When the name you fall in love with is not one you expected to like!

We’ve had a really hard time finding the perfect name for our fourth baby, we’ve been backwards and forwards and nothing seemed quite right. Any name one of us loved, the other didn’t etc. I thought I wanted unusual and feminine and had narrowed my favourites down to [name]Ottilie[/name], [name]Primrose[/name] & [name]Isadora[/name], my husband hated them all.

There’s a quote from Mad Men where [name]Don[/name] says something like “think really, really hard about it and then let it go, forget all about it, then it’ll come to you”, and that’s what happened!

I’ve fallen in love with the name [name]Elizabeth[/name]. It’s way more common than I had thought I’d choose (#53 in the UK where we are, so not as common as the US) but it’s so strong sounding with an awesome meaning and it has such fabulous nickname potential!

Her middle name will be [name]Sarah[/name] I think in honour of my nanny who passed away last year.

Our other children are

[name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Ray[/name]

What do you think? Does [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Sarah[/name] fit?

I think I got so hung up on coming up with something creative that I missed lots of beautiful names!

[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Sarah[/name] definitely “fits in” with a family of [name]Madeleine[/name], [name]Gabriel[/name] and [name]Nathaniel[/name]. All of these names are classic and Biblical so they make a wonderful sibling team. The timeless beauty of [name]Elizabeth[/name] has an added bonus of nickname options like [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Elsa[/name]/[name]Elsie[/name], [name]Betsy[/name], [name]Betty[/name], [name]Beth[/name], [name]Lizzie[/name], [name]Libby[/name], [name]Babette[/name] etc…[name]Sarah[/name] has personal meaning for you so I would encourage you to choose it.

I think [name]Elizabeth[/name] fits very well with the rest of your children’s names!
It is such a classic and has such great history and meaning behind it!

I love [name]Elizabeth[/name]!

You have chosen very well! [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Sarah[/name] is a lovely name that any girl could wear well and love to have. I had never considered [name]Sarah[/name] as a middle for [name]Elizabeth[/name] until now, but I quite like it.

As you have found to be true, I too think it’s easy to overlook beautiful, fabulous names because they don’t feel creative. While I, too, like creative and less common names, I will likely name my real children more popular names. My SO and I both are thinking [name]Elizabeth[/name] for our (one day) future daughter.

[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Sarah[/name] is lovely with [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Gabriel[/name] [name]James[/name], and [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Ray[/name]. A very nicely named sibset of classic names.

[name]Elizabeth[/name] is in the running if this one’s a girl for us, too. [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Sarah[/name] fits perfectly with her older brothers and sister.

[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Sarah[/name] is classic and stunning - a great choice!

Thank you for the lovely feedback :slight_smile: I’m excited to have finally settled on a name for our new girl!

It totally fits. It’s lovely and classic, with plenty of excellent nickname possibilities. Great choice!

[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Sarah[/name] is a lovely choice. As other posters have said, [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Sarah[/name] is timeless and rich with nickname options that your daughter can use to make the name her own. Her name will suit her at every phase of her life.

It is simple and classic, just like your other children’s names, while also being beautiful sounding (and meaning). Good luck and congratulations at having found the perfect name!

[name]Moses[/name]. I remember hearing it when I was little and before I was into names and just thinking it was weird, but now I absolutely love it. It’s one of my favorite names.