Project Runway (2004-present) and PR: All Stars (2012-present) … not a big fan of the kids’ version, Threads, though
Property Brothers (2011-present), because who doesn’t love hunky Canadian twins??
Private Practice (2007-2013), although it got [name_m]WAY[/name_m] crazy at the end
Fringe (2008-2013)
[name_m]Chuck[/name_m] (2007-2012)
Firefly (2002-2003) this should never have been cancelled!

I guess I like a lot more TV shows than I thought!

Supernatural (2005-present)
Oz (1997-2003)
The Walking Dead (2010-present)
The Simpsons (1989-present)
Futurama (1999-2013)
South Park (1997-present)

I don’t watch much TV but here are my favourite TV shows in order

MASH (1972-1983) best show ever [name_f]IMO[/name_f] and I love binge watching episodes when I get the chance
Criminal Minds (2005-present)
Numb3rs (2005-2010)
Psych (2006-2014)
Castle (2009-present)

My favourite TV shows include
[name_m]Doctor[/name_m] Who
Game of Thrones
[name_m]How[/name_m] I Met Your Mother
[name_f]Buffy[/name_f] the Vampire Slayer
Misfits
Supernatural
Heroes
Two Broke Girls
Orphan [name_m]Black[/name_m]

ButI think GoT or DW are my favourites :slight_smile:

I have many.

Eastenders (1985-present, I was brought up watching it and I was born in 1996, so I started proper getting into it say… 2005)
The Vampire Diaries (2009-present)
The Originals (2013-present)
Rizzoli & Isles (2010-present)
[name_u]Orange[/name_u] Is the [name_m]New[/name_m] [name_m]Black[/name_m] (2013-present)
Kardashians (all of the spin offs etc, since 2007)

Me and my husband have really been into the walking dead recently. Our friend lent us his box set of the 4 previous seasons before season 5 came on and we both love it!

Some others we/I have watched recently are:

[name_u]Orange[/name_u] is the new black (Only had time to watch [name_f]Season[/name_f] 1 though, [name_f]Season[/name_f] 2 is on our to watch list!!)
American horror story ([name_u]Haven[/name_u]'t seen much of S4 though)
Friends
Rizzoli & Isles
[name_m]Parks[/name_m] and Recreation
NCIS
[name_m]How[/name_m] to get away with murder

There are more but I can’t think of them off the top of my head! These are all ones we/I watch often :slight_smile:

I watch a lot of shows and these are probably my go-to favourites right now. Most of them are on a mid season hiatus now, which is annoying.

[name_u]Orange[/name_u] is the [name_m]New[/name_m] [name_m]Black[/name_m]
[name_m]How[/name_m] To Get Away With Murder
Gotham
The [name_m]Flash[/name_m]
[name_m]Arrow[/name_m]
[name_m]Young[/name_m] [name_u]Justice[/name_u]
The [name_f]Mindy[/name_f] Project
[name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] Nine Nine
[name_f]Buffy[/name_f] the Vampire Slayer
Please Like Me
[name_m]Parks[/name_m] and Recreation
Avatar the Last Airbender + [name_u]Legend[/name_u] of Korra
Downton [name_u]Abbey[/name_u]

Of current shows, I watch [name_u]Grey[/name_u]'s Anatomy, [name_m]Hawaii[/name_m] Five-0 (DH’s favorite show), and Chicago [name_m]Fire[/name_m]. I used to really like the show Off the Map but it only ran for one season (2011), sadly. Other than that, I watch what my kids watch, which is mostly [name_u]Andy[/name_u] [name_m]Griffith[/name_m], [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Boone[/name_m], Leave it to Beaver, etc.

At the moment I am absolutely obsessed with Gossip girl, I have managed to watch a season per week (onto season 5) even though for two of those weeks I had exams. I also absolutely love Glee (especially season 5) and I’ve been watching home and away for the past two years simply because it is on every night when I want to watch something I normally only watch it at school though

My favorite shows currently on the air are Orphan [name_m]Black[/name_m], In the Flesh, and [name_m]How[/name_m] to Get Away with Murder.

