Which and Why?

Which of these names would you add to my baby girl name list? Why? I’m looking for some in-depth feedback to decide whether any deserve placement in the Top Twenty.

1. [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Angelica[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]
  5. [name_u]Hyacinth[/name_u]
  6. Queniva
  7. [name_f]Stellaluna[/name_f]
  8. [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
  9. [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
  10. [name_f]Florence[/name_f]
  11. [name_f]Myrtle[/name_f]

[name_f]My[/name_f] top ten includes [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f], [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f], [name_f]Hosanna[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f], [name_f]Thessaly[/name_f], [name_f]Claudia[/name_f], [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f], and [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f].

Am I allowed to say all of them? Ok, I won’t do that. I think my favorite is [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]. I love this name. There’s so much history in it, and so much nickname potential, with [name_f]Willa[/name_f], [name_u]Willow[/name_u], [name_f]Mina[/name_f], etc. I also like [name_f]Florence[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], and [name_f]Angelica[/name_f]. I would like [name_f]Stellaluna[/name_f] a lot, if it weren’t for the bat in the children’s book [name_f]Stellaluna[/name_f]. Also, I like the sound of [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f], but it kind of reminds me of the word “xenophobia,” which isn’t a possitive association.

I love [name_f]Angelica[/name_f]! :angel: I’m so happy to see it on your list!
I love [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] and [name_f]Florence[/name_f]! :hibiscus: I believe [name_u]Hyacinth[/name_u] is perfect for you - unique, girly and nature themed. I think [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] and [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] sound lovely with your top10 names. [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] is really unexpected. It’s a magnificent match for [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f], [name_f]Hosanna[/name_f], [name_f]Thessaly[/name_f] and [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f]. [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f], [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] and [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] would create a lovely sibset too.

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Florence[/name_f], [name_u]Hyacinth[/name_u], & [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] would fit right in, I think. I love [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f], though, too! But my favorite is [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], so she gets my vote. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f], [name_f]Florence[/name_f], and [name_f]Angelica[/name_f] would be absolutely stunning in you name list! You names are very classic feeling, but are rarely used. I think [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] fits the bill best. But really, I would just add the ones you love most.

I would add

[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]: This name sounds so fresh. I think it’s so stylish. It reminds me of [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] on your list - friendly and sweet.

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]: Sweet, yet also sassy and stylish. Fiercer than [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] because of that X.

[name_f]Florence[/name_f]: This name sounds elegant yet kind. It reminds me of [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] on your list.

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f], [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] and [name_f]Florence[/name_f].
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] sounds like ‘xenophobia’ to me, [name_u]Hyacinth[/name_u] is too much of a plant to me and [name_f]Stellaluna[/name_f] sounds a bit ‘much’. I don’t know how I must pronounce Queniva.

Ooh, I love [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]. Such a lovely meaning, and I like how it feels old-fashioned but gets a little bit of edge from that fun “x” ending. To me it sounds upbeat, friendly, and energetic! [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] is my second favorite; I think it, like [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], sounds really lively and fun. I also love the nickname [name_f]Emmie[/name_f], so that’s a plus for me, but I don’t know if you like nicknames? Third favorite is [name_f]Florence[/name_f]–gentle, beautiful, familiar but so underused. [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] unfortunately does remind me of xenophobia; normally I don’t mind a name that sounds a little like a word, but that’s an association that would definitely give me pause. [name_f]Stellaluna[/name_f] made me think of the children’s book bat, which is actually a pretty sweet association in my opinion, but I think I might prefer the name as a lovely middle.

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] definitely would feel right at home on your current top list, a la [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f], [name_f]Claudia[/name_f], [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] and [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f]. By the same note [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] is a really nice choice too.

[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] feels good for you too, though I think [name_f]Clemence[/name_f] or [name_f]Clemency[/name_f] would actually “fit” more (thinking of [name_f]Hosanna[/name_f], [name_f]Thessaly[/name_f] and [name_f]Florence[/name_f].) On that [name_f]Florence[/name_f] feels right at home here!

I like [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f] for you, but would probably only pick one for my list between [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f] and [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f].

1. [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f] -this doesnt fit to me. It feels to Cornish and not quite right on your list. Perhaps as a middle?

