Where did Aven come from?

I have seen the name Aven popping up on Nameberry a couple of times. Where did it come from?
Is it a good alternative for [name]Ava[/name]/[name]Avalon[/name]/[name]Haven[/name]/[name]Raven[/name] or just too made up?

Not sure where it came from? One of my friends just named her little girl Aven and that’s the first time I heard it as a name for a child. Feels a little made up to me, but then again, I really like classic names…

All I can think of is that I could have been inspired by a place name like [name]Avalon[/name] ([name]Avallon[/name] in [name]France[/name]), There is a river in [name]Brittany[/name], [name]France[/name] called the Aven [name]River[/name]. There is also a river in [name]England[/name] called the [name]Avon[/name].

I would advise you to do a Google search for Aven before thinking it through further though so you know all the possible associations.

i always thought it was the anglicized version of [name]Aoibheann[/name]? is that not correct?

Actually, [name]Aoibheann[/name] is pronounced “EE-van” not “AY-ven” or Aven. The accepted anglicization is [name]Eavan[/name] (as in Boland). The “[name]Aoi[/name]” combination is said as a long E in Irish, while “Ea” is said s a long A.

An actor from Gossip Girl named his daughter that I think it is Old English (like a place name in English).
I personally [name]LOVE[/name] it. My fave celeb baby name (with [name]Clementine[/name]!)

Mountain Aven