I like a lot of shows, but favorites? Hmm

no longer on the air:
[name_f]Buffy[/name_f] (forever and ever my favorite)
Start Trek: TNG (I’ll never stop wishing this universe for our future)
Battlestar Galactica (so many things explored)
X-Files (last few seasons were meh, but still a show I can watch again and again)
Fringe (amazing science fiction, and it has one of my favorite characters ever: [name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_m]Bishop[/name_m])
Desperate Housewives (I used to be embarrassed about loving this, but man, screw it, I love it, it’s hilarious and melodramatic and [name_m]OTT[/name_m])
[name_f]Veronica[/name_f] [name_u]Mars[/name_u] (love love love)
Twin Peaks (the first season was amazing, it fizzled out in the second, but still worth the ride, the best of weird)

still on the air:
Supernatural (s1-5 are perfection, 6-now is more bad than good, but when it’s good it’s wonderful)
[name_m]Doctor[/name_m] Who (valid critiques, but it’s so much fun)
The Walking Dead (another one with good and bad, but the good is so good I don’t care)
[name_m]Hannibal[/name_m] (perfect, every scene, every bit of dialogue, ever color and sound… perfect)
American Horror [name_u]Story[/name_u] (love the changing story lines, if one doesn’t appeal to you, try another. My favorites are Murder House and Freak Show)

I just watched Ascension and I hope it gets picked up to a full series, or another miniseries or something. I really liked it.

[name_m]Doctor[/name_m] Who, [name_m]Parks[/name_m] & Rec., House, Modern Family, [name_u]Orange[/name_u] is the [name_m]New[/name_m] [name_m]Black[/name_m], That 70’s Show, Criminal Minds, and Friends.

Here are a few.

Community (2009-present)
The Simpsons (1989-present)
[name_m]Parks[/name_m] & Recreation (2009-2015)
The Big C (2010-2013)
30 [name_m]Rock[/name_m] (2006-2013)
The Office (2005-2013)
Futurama (1999-2013)
The Closer (2005-2012)
[name_f]Buffy[/name_f] the Vampire Slayer (1997-2003)
[name_f]Ally[/name_f] McBeal (1997-2002)
The X-Files (1993-2002)

2013 was not a good year for me TV-wise.

I got wildly into The Affair from the moment I saw the first episode and have been extremely invested throughout the first season. It’s such an intriguing way to tell a story and the actors give stunning performances ([name_f]Ruth[/name_f] [name_m]Wilson[/name_m] in particular – I really hope she takes home that Globe). It’s absolutely painful that we have to wait almost a year for season two.

Other than that, which definitely has gotten itself a spot on my favourites list, my favourite television shows are:
Absolutely Fabulous
Arvingerne (The [name_f]Legacy[/name_f])
Downton [name_u]Abbey[/name_u]
Forbrydelsen (the original and cough much better cough The Killing)
Game of Thrones (for Cersei only, D&D basically butcher G.R.R.M.'s story at this point)
Midsomer Murders (but only with ~~the real~~ [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m])
[name_f]Miranda[/name_f]
Sensing Murder (I am absolute trash)
Smack the Pony
The [name_f]Crimson[/name_f] [name_m]Field[/name_m] (even though it’s /only/ a mini-series)
The Hour
The IT Crowd
The White [name_f]Queen[/name_f] (only for my girl [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] B though)
Veep
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]
X-Files

I was also a dedicated [name_u]Grey[/name_u]'s Anatomy and ER watcher back in the day.

[name_m]New[/name_m] Girl, Modern Family, [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Daddy, Scorpion, [name_u]Penny[/name_u] Dreadful, Masters of Sex, The Mentalist, Castle, House and [name_m]Bates[/name_m] Motel are the best!
I also forgot to add [name_m]How[/name_m] to get away with murder with the stunning and amazing [name_f]Viola[/name_f] [name_m]Davis[/name_m].

So many! [name_m]Doctor[/name_m] Who and [name_m]Sherlock[/name_m] especially plus loads more BBC dramas: [name_f]Atlantis[/name_f], The Musketeers, Call the Midwife. Also comedy/satire stuff The Simpsons, QI, [name_u]Red[/name_u] Dwarf, Mock the Week, Have I Got News For You, and probably loads more I can’t think of.