When it comes to having twins? How do you name them?

In a perfect world I’d get my two identical twin boys even though I do not have the gene for it…

But when thinking about the rare possibility I have to ask people who have or going to have twins?

[name]Do[/name] you use matchy names because you’re the lucky one of twins? Or do you use completely different ones?

Personally…I like matchy…So moms and moms to be tell me what your thinking about!

I personally like these combos for boys: [name]River[/name] and [name]Ryder[/name]----[name]Maddox[/name] and [name]Phoenix[/name]

I have b/g twins so they are fraternal. But I don’t like matchy names for twins. Mine are named [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Iris[/name]. If I had twin girls they would have been [name]Iris[/name] & [name]Sofia[/name] or [name]Iris[/name] & [name]Olive[/name]. And If I had twin boys they would have been [name]Oliver[/name] & [name]Silas[/name].

My mom loves matchy names for twins. She had 3 sets of twins, 2 sets of identical and 1 set of fraternal. She named them [name]Zaiden[/name] & [name]Zavier[/name], [name]Blaire[/name] & [name]Blaise[/name] and [name]Sienna[/name] & [name]Sierra[/name].

I don’t like [name]River[/name] & [name]Ryder[/name] for twins. In my opinion they are just to similar what about [name]River[/name] & [name]Reid[/name] or [name]Ryder[/name] & [name]Reece[/name]. That way you have 2 names with the same letter that arent matchy but are similar. Or [name]River[/name] & [name]Brooks[/name] both water names.

I like [name]Maddox[/name] and [name]Phoenix[/name] though. They have the same ending but arent matchy. My twins middle names are [name]Luca[/name] & [name]Lucia[/name]. They look matchy but they are pronounced totally different.

[name]Hi[/name] while I do not have twin I am like you I want twin boys (we have a few twins sprinkled about in my family but it’s unlikely I will have them :frowning: ) I like matchy styles and some matchy sounding names. I also like when they start with the same letter.

I love your combos even though [name]River[/name] and [name]Ryder[/name] are very matchy. My combo’s are:

[name]Cassius[/name] & [name]Cairo[/name]
[name]Aloysius[/name] & Archimedes
[name]Demetrius[/name] & [name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Rio[/name] & [name]Rune[/name]
[name]Onyx[/name] & [name]Paladin[/name]
[name]Callahan[/name] & [name]Guthrie[/name] or [name]Lysander[/name]
[name]Hart[/name] & [name]Kellan[/name]

Krazya, Identical twins are NOT genetic, so if you had like 20 identical twin cousins 'd be coincidental (spelling?) Fraternal twins do run in the family, but only if its on then womans side.

So maybe you will be lucky!

I myself also want twins (or maybe even triplets! I had a dream of heaving identical triplet girls a few days ago).
Id love to have identical boys or girls!

I like some matchy names (when I was 10 I wanted twin girls named [name]Gabrielle[/name] and [name]Danielle[/name] so yeah)
I do like [name]Ryder[/name] and [name]River[/name]. Id be cute if they where identical but also very confusing!

My sets:
boys:
[name]Jason[/name] and [name]Kristopher[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name] and [name]Aidan[/name]
[name]Aidan[/name] and [name]Dylan[/name]

girls:
[name]Finley[/name] and [name]Riley[/name]
[name]Finley[/name] and [name]Aidan[/name]
[name]Finley[/name] and [name]Dylan[/name]
[name]Finley[/name] and [name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Aidan[/name] and [name]Dylan[/name]

I definitely don’t like matchy twin names. I feel so bad for twins- they have to share SO much already, I wouldn’t want to give them names like [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Shane[/name] or [name]Tara[/name] and [name]Tiara[/name]. I’d try to keep them in the same general style and popularity rank so one doesn’t feel they got the “better” name, but I’d definitely want to keep the sounds very different, and nothing theme-y like [name]London[/name] and [name]Paris[/name]. For example, I’d do something like:
[name]Elizabeth[/name] & [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Elena[/name] & [name]Sofia[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name] & [name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Luca[/name] & [name]Matteo[/name]
[name]Callum[/name] & [name]Lily[/name]
[name]Tadhg[/name] & [name]Sinead[/name]

My advice for twins - either identical or fraternal is the following: Give them two distinct names starting with different letters (there are instances that same letters can be paired well but then there are always exceptions to every rule) but make sure that the names are from the same style or with the same image. Each child is a unique individual so please name them accordingly. I just can’t see naming twins [name]Maddox[/name] and [name]Phoenix[/name] or [name]River[/name] and [name]Ryder[/name] (too matchy and cutesy). Some of the previous posters had very good examples.
[name]Samuel[/name] and [name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Finley[/name] and [name]Rowan[/name]

I think naming twins should be the same as naming any other two siblings, just you pick the names at the same time! I would pick two names that sound great as brothers- similar in style, but not too matchy.

My absolute favorite twin names (all girls) are…

[name]Avery[/name] and [name]Reese[/name]

[name]Lyla[/name] [name]Kathleen[/name] & [name]Elyse[/name] [name]Tara[/name]

[name]Harper[/name] [name]Grace[/name] & [name]Reese[/name] [name]Ella[/name]

[name]Hi[/name]!

I’m not a mother of twins or a mom-to-be, but I am an identical twin, so I thought I’d throw in my two cents for what it’s worth! I think, of the posters, I agree most with [name]Yvette[/name] - for twins, pick names like you’d pick 'em for siblings, but just choose two at a time. Now, there are subtle twin connections - names with the same meaning, names that link literary ties, or names in the same family (e.g., surname names), for example - that I think are more than okay, but I wouldn’t recommend names that look too much alike, sound too much alike, or even start with the same letter, unless all of your children would have names starting with said letter.

