When did you join NB?

I’m not quite sure when NB started, so I went to 2002.

Does anyone know who the oldest active berry is? (other than the creators)

• before 2002

0 voters

1 Like

It started in 2008. I’m pretty sure @jessicajanex17 is up there in terms of the longest serving [name_u]Berry[/name_u]!

10 Likes

@name_sage’s profile says they’ve been here since the site was launched :grin:

I joined in early 2019!

4 Likes

I have to look it up every time. I know I visited the site for over a year before signing up though!

4 Likes

I joined the first time in 2012, but I made this account in 2014/2015. I’ve been “on” Nameberry since the end of 2009 though (in terms of lurking/reading the blogs).

2 Likes

I joined not long after the site first launched in 2008.

8 Likes

Officially in '17, but I was around “lurking” long before that! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

2012, though I lurked on the site for maybe a year before I joined.

Took a bit of a break last year.
Sooo many new faces, so I’m not surprised to see so many (currently) selected only a year or two ago.

2 Likes

I joined officially in 2018, but I had been using the site features and reading the blog for a good four years before that and lurking on the forums at least a year before deciding I wanted to join in.

It feels like I’ve been around forever, though! :blush:

2 Likes

It’ll be 12 years in [name_u]August[/name_u]. I joined on [name_u]August[/name_u] 9, 2009 and it’s insane to believe it’s been that long!

6 Likes

2010 for me, when I was 13 :open_mouth:I think I actually discovered the site late in 2009. I haven’t always been active on the forums and sometimes I do take breaks from the site but I always end up coming back to it like an old friend :blush:

3 Likes

I think that a lot of people probably also joined in quarantine as something to do. [name_u]Or[/name_u] that’s at least what I did. :blush:

2 Likes

I joined with this account in 2020 but I originally had an account that I think I joined with in 2017 (deleted it because I’d used a very Google-able username and it’s impossible to change usernames) but I wasn’t an active user at all until 2020.

2 Likes

I joined back in 2018, but I’d been lurking for years. [name_m]Even[/name_m] after I joined, it took me a while to get comfortable replying to threads.

1 Like

I’ve had an account here since [name_u]February[/name_u] 2011 so this is my tenth year. I think I lurked a little bit before I made the account, so maybe I even started coming late 2010?

1 Like

I joined [name_u]October[/name_u] of 2014, so a little after [name_f]Noemi[/name_f] was born. She just turned 7 yesterday! I go through periods of being active on here and then not coming on for awhile because life is too busy.

2013, pretty active for most of those years, though I did take a break in 2019 as I was busy with uni :slight_smile:

Yep! It’s true! I’ve come and gone under a few different user names. I was obsessed with Beyond Jennifer and Jason when I was young (and then Beyond Ava and Aiden eventually). I was a big fan of Pam and Linda.

Was anyone else around in those days? I’m wondering if they remember some particular users. There weren’t very many then. I especially remember a lady who had twin boys in their 20s and one was named Leo and I can’t remember the other one and she had a 4 year old named Josephine. Everyone loved her and her names seemed very ahead of their time then. There was also a very active user who passed away during that time. And there were some wonderful tributes made to her. Ah, time flies.

It’s a lot different these days. Lately I’m feeling too old to keep up!

In '08 my username was chrbaker. I was probably most active under namesage (not name_sage) which btw was before the Name Sage was ever a thing! Lol

5 Likes

I had to go find some of my '08 posts. Her username was [name_f]Lola[/name_f] and the other twin’s name was [name_m]Simon[/name_m].

2 Likes

Officially joined Dec ‘19. Been lurking the forums long before that.
One of my faves components was the namehunter name generator still waiting to come back to this updated site.

1 Like