When are YOU due???

[name]Hi[/name] everyone!

I am due with our first child, a girl, [name]December[/name] 21 and have been on Nameberry since just before we conceived in [name]March[/name] so I have had lots of time (and help!) To narrow it down. I am not around as much anymore though since I am not debating the name as much now thanks to everyone here!

Our top two names are:
[name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Marie[/name] “[name]Andie[/name]” which has family connections for both my husband and me.

And

[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Marie[/name] ([name]Lou[/name]-sha, possibly nn “[name]Lucy[/name]”) which has some very special meaning to us as [name]St[/name]. [name]Lucia[/name] is the patron saint of the blind (DH’s brother is losing his vision and we’re active with the foundation fighting blindness) and she is celebrated with a festival in scandinavia (I am Swedish and Danish) on [name]December[/name] 13th which used to be believed to be the [name]Winter[/name] solstice (but I am due the 21st which is the actual solstice) so that one really seems to fit us. It also sounds very nice with our eastern european last name.

I think we will wait to decide for sure until we meet her, but [name]Lucia[/name] is my front runner right now!

LOL! YES! Me too, me too! :slight_smile:

Hubby and I are thinking we’ll try in 3-ish years. Planning on selling our house, moving, and getting a new job…so we’ll wait until all of that happens :slight_smile:

We are “due” Nov 16th with our 9th child. We adopt our children and this one is a girl. We will have 3 girls and 6 boys!

We are due with our second girl on [name]January[/name] 4th. [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Rose[/name] will join her big sister [name]Stella[/name] [name]June[/name]!

[name]Susan[/name]: Of course I remember, you are one of the [name]Veronica[/name] enthusiasts on this board! If you were due with a girl, would you definitely use it?

You have me thinking about [name]Ruby[/name], it sounds cute and I initially wanted to go with a shorter mn, but I consider it to be very hip, and I don’t know if it’s my style. I kind of want to find something even more feminine, or with a more personal meaning.

Dotsmom: People have asked me about the Irish names! But my husband is Filipino, so I’ve really been trying to find a name with a special meaning in Tagalog, something that would honor his culture, or be more reflective of our child’s background. It’s really hard! Most of the names are too long or don’t flow well with our first name choices and last name. I’ve been looking at more Spanish names, since our last name is actually Spanish, as are the names of many Filipinos.

punkprincessphd: supposedly the rule (law?) in b.c. about not revealing the baby’s gender stems from the number of chinese or east indian people who aborted at 18 weeks if the ultrasounds revealed girls. which seems silly, considering they could just pay extra and go to a private clinic to find out gender anyway.

That’s a really good idea, thank you :slight_smile:

Grandchild #5 will be arriving about 4th [name]April[/name].

I ABSOLUTELY love that you’re going to name your child [name]Veronica[/name] if it’s a girl…mainly because it’s my name also. I haven’t seen many young Veronicas. Not younger than me that is…I’m in my early 20’s. But I get tons of compliments on my name. People tell me how strong it is, how beautiful it is, and how unheard of it is. I love it. Only ONCE have I had another [name]Veronica[/name] in my class. I have no middle name and when I think about it, it is sort of hard. But I hope you find a beautiful middle name and hope you have a healthy child =]

This baby is our 4th and is due in early Feb. She’ll probably be [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Leah[/name], though possibly [name]Leah[/name] [name]Hazel[/name].

[name]Just[/name] curious why they won’t reveal the sex if you are having an u/s anyway and they can clearly see it?

Sorry! I didn’t read enough comments before I asked my question. I just can’t imagine someone making that decision based on sex, but I won’t get into that.

We are due at the beginning of February with baby #5. [name]Faith[/name] would have been 6 last month (she passed away shortly after birth), [name]Karson[/name] [name]Campbell[/name] will turn 5 on Halloween, [name]Everett[/name] [name]Warren[/name] just turned 3 last week and [name]Hadlee[/name] [name]Jai[/name] is 15m. We are at a total loss for a name for this boy. Nothing seems to be clicking for us.