Whats your name and how did you get it?

I’m a [name]Destiny[/name], and my middle names are [name]Ann[/name] and [name]Jenifer[/name].

I actually like my name. It just bugs me when people say that they are sorry for me, because my name has worked for me for my whole life. People also connect it to [name]Miley[/name] [name]Cyrus[/name](whos real name is destiny), and they laugh at it. But, really, there are other people named [name]Destiny[/name] and even [name]Miley[/name] that arent bad like her. My mom chose [name]Destiny[/name] for me because she has always liked it even when she was like eight, so thats really special for me.

I hate [name]Ann[/name]. its too dowdy and popular. My dad chose this one, and NOT because it was popular. He chose it because he thought it was prettier. It was originally going to be spelled [name]Anne[/name], but my mom decided to spell it differently. I dont really believe thats fair because my dad chose that spelling and it was basically the only input he had on my name, but what do you do?

I like [name]Jenifer[/name]. My mom spelled it with 1 ‘n’. She liked it, but she belived that it wasnt really usable anymore, so she used it as a middle name.
Her list of names in order that she liked were:

1. [name]Destiny[/name]
  2. [name]Jenifer[/name]
  3. [name]Venessa[/name] nn Venny
    4.[name]Briette[/name]
  4. [name]Bethany[/name]

There were more, but these were her top five. I quite like Venny, its cute :smiley: . I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Briette[/name] and I like [name]Bethany[/name]. What is your name and how did you get, and what do you think of my name?

My name is [name]Bree[/name] [name]Eryn[/name]. I really like my name although I’m not in love with the spelling of my middle name. I’m just glad they didn’t name me [name]Bree[/name] [name]Marie[/name] which was my grandmother’s suggestion! They just found it in a name book although there is a little battle between my grandmother and my father over who named me; my mom just says it was her when they aren’t listening. Other names they were considering were [name]Emily[/name] and [name]Skye[/name] and if I had been a boy I would have been named [name]River[/name].

I’m not keen on your first name really but your middle names are nice and I’m glad you like it!

I actually like [name]Destiny[/name], and [name]Ann[/name] is really popular but I think its cute. I like [name]Jennifer[/name], not [name]Jenifer[/name] though, but i think its ok.

My name is [name]Abigail[/name]/[name]Abbey[/name] [name]Sarah[/name].
Overall, I think my name is alright. I like [name]Sarah[/name] the best, though.

[name]Abbey[/name]: I dont really like it. I wish I had another nickname like [name]Gail[/name] or Gailey, those nicknames are much nicer. [name]Abbey[/name] doesnt really suit me very well. I see [name]Abbey[/name] on a young girly girl, especially this spelling. But, I guess it’s just tradition that every [name]Abigail[/name] goes by [name]Abbey[/name](or whichever way their parents choose to spell it). My name was originally supposed to be just [name]Abbey[/name], but my parents later decided I needed a more formal name. Also, everyone spells it wrong it seems. I mean, my best friends still spell it [name]Abbie[/name] and [name]Abi[/name]! [name]Even[/name] my teacher sometimes messes up and by accident spells it [name]Abby[/name].
[name]Abigail[/name]: I think it’s pretty. I really like it. It doesnt really seem fair because i have a cousin with the name and she just goes by [name]Abigail[/name], and she loves the name [name]Abbey[/name] so why cant she go by that and I go by just [name]Abigail[/name]? It just seems weird.
[name]Sarah[/name]: Prettier than ever! [name]Sarah[/name] is so cute, its just the popularity thats keeping me off of it.

1. Get your fact ready, she isnt [name]Destiny[/name] [name]Hope[/name] anymore. She changed it legally to [name]Miley[/name] [name]Ray[/name].
  2. [name]Miley[/name] isnt bad! Shes awesome. She’s a teen, let her have a life instead of giving her the ‘bad’ status :s :x

My name is [name]Jay[/name]. My parents wanted to name me [name]Jason[/name] (yeah, I was born in the 70s lol) but then they realized that A) the name was getting too popular and B) our last name was [name]Mason[/name], lol. They tell people they named me [name]Jay[/name] because I have blue eyes that look “like a blue jay.” I’ve always hated it though, because it’s so short and it rhymes with ‘gay.’ :expressionless: But I like my middle name - it’s [name]Zachary[/name] and it’s also my dad’s middle name.

My name is [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Leah[/name].

My mother loved [name]Mary[/name] for years, but her first two children were boys. A while before I was born her friend had a daughter and named her [name]Mary[/name] so my mother didn’t wanted to name me that too, so she came up with [name]Rosemary[/name]. My father wanted my middle name to be biblical and my mother gave him a list of names and he liked [name]Leah[/name] the most, so [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Leah[/name] it was.

