When I say masculine names, you say...

I’m writing a book that takes place in the future, where women are subservient to men (and the main character rebels, of course) and I need patterns for male and female names. I figured properly feminine names are ones that end in a, but I can’t figure out male pattern names. I’m thinking names that end in n and m, but I don’t think there’s enough.

@jlm: I’ve already done that the last name thing is that men don’t have last names, and women have their first name and father’s first name as their last name until they get married, when they just go by Mrs. [Husband’s Name Here]. Interesting idea, though.

My final question: Can you give me masculine-sounding names, or a pattern for masculine-sounding names?

Names that are uber masculine to me are:

[name]Walter[/name]
[name]Richard[/name]
[name]Phillip[/name]
[name]Alfred[/name]
[name]Harvey[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]

[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Carter[/name]
[name]Deacon[/name]
[name]Kent[/name]
[name]Xander[/name]

Maybe if all the women’s names are going to end in a, you should make all the men’s names end in o.

If you want to take it a step further, you could write it into your plot that when a woman marries a man, she not only takes his last name, her first name actually becomes his first name with an a (or ia) instead of an o.

So [name]Anna[/name] marries [name]Orlando[/name] and becomes [name]Orlanda[/name].

Others:
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Ernesto[/name]
[name]Matteo[/name]
Sylvestro
[name]Cecilio[/name]
[name]Armando[/name]
[name]Antonio[/name]