Where the Wild Things Are Names

[name]Do[/name] you think the name [name]Carol[/name] will become popular for boys after the release of this movie?? It’s kinda cute!
Opinions?

I don’t remember [name]Carol[/name] from the book, but I can’t imagine it taking off for boys any time soon.

Wikipedia lists these as the main names in Where the [name]Wild[/name] Things Are: [name]Max[/name], [name]Aaron[/name], [name]Bernard[/name], [name]Emil[/name], [name]Moishe[/name] and Tzippy

I love [name]Max[/name], [name]Bernard[/name] and [name]Emil[/name]! And I love [name]Moses[/name] which is a lot like [name]Moishe[/name].

If it does I will cry.

No, I think it’s pretty much a feminine name, and very much tied to the [name]Baby[/name] Boom generation. I don’t see it kicking for boys.

Oh sorry I was focusing on the movie. The [name]James[/name] Gandolfini character is named [name]Carol[/name].

No, I don’t think it will take off - it’s one of those names that is theoretically lovely, but pretty much no-one would ever use (for a boy).

I think it’s cute, but I can’t imagine a full-grown man (and definitely not a teenage boy) named [name]Carol[/name].

No, I don’t think it will take off - it’s one of those names that is theoretically lovely, but pretty much no-one would ever use (for a boy).

I think it’s cute, but I can’t imagine a full-grown man (and definitely not a teenage boy) named [name]Carol[/name].

[name]Carroll[/name]? [name]Carroll[/name] is an Old [name]German[/name] boys name meaning, strangely enough, “[name]Man[/name].”

[name]Carolus[/name] is a variant…I’m unsure about.

[name]Just[/name] because a name is more prominently used as a female name…doesn’t mean it always was! [name]Evelyn[/name] is an Irish [name]MALE[/name] name. :slight_smile:

[name]True[/name], but it seems much easier for a name to go from male to female than the other way round.

[name]True[/name], but it seems much easier for a name to go from male to female than the other way round.[/quote]

I don’t know which came first…the male [name]CARROLL[/name] or the female version [name]CAROL[/name] (usually spelled that way)…but I do agree with you.