So, for example, it might be nice to give twins names with the same meaning, such as [name]Adora[/name] and [name]Esme[/name], which pretty much both mean “beloved.” Or, if your twins were born in [name]June[/name], you could use [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name], two old-fashioned feminine names that just happen to be the [name]June[/name] birth flower and birthstone, respectively. Or, maybe if you’re a bit literature buff, you might want to use two literary character names, like [name]Celia[/name] and [name]Miranda[/name] from [name]Shakespeare[/name].

What I wouldn’t recommend? First off, rhyming names - it should be a no-no for any siblings, especially twins, in my opinion. Now, my family has a history of terrible twin names - my great grandmother, [name]Esther[/name], had a twin brother named [name]Lester[/name], and my mother had cousins named [name]Larry[/name] and [name]Garry[/name], twin boys, of course. I think [name]Larry[/name] and [name]Garry[/name]'s parents had a thing for names that sound similar, as [name]Larry[/name] and [name]Garry[/name] had singleton siblings called [name]John[/name] and [name]Jane[/name], which is basically the same name in male and female form. Wow! So, when it came time to name my sister and I, my mom did not heed the advice of her own mother, who wanted to name me [name]Cara[/name], a twin to my sister, [name]Sarah[/name]. Thanks for not doing that, mom!

That being said, I wouldn’t use [name]Ryder[/name] and [name]River[/name] for twins, and I probably wouldn’t even use [name]Phoenix[/name] and [name]Maddox[/name], unless you wanted to start a -x trend like the [name]Jolie[/name]-[name]Pitt[/name] family! I do think that [name]Ryder[/name] and [name]Maddox[/name] would work well together, though they are both celebrity baby names ([name]Ryder[/name] [name]Robinson[/name], [name]Kate[/name] [name]Hudson[/name]'s son, and [name]Maddox[/name] [name]Jolie[/name]-[name]Pitt[/name], [name]Brad[/name] and [name]Angelina[/name]'s son). I guess [name]River[/name] and [name]Phoenix[/name] would be pretty nice together, as they both have that natural vibe going on - come to think of it, those are both celebrity names, too, with [name]River[/name] being [name]Keri[/name] [name]Russell[/name]'s son and [name]Phoenix[/name] being [name]Joaquin[/name] [name]Phoenix[/name]'s last name. [name]Just[/name] something I noticed! They are fun names, though!

If we’re asking what I’d name twins right now, well, I don’t know that I could say for sure. I’d say [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Nathaniel[/name] for boys, definitely, but girls could be [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Alice[/name], [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name], or [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name] - all in the same style, but definitely distinct in look and sound.

Good luck to all you wanting twins!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

by krazya_808 ” Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:53 pm

In a perfect world I’d get my two identical twin boys even though I do not have the gene for it…

There is no known genetic predisposition for identical/monozygotic twinning (or higher order of multiples). Dizygotic/trizygotic/etc. multiples are known to be genetic through the mother (as she is the one releasing the eggs).

I would just use my top names. I highly doubt that coordinating the names would even come in to play, beyond making it relatively ‘fair’ (no [name]Seraphina[/name] for one and [name]Edna[/name] for the other), but that is a general rule for siblings anyhow.

Well I see the points in the posts…my mother is an identical twin. Her name is [name]Kathleen[/name] and my aunt is [name]Kathryn[/name]…but have always gone by [name]Kitty[/name] and [name]Kathy[/name]…

For the record say I got my twins…it’d be the last two I’d have because I only wish to have two. But first shot twins…is kind hard to do I think :slight_smile:

Another identical twin duo I know are [name]Andy[/name] and [name]Alex[/name], which started as their middles names and their first being [name]William[/name] and [name]Tyler[/name]…well [name]Andy[/name] and [name]Alex[/name] they became…they don’t mind the match and they’re males.

Another name I kinda feel interested in is [name]Hemingway[/name]…problem is I don’t see any cutesy nicknames out of…Hemi? sounds bad I think any suggestions?

If I had twins, I’d name them not matching! They will already be so similar to everyone else, the names shouldn’t be confusing too!

I know two sets of B/B twins whose names I love: [name]Evan[/name] and [name]James[/name], and [name]James[/name] and [name]William[/name]! I’d go for:

B/B: [name]Leo[/name] and [name]Henry[/name]
G/B: [name]Leo[/name] and [name]Mary[/name]
G/G: [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Vera[/name]

:slight_smile:

I do not like matchy-matchy names, but I do like complimentary names, like same first letter, end the same, or theme names.
My friend has identical twin girls, [name]Daisy[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Gene[/name].
I know twins whose names don’t go together at all
Girl- Girl: [name]Ashley[/name] and [name]Garrett[/name]
Girl- Girl: [name]Summer[/name] and [name]Marilyn[/name]
worst twin names are rhyming names
[name]Sherry[/name] and [name]Kerry[/name]
[name]Floyd[/name] and [name]Lloyd[/name] - my grandpa was [name]Lloyd[/name]
[name]Robert[/name] and [name]Roberta[/name]- my grandma was [name]Roberta[/name]

Twins do run in my family so if I had twins I would name them:
Boy-Boy
[name]Ezekiel[/name] and [name]Jedidiah[/name] with nn [name]Zeke[/name] and [name]Jed[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] and [name]Roderick[/name] with nn [name]Hank[/name] and [name]Rod[/name]

Girl-Girl
[name]Becka[/name] and [name]Clara[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name] and [name]Sylvia[/name]

Boy Girl
[name]Henry[/name] and [name]Clara[/name]
[name]Roderick[/name] and [name]Rebecka[/name]
[name]Ezekiel[/name] and [name]Rebecka[/name]