Where did your username come from?

My username, Kidpix21, is inspired by when I was in elementary school and we could play the game “kidpix” in the computer lab. And then 21 is the number from the day I was born.

What about you all, if you’re comfortable sharing?

7 Likes

I was lurking on nameberry for a while before I made an account, and at that point in time my favourite girl names were [name_f]Emmie[/name_f]/Emilia and [name_f]Mavis[/name_f], so I combined the two into emmievis.

4 Likes

That’s really cool!

1 Like

I love the names [name_u]Harvest[/name_u] and [name_u]Endellion[/name_u] and how they sound together; they seem abundant and dazzling.

6 Likes

I agree! The imagery is really cool!

1 Like

A very random name, no meaning behind it. It was supposed to be one name ([name_f]Ethelmary[/name_f]), but I know it looks like two names ([name_f]Ethel[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]) :grin: Depends on your perspective!

7 Likes

I guess I’ve always seen it as [name_f]Ethelmary[/name_f] but it’s really clever!

1 Like

Mine’s absolutely boring. It’s the shortened form of my name and 85 is just a year that many of my favourite music albums were released. It was all I could come up with at the time lol

5 Likes

That’s a cool reason behind it I think, even if you think it’s boring :joy:

Mine basically just means what it says lol (hopefully, at least). I really don’t like it anymore & wish I could change it, but also it’s just … me on here and can’t imagine being called anything else :woman_shrugging:t2:

13 Likes

I think it’s a really hopeful name, but I agree about feeling very connected with the username

1 Like

I changed mine a few months after first joining. I was hesitant because I was quite active from the start so I lost around 1k posts, but now I’m really glad I did it relatively early! [name_f]My[/name_f] old username was just my initials plus some numbers, but I much prefer having a “name” username (natch :grin:)

I chose [name_f]Katinka[/name_f] because it’s a variant of one of my middle names, and has roots in several of my favourite languages that I’ve studied. Plus, I’ve just always loved the name!

15 Likes

Very cool! I always wondered where [name_f]Katinka[/name_f] came from.

1 Like

My username must have been chosen for some special meaning but I really can’t remember. :woman_shrugging:t2: I do really like moonstones, and I guess my username has nice imagery.

6 Likes

Mine is after a joke with my brother about cashews. “acajou” is just the [name_u]French[/name_u] word that I thought sounded prettier.

12 Likes

I love yours, @acajou! It’s such a fun word :hugs:

1 Like

Well, you’ve called out the nerd.
Mine is from the appendices and cut epilogue of The [name_m]Lord[/name_m] of the Rings. Not going to go into great detail, but basically [name_u]Sam[/name_u] names his first daughter [name_f]Elanor[/name_f] (after a flower he admired in Lórien), and nicknames her Elanorellë. I’ve always thought it was just so pretty, and it was the first thing I thought of when creating my username. :relaxed:

15 Likes

Mine was inspired by [name_m]Karl[/name_m] Lagerfeld’s pet cat, Choupette. It means “sweetie” in [name_u]French[/name_u], apparently. Karl Lagerfeld has since passed away so it feels a bit weird now.

5 Likes

My username is pretty boring! [name_m]Just[/name_m] my first name, middle name and then 8 for the month I was born in ([name_u]August[/name_u])!

3 Likes

Mine is just my name three times essentially. (elf are my initials) Apparently internet safety was not taught well enough because variants of this is all I’ve ever used.

5 Likes