What's your opinion on Cheyenne?

I would never use it personally because of the sorrowful history with the [name_u]Cheyenne[/name_u] tribe but I’m curious to see what other people think. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you agree it’s a definite no?

I’m [name_f]British[/name_f] so I don’t feel like it’s my place to have an opinion really, but my instinct is that it should be a no go

1 Like

I can’t comment on the name really, the only thing I can say is that I read it wrong twice (Cayenne ) :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m not American, so my view on it is probably different. Personally, I’d feel uncomfortable using it, but it’s not one of those names I find inappropriate when I hear them on someone else (like [name_u]Cohen[/name_u], for example).

I remember [name_u]Cheyenne[/name_u] was inexplicably popular for a little while in my area. I think it was in the early 2000s. No idea where it came from, and it feels pretty dated now.

1 Like

Ditto all this, except I’m American.

I wouldn’t use it, but I do appreciate it in theory. It sounds and looks very pretty to me. I had a classmate named [name_u]Cheyenne[/name_u] and because of her, the name has a cowboy feel to me (she did rodeo and 4H stuff)

1 Like

Did we know the same girl? :rofl:

I wouldn’t use Cheyenne myself either (I’m American). I’m not keen on the look or the sound of it really, even aside from the associations—which are indeed strong. I like the similar Anne very much! Perhaps Shai, Shyla, Lianne, or Diane are nice alternatives.

2 Likes

As someone whose sister has this name, I still feel like it’s a big no.

I like the name, because of bias obviously, but I would also spell it [name_f]Shyanne[/name_f] or go with Shyanna instead just. I think sound-wise its a great name, it definitely had its hayday in the early aughties, but it’s still soft and cute. I know a ton of girls with the name, though most have alternate spellings like [name_f]Shyanne[/name_f], Shiann, [name_f]Chyanne[/name_f], ect.

1 Like

If you want to avoid the name because of the history, but enjoy the sound, there’s always [name_f]Cayenne[/name_f]? It’s very spicy but honestly pretty cool imo. [name_u]Brave[/name_u] for sure, but.

1 Like

I love the sound but yeah, definitely a no.

1 Like