2. [name_f]Angelica[/name_f]
    This feels a tiny bit fussy for your list

3. [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f]
    This seems to fit -it feels in line with your big biblical names

4. [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]
    I think this fits with [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] and [name_f]Claudia[/name_f] so it coukd be one for consideration

5. [name_u]Hyacinth[/name_u]
    I can see this beside [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f] and [name_f]Hosanna[/name_f]. [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] might be another option

6. Queniva
    This fits well. Quirky and interesting

7. [name_f]Stellaluna[/name_f]
    A bit too mythical like [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f]

8. [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
    This fits perfectly- I’d almost assume it was already on your list

9. [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
    I think this works, especislly with [name_f]Eudora[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] -it ties yiur names together

10. [name_f]Florence[/name_f]
    Similar to [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], i think it would help tie your names together

11. [name_f]Myrtle[/name_f]
    This has a vintage, southern vibe that works well with your list!

I love love love [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]. It’s the name of one of the sweetest book characters (by [name_f]Sara[/name_f] Pennypacker) and I’ve never met a [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] who wasn’t an absolute ray of sunshine. [name_u]Clem[/name_u] is a cute nickname, but I think it’s one of those names that stands alone wonderfully. There is always the question of ClemenTINE or ClemenTEEN, in terms of pronunciation.

[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] needs a spot on your list! It fits common patterns that are present in some of your current top 10: 3 or 4 syllables, a-ending, uncommon or rare popularity. It has the historical punch of [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and the bad-ass strength meaning of [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f]. A bonus for me would be the dynamic nicknames that come with this name choice.

1 Like

I would add the following because they are beautiful and have many nickname options:

• [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] to see [name_f]Claudia[/name_f] and Rosaland made your top ten!

[name_f]Angelica[/name_f], due to the [name_f]Angelica[/name_f] [name_u]Schuyler[/name_u]/[name_m]Hamilton[/name_m] connection.

[name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Angelica[/name_f] and [name_f]Florence[/name_f] should be promoted in my opinion. They’re all beautiful, whimsical names steeped in history, and recall brilliant women like [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_m]Potter[/name_m], [name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_u]Nightingale[/name_u], [name_f]Angelica[/name_f] [name_m]Huston[/name_m], [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_m]Churchill[/name_m], [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_m]Ford[/name_m]… [name_f]Stellaluna[/name_f] is beautiful but I’d only ever use it as a middle name; it feels a little ‘too much’ as a first name to me and very ‘l’ heavy. [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] is a nice name although it’s never really struck me for some reason. Maybe it feels a little cumbersome to me or something? The others I just can’t quite see on a baby. They seem a little too harsh to me, particularly [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f], Queniva and [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f]. They’d make epic middles though! [name_f]Myrtle[/name_f] has been overwhelmed by the image of Moaning [name_f]Myrtle[/name_f] for me to be honest, something I suspect anyone who’s read [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] would feel. Actually, as a result of the books and the films I think of toilets when I hear/see the name [name_f]Myrtle[/name_f] because Moaning [name_f]Myrtle[/name_f] haunts the girls’ toilets! But there are some brilliant names here, some of which i’d definitely be pushing up the list.

Definitely [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] and [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f]. They both fit the “vintage mixed with unique” vibe of your other names.

After much consideration, I think I’ve decided that [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f], and [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] will all be promoted. [name_u]Hyacinth[/name_u] will be [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]’s middle name, and Queniva will be on the back burner for now. I adore Queniva, but I’ve never found the exact right combo for her. [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f], [name_f]Myrtle[/name_f], [name_f]Angelica[/name_f], and [name_f]Stellaluna[/name_f] have been nixed.

We have a [name_f]Zenovia[/name_f] pronounced zen-uh-via. Similar to [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f]. We love her name and whenever anyone hears her name they always comment on how beautiful it is. Her nn is [name_f]Via[/name_f] which is also a really cool sassy nn.

I love [name_f]Stellaluna[/name_f] because it reminds me of the book about the little bat I read as a kid. It reminds me of reading with my parents and of accepting differences. I don’t know if it matches your top ten though- maybe as a middle?

I also really like [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]- it’s sweet but doesn’t have frilly “a”/“ia” that I think makes it different. It fits well into your top ten/potential sibset.

1 Like