When you hear the name Willa..

What do you think??

This name has recently caught my attention. I don’t even know why. It is simple and cute. I just don’t know longterm wise if I can see a 25 year old [name]Willa[/name].

Anyone use this name or know anyone with this name?

Please give me your feedback… :wink:

I can certainly see a 25 yr old [name]WIlla[/name]. I think that it doesn’t have a huge cutesy factor to it and that will help it age more gracefully, if you will. I really like this and [name]Willow[/name]. They’re very beautiful names.

I think [name]Willa[/name]'s beautiful, and I definitely think it would age well, better than [name]Willow[/name]. Might I turn your attention to the gorgeous actress [name]Willa[/name] [name]Holland[/name]? Pretty sure she is in her early 20s and her name still suits her just fine.

I [name]LOVE[/name] this name. In fact, I would totally use it if I could come up with a longer, formal name with this as a nickname.

I think it has a very classic sound to it.

Have you considered [name]Wilhelmina[/name] (alternative spelling [name]Willamina[/name]) or [name]Wilfreda[/name]?

Oh, I do like those ideas! [name]Willa[/name] just doesn’t stand on its own with our last name, but a longer version would be perfect.

Any other options, please, send them my way! [name]Willa[/name] is awesome!

My only association is [name]Willa[/name] [name]Jean[/name] in the [name]Ramona[/name] books - a toddler who always seemed to be covered in crumbs, if I remember correctly. I second the idea of using it as a nickname for a longer name.

The [name]Willa[/name] in the cartoon that is somewhat popular now. I can’t remember the name of the carton but it’s a girl who has a zoo in her backyard.

I can see a 25 year old [name]Willa[/name] better than anything else, possibly because of the singer [name]Willa[/name] [name]Ford[/name]. The name is youthful, not childish. But I think it will age well, too, possibly because of the author [name]Willa[/name] Cather. But I also love [name]Wilhelmina[/name], which could have the nn [name]Mina[/name] as well.

When I hear the name [name]Willa[/name], I think of the author [name]Willa[/name] Cather. Popular in the early part of the last century, she wrote a number of books, one of them being “My [name]Antonia[/name].” I think it’s a lovely name, both graceful and strong, and I don’t think of it as a nickname. [name]Meryl[/name] Streep has a daughter named [name]Mary[/name] [name]Willa[/name]. I think they use both names, but I’m not sure.

I love [name]Willa[/name]. It is in my top two girls faves and has been for a while now. I also think it will age just fine.

My little girl is named [name]Willow[/name]. We never really considered [name]Willa[/name], but that’s probably because [name]Willow[/name] caught me immediately and I thought of the beautiful, tall, and graceful willow tree. I do love the name [name]Willa[/name], and I picture her to be strong-willed and outspoken in a very good way! I know of a [name]Willow[/name] in her mid/late 30’s, and the name suits her perfectly, so I think [name]Willa[/name] can work for an adult just as well.

I think of the great writer [name]Willa[/name] Cather.
The name evokes a sense of intelligence & and It feels more classic and elegant to me than [name]Willow[/name].

I think of a combination of soft and strong. Modern and vintage.
I am a fan - my 2 month old daughter is [name]Willa[/name] [name]Kathleen[/name].
A few people have mentioned the [name]Willa[/name] Cather connection to the name when they ask me her name - which I think is a good connotation to the name.
I have noticed people repeating back [name]Willow[/name] when I tell them her name - I guess now that it is a celebrity name (singer [name]Pink[/name]'s daughter) people seem to be more familiar with [name]Willow[/name] than [name]Willa[/name]. I have to say “no, its [name]Willa[/name]”.