Where Does Everyone Live?

I’ve seen posts from people living in Australia, [name_f]England[/name_f] and the U.S. I’ve been curious where everyone lives/calls home? You don’t have to give your address or town, but it’d be cool to know what area. I live in upstate [name_u]New[/name_u] [name_m]York[/name_m] (past [name_u]Albany[/name_u]- almost in [name_f]Canada[/name_f]). If you want, you could also add how you’ve been affected by this pandemic. Where I live, most of our customers are Canadians and with the American/Canadian border closed, a lot of small business are suffering.
So, where do ya’ll live?

Southeastern US!

1 Like

I’m British but I live in Turkey (95% of my life, actually). I won’t share which city I live in but a little clue - a big city, not İstanbul.

[name_f]My[/name_f] country (:tr:) is doing very well in pandemic, everything seems alright. Our economy is still good, and most people still have their jobs. Capacity of hospitals are pretty enough. We can easily find masks. [name_m]Daily[/name_m] number of deaths decreased (15-20 per day, peak was 120-130).

I don’t have much information about UK so I won’t comment about them.

1 Like

Everything was closed here, but now most everything is open. Where I live, the deaths never got high, thankfully, and now the cases are going down.

1 Like

Wales! We’re in the process of easing lockdown at the moment still, a few weeks after [name_f]England[/name_f]

1 Like

I’m from the [name_m]Boston[/name_m] area. We’re currently opening in phases. We’re currently in Phase 2 and my job reopens officially for staff on [name_f]Monday[/name_f]. I work with kids and the kids come on [name_u]July[/name_u] 6th. There’s lots to be done and new rules to follow but we all knew that. It’ll be an adjustment but I’m just afraid that we’ll get into this new routine only to be shutdown again.

1 Like

Illinois. on the outside life appears pretty normal except for everyone wearing masks in grocery stores, and restaurants haven’t opened up for indoor seating yet (I think that starts next week). but it’s not a good situation, obviously. pretty much everyone lost their serving jobs among many others. the state is letting school districts decide when/if they want to open back up in the fall, and many have already decided to continue e-learning until [name_u]January[/name_u] 2021, which means some parents who were lucky enough to regain their jobs might have to quit to stay home with the kids. my college is doing e-learning this fall too, but is open for labs and clinicals. for anyone who doesn’t know, IL is already a broke state with bad infrastructure and an infamous amount of corruption (and, construction :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:). the biggest crisis besides the fact that IL couldn’t afford to shut down for three months, is that [name_f]Chicago[/name_f] is unequally slammed by this virus, and moreover the black population there is dying disproportionately because of pollution and access to resources like food and medical care. it’s hard to imagine this will all get worse. I’ve never been on NB so much- it’s a nice little distraction. :grin:

1 Like

England! We’ve been in lockdown since late [name_u]March[/name_u], it is easing now and I have been able to go out and meet up with friends in the last few weeks but we have to stay 2m away from each other. I check the news every day waiting for the government to say I can hug my boyfriend again!

1 Like

also- BLM protests are rampant here in the suburbs. they haven’t shown any signs of stopping, and businesses who were already slammed by the lockdowns got broken into and vandalized. it is an absolute hurricane.

1 Like

I live in [name_u]Colorado[/name_u], around the middle of the US. We had some of the most cases in the US besides [name_m]Boston[/name_m] and cities on the east coast, but I’m not sure how we’re doing now.
There are a lot of protests here, especially in [name_u]Denver[/name_u]. I wish I could join in but my parents wouldn’t let me :confused:

1 Like

Southern [name_u]California[/name_u] area. [name_m]Born[/name_m] and raised (unfortunately).

1 Like

I’m in Southern [name_u]California[/name_u] as well, here for DH’s job. We’re hoping to move back to the [name_u]East[/name_u] Coast of the US (where we’re both from) at some point though.

1 Like

I’m in the U.S.–Midwest.

1 Like

I’m in the suburbs of [name_u]London[/name_u], [name_f]England[/name_f].

1 Like

I’m from Edinburgh in [name_f]Scotland[/name_f]! We are just starting to come out of lockdown now, but our government has decided to go slower than all of the neighbouring British and Irish countries and its causing a lot of tension.

1 Like

That’s so cool that you live in Turkey!! I’m glad your country is doing well. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you speak Turkish? It’s such a beautiful language!!

2 Likes

I live in the western US and our cases are rising. [name_f]My[/name_f] state is thinking about making mask-wearing mandatory (we wear them though, and most people do already). There are a lot of arguments about how careful we need to be, with some saying that the economy is more important, and others saying that it isn’t.

1 Like

I live in [name_m]Washington[/name_m] state. But I will be moving to [name_u]California[/name_u] in a about a year.

1 Like

I’m from [name_m]Ontario[/name_m], [name_f]Canada[/name_f] :slight_smile: We’re currently in Phase 2, and my work (retail store!) reopened today. [name_f]My[/name_f] area itself wasn’t hard hit, but surrounding areas were and it was a bit worrying.

I’m currently awaiting testing so I can go see my grandmother again! Her nursing home opened up visits as long as you have a negative test within the last two weeks, and my test is scheduled for [name_f]Monday[/name_f] :). I can’t wait to go see her again!

1 Like

I live in the Carolinas/Georgia/Virginia/Tennessee area(basically Southeastern part of the US) but I’m moving to [name_f]India[/name_f] in the next 2-3 weeks…

Nobody is really wearing masks and stuff, but we are bc of our travels… We’re opening up(my area, not my family) and we’re in phase 2 or 3…