I like both of my names, but I don’t care about the combo. I love that I can go by both [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Mary[/name]. :slight_smile:

My name is [name]Amy[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]. My Mum called me [name]Amy[/name] for the character in [name]Louisa[/name] [name]May[/name] [name]Alcott[/name]'s novel, [name]Little[/name] Women. But… my Dad wanted me to be a doctor and he thought [name]Amy[/name] was insubstantial, so he gave my [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name] after his mother and grandmother. I got a lot of crap at school when the other kids found out my middle names! But, meh, I wouldn’t change it :smiley:

My name is [name]Jade[/name] [name]Diana[/name] [name]Anthony[/name].

My mom named me [name]Jade[/name] last minute. She saw [name]Jade[/name] [name]Jagger[/name] ([name]Mick[/name] [name]Jagger[/name]'s daughter) in a magazine a few weeks before my birth and decided to go with it.

My first middle name is after my mother.

My second middle name is [name]Anthony[/name]. I was born on my uncle’s birthday, his name is [name]Dana[/name] [name]Peter[/name] [name]Anthony[/name], so to honor him my parents gave me my second middle name.

My name is [name]Mary[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name], after both of my grandmothers–but there’s a catch: [name]Mary[/name] is not actually my grandmother’s name (it’s [name]Kathleen[/name]), it’s kind of a family joke. She doesn’t have a middle name, but when she went to school she realized all the other kids had two names, and told the teacher her name was [name]Mary[/name] [name]Kathleen[/name]. Her mother set the record straight, but ‘[name]Mary[/name]’ has persisted enough that my parents went with it, maybe because neither ‘[name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Kathleen[/name]’ nor ‘[name]Kathleen[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name]’ flow, I’ve never asked. When I was a kid I thought ‘[name]Evelyn[/name]’ was a super weird name, but as I’ve gotten older it’s grown on me, and now it’s popular. Go figure.

I got super-lucky. If I’d been a boy my father was pushing for [name]Joe[/name] (just [name]Joe[/name]) [name]William[/name], because he wanted to call me [name]Joe[/name] [name]Willie[/name] (apparently this is something [name]Joe[/name] Namath was sometimes called, but that makes it no less trashy), and my mother was retaliating by threatening to name me Greenberry, which is totally off-the-wall but it is a family name, and still better than [name]Joe[/name] [name]Willie[/name]!

My name is [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Joann[/name].
I was named [name]Sarah[/name] because my mom loved the name (I hated it because it was so popular!) and I was named [name]Joann[/name] because my mother wanted [name]Joanne[/name] and my father was convinced that [name]Joan[/name] was pronounced like [name]Joanne[/name] but looked ‘cooler’ so they both gave in and I was [name]Joann[/name]… which was annoying because everyone thought I didn’t know how to spell my name!

I also had a twin brother and his name was [name]Scott[/name] [name]Andrew[/name]. [name]Sarah[/name] and [name]Scotty[/name]… not so cool!

My name is [name]Dayton[/name] [name]Kennedy[/name] :smiley:

I use to hate my middle name but now I love it (even though I [name]DO[/name] NOT like the meaning).

My grandma came up with the name [name]Dayton[/name] and it stuck. [name]Kennedy[/name] is after I think a football player and My grandfather([name]Kenneth[/name]). I kinda like when people ask me to spell it lolz it makes me feel like it is unique.

My first name is [name]Jessica[/name], my middle name is [name]Jane[/name].

Years before I was even born, my parents picked out my first name. So naturally once I was born, [name]Jessica[/name] became my first name. [name]Jane[/name] is my maternal grandmother’s name.

I used to really dislike [name]Jessica[/name], but I think it suits me quite well and I kind of like it now. I probably would much prefer [name]Jana[/name] as my first name, but that wasn’t the plan.

My name is [name]Lily[/name] [name]Marie[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] :slight_smile:
My mum liked [name]Lily[/name] for its femininity and rarity ( not in the top 50 when I was born), and my middle names were after my mums sister and my grandmother on my fathers side.
Some other names my mum was considering
1 [name]Molly[/name]- Like it but I would rather be [name]Lily[/name]
2 [name]Dorothy[/name]- A bit old fashioned but I like [name]Dotty[/name]
3 [name]Tuesday[/name]- Cute but Im glad she didnt name me this!
4 [name]Alice[/name]
5 [name]Kizzy[/name]- This was the main characters name in a book my mum loved as a child called The Diddakoi, about a gypsy girl called [name]Kizzy[/name]. Im not a fan of the name!