Which 2 Names?

We’ve managed to narrow our list down to 4 options. They are…

Violet Cecilia Kate & Penelope Hazel Kate

Violet Cecilia Terese & Penelope Winter Kate

Violet Cecilia Terese & Penelope Margot Kate

Violet Ophelia Terese & Penelope Cecilia Kate

Which set would you pick?

Just some notes: We’re using two middle names; Kate and Terese are honors and the other is our choice. Our surname is one syllable and begins with Y.

I like both first names choices a lot, but I slightly prefer [name_f]Violet[/name_f] & [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]. They seem just a little more compatible, but both [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] are great names that work well with [name_f]Violet[/name_f].

My favorites: [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] & [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f]/[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] & [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f]

Definitely [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]. TBH, I’ve never seen the appeal of [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], especially now that it’s getting so common.

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] is my combo so of course I love [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]/[name_f]Terese[/name_f]. I prefer [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] of the two. After that, I like [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f]. I don’t think FATY would be a huge deal since monogrammed things are always only three letters, so it most likely would come out as [name_f]FAY[/name_f] if you were to do it.

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f] are great together!

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] for sure. Not that big on [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], although I love [name_f]Poppy[/name_f].
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Therese[/name_f] are my favorite combinations.

[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] sure gets a lot more love over here where as [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] is clear favorite on another site I’ve posted on lol.

Thanks guys… A few people have said that [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] don’t stylistically work together and then others say they’re perfect. I wasn’t sure if it was the fact that one of them allows us to use other names (nickname and a middle) we originally wanted that swayed them to say it or not.

Popularity doesn’t bother us. I’m pretty sure that [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is used a lot more than both of them lol but we love it! We did consider putting [name_f]Violet[/name_f] or [name_f]Viola[/name_f] in the middle spot and using these two names as firsts instead because we could have used all three but we’re not sure if we could change [name_f]Violet[/name_f] now lol. I guess the only thing that will sway us is if one name really sounded off with [name_f]Violet[/name_f].

It’s just such a hard choice as we love both names and I’m not sure if we could work the one we don’t use in somewhere. The clock is ticking to make our minds up too which is just adding to the pressure.

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] & [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f] are my favourite pair though I adore [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] as a combo…

I know this wasn’t an option given, but I like [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f].

I don’t like [name_f]Violet[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Cecelia[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
and
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] (I know this wasn’t an option either)

I don’t like the nickname [name_f]Letty[/name_f].

We did discuss using [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] & [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] as first names and pushing [name_f]Violet[/name_f] or [name_f]Viola[/name_f] to a middle name spot but I think they’re too matchy for our liking plus we love [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. [name_f]Violet[/name_f] has been set from day one really. [name_f]Letty[/name_f] is set too, except for [name_f]Ettie[/name_f] maybe, as we don’t like [name_f]Vi[/name_f] or Vee.

We’ll be using [name_f]Kate[/name_f] and [name_f]Terese[/name_f]/[name_f]Teresa[/name_f] somewhere as they are honor names. One girl will have [name_f]Kate[/name_f] and the other will have [name_f]Teresa[/name_f] or [name_f]Terese[/name_f].

It’s nice to see [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] getting some love though. I was afraid it was a bit of a mouthful but…

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] & [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] & [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f] (although perhaps a little too matchy with [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] and [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]?)

… give us the opportunity to use a lot of our favorites so thanks.

Thanks. I feel like these are some of our more balanced options. I’m worried our [name_f]Violet[/name_f] options seem more mature sounding than some of our [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] ones.

Any reason [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f] isn’t on the list? I think [name_f]Margot[/name_f] perfectly matches the maturity of [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f], especially with [name_f]Terese[/name_f].

We’re trying to steer clear of using [name_f]Terese[/name_f] with [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] as it feels quite lengthy especially against [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]. We did question [name_f]Willa[/name_f], [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] with it too. I guess it’s not much different in length to some of our other options thinking about it however,

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f] & [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] is my choice. I’m just not a huge fan of Fs and Vs together, but that’s just my personal preference.

What do you think about these in terms of balance?

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f]

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Teresa[/name_f]

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f]

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_u]Everly[/name_u] [name_f]Terese[/name_f]

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f]

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f]

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f]

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Esmee[/name_f] [name_f]Teresa[/name_f]

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Arabella[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f]

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f]

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f]

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_u]Darcey[/name_u] [name_f]Teresa[/name_f]

… These are a few other names we’ve considered along the way, either for firsts or middles. You can tell my insomnia is in full force tonight lol. Thank you for your help, by the way ”

Something to consider! Thanks for your help.

Something to consider! Thanks for your help.

Honestly, I find [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] a bit long and both names kinda get lost, [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] flows wonderfully though and the names do so much for each other.
I also wouldn’t put [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f] as it is a bit repetitive in sound.
One new combo I like is [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f] but I still don’t think it compares to [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f].

What makes me like [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f] (or any other two syllable name) is that they have a different emphasis so even though they’re both two syllables they flow well together but are also a very light pairing (I do think that [name_f]Terese[/name_f] feels longer than it actually is which makes me like her less with a four syllable name in front).

I’m sure you have considered them but I personally quite like [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Tess[/name_f] or [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Tessa[/name_f].

Great points, honestly thanks so much for this! It’s really helpful.

I do see what you mean with [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]; I tend to pronounce [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] as Seh-[name_m]Seel[/name_m]-Ee-uh where as the usual or proper pronunciation, I guess, would be Seh-[name_m]Seel[/name_m]-Yah which I think sounded better but I do prefer [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]. I’ve had the same worry about [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f] too.

We have considered them… I’m a fan of [name_f]Tess[/name_f], not sure about [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] with [name_f]Margot[/name_f] though, but I feel it runs into our surname a bit plus my mom has never gone my [name_f]Tess[/name_f] or [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] in her life so I feel like we’d be kind of taking away from honoring her a bit by using them. [name_f]Kate[/name_f] is different because my mother in law has gone by it her whole life. We prefer [name_f]Kate[/name_f]/[name_f]Cate[/name_f] to [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] and it’s easier to work with so that’s a plus for us lol. I have grown fond of [name_f]Terese[/name_f] throughout this whole process though and I feel it’s close enough to [name_f]Teresa[/name_f] as opposed to [name_f]Tess[/name_f].

I guess we’ve just got to pick; [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] or [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] (although not as easy as if sounds lol) and except that one will have to go instead of trying to make things work… Maybe to except that one name is going to be a bit longer than we’d have liked too. I think it would be easier to change our surname instead lol. Their names would have been sorted long ago without it!

With that being said I guess our options would be…

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f] & [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f] & [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] & [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] & [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] & [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f]
(I’m not sure on [name_f]Willa[/name_f] now…)

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] & [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] & [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] & [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f]

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f] & [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] & [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] & [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f]

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] & [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] & [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f]

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f] & [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f] & [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
(Is [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] too much? Especially using the nickname Cici for [name_f]Felicity[/name_f].)

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]

I like [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] a bit better, but I like the [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] combos better. I think both work well with [name_f]Violet[/name_f], I’m just not a fan of [name_f]Cece[/name_f]/Cici. I would avoid the FAT initials since you have other nice options. Might not be fun in the teenage years. [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is too much [name_f]IMO[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Willa[/name_f] flows well with [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] since it is smooth after the many syllables of [name_f]Penelope[/name_f].

My favorites:

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] & [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f] & [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f] & [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] & [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f]

I would also like [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f] and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f].

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] & [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f]. Beautiful set!