Which Biblical Names Do You Love The Most?

[name]Hi[/name] Nameberries, I have often found the Bible to be a great source of naming inspiration over the years. I’ve narrowed my lists down to ten names for each gender (this was very difficult especially for the boys as there are just so many more Biblical choices for males compared to females). Please choose one girls name and one boys name from the list as well as your favorite sibling set (the number of children in your sibset is up to you :)). If the name you love is not on my list, feel free to post it. Thanks for participating. Regards, [name]Mischa[/name].

The choices are…

Girls
1 [name]Elizabeth[/name]
2 [name]Susannah[/name]
3 [name]Naomi[/name]
4 [name]Abigail[/name]
5 [name]Hannah[/name]
6 [name]Mary[/name]
7 [name]Delilah[/name]
8 [name]Salome[/name]
9 [name]Jemima[/name]
10 [name]Zipporah[/name]

Boys
1 [name]Isaac[/name]
2 [name]Abraham[/name]
3 [name]Eli[/name]
4 [name]Nathaniel[/name]
5 [name]Tobias[/name]
6 [name]Josiah[/name]
7 [name]Solomon[/name]
8 [name]Malachi[/name]
9 [name]Gabriel[/name]
10 [name]Joseph[/name]

Sibling set:
[name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Susannah[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name] and [name]Tobias[/name]

[name]Beth[/name], [name]Annie[/name], [name]Nate[/name] and [name]Toby[/name]

Favourites;
[name]Susannah[/name] and [name]Nathaniel[/name]

Thanks [name]Michaela[/name]. I love your sibset!

My favorite girl’s name from the Bible is definitely [name]Eve[/name] (runners up are [name]Mary[/name], [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Sarah[/name]) Boy’s name would be [name]Solomon[/name] (Though I love most classic Bible boy names: [name]David[/name], [name]Thomas[/name], [name]Luke[/name], etc.)

[name]Delilah[/name] beats [name]Naomi[/name] by a hair’s breadth! My favourite boy’s name is [name]Ezra[/name]. I think [name]Isaac[/name] and [name]Delilah[/name] would make cute siblings. And [name]Ezra[/name] and [name]Naomi[/name].

My favorite biblical names are:
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Malachi[/name]

[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]

One of my favorite girls names from the Bible is [name]Tirza[/name]. For boys, [name]Josiah[/name]!

My favorite girl names: [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Susannah[/name], [name]Eve[/name], [name]Abigail[/name], [name]Mara[/name], [name]Naomi[/name], [name]Anna[/name], [name]Mary[/name], [name]Delilah[/name], [name]Sarah[/name], [name]Rachel[/name]

Boy names: [name]Jared[/name], [name]Elijah[/name], [name]Daniel[/name], [name]Malachi[/name], [name]Seth[/name], [name]Adam[/name], [name]Joseph[/name], [name]Levi[/name], [name]Jesse[/name], [name]Emmanuel[/name], [name]Luke[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name], [name]Gabriel[/name]

[name]Obediah[/name]! I can’t begin to explain how many times I’ve used it in my stories! It has so much character and presence to it.

I also love [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Silas[/name], [name]Magdalene[/name] (that’s not a first name, though), and [name]Nathaniel[/name], and I like Damascus, too, but that’s a place name. Plus, I’m obsessed with the name [name]Zebedee[/name], but I’d never give it to a kid!

Oh and [name]Leah[/name] for girls too

From your list, [name]Josiah[/name] and [name]Jemima[/name] are my favourites. I also like [name]Nathaniel[/name] and [name]Zipporah[/name].
My list would include [name]Jotham[/name], [name]Noam[/name], [name]Avner[/name] ([name]Abner[/name]), and [name]Eben[/name]; [name]Keziah[/name], [name]Zilpha[/name], [name]Rachel[/name], and [name]Esther[/name]. Oh – [name]Micah[/name], [name]Gideon[/name], [name]Raphael[/name] – never mind. There’s just too many! My own children are [name]Caleb[/name] and [name]Leah[/name] [name]Gabriella[/name] (Hebrew names).

My favs: Noah & Rebekah
My favs off your list: Susannah & Malachi. I actually love every name on your boy list.
Sibset: Susannah, Malachi, Tobias, & Gabriel

ETA: @miloowen - Jotham! I love it, and I never see it anywhere. You have a great list.

For girls: I love [name]Rebekah[/name], [name]Eden[/name] - though its a place, [name]Selah[/name] - not actually a name in the Bible, [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Sarai[/name], and Leah.

For boys: [name]Aaron[/name], [name]Asher[/name], Jacob and [name]Gabriel[/name]

[name]Sib[/name] set’s
[name]Isaac[/name] and [name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name] and [name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Abraham[/name] and [name]Mary[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name] and [name]Joseph[/name]

Fav’s
[name]Isaac[/name] and [name]Abraham[/name] are even for me and [name]Mary[/name]

Narrowing my list down to ten for each gender was heartwrenching. [name]Just[/name] reading all of your posts made me realize how many more names I had to eliminate. Thanks everyone!

From your list I love [name]Naomi[/name] and [name]Eli[/name] the best!

My fav is [name]Asa[/name] for a girl and boy!

Of your faves, I like all, but my faves from your faves are…
[name]Elizabeth[/name] - my name; I’m biased!
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Mary[/name] - can’t go wrong with this durable classic! Probably my fave of my faves of your faves. :slight_smile:
[name]Salome[/name]
[name]Zipporah[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Abraham[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Josiah[/name]
[name]Solomon[/name]

My favorite biblical names are (in no particular order):
[name]Bartholomew[/name] (well, this is probably my favorite biblical name ever!)
[name]John[/name] - can’t go wrong with [name]John[/name]!
[name]Absalom[/name]
[name]Abijah[/name]
[name]Obadiah[/name]
[name]Meshach[/name]
Shadrach
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Ebenezer[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Josiah[/name]
[name]James[/name]
Methusaleh
[name]Adonijah[/name]
[name]Azriel[/name]
[name]Ephraim[/name]
[name]Eleazar[/name]
[name]Enoch[/name]
[name]Ichabod[/name]
[name]Jethro[/name] - definitely in my top 5 for Biblical names. :slight_smile:
[name]Jedidiah[/name]
Alphaeus
[name]Lazarus[/name] - like [name]Bartholomew[/name] and [name]Jethro[/name], one of my absolute faves. :slight_smile:
[name]Lemuel[/name] - I’ve actually encountered Lemuels before!
[name]Nicodemus[/name]
[name]Phinehas[/name] / [name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Theophilus[/name]
[name]Zebulon[/name]

[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Dorcas[/name]
[name]Drusilla[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Hephzibah[/name]
[name]Joanna[/name]
[name]Magdalene[/name]
[name]Martha[/name]
[name]Mary[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Tirzah[/name]
Tryphena

1 [name]Elizabeth[/name]
2 [name]Susannah[/name]
3 [name]Naomi[/name]
4 [name]Abigail[/name]
5 [name]Hannah[/name]
6 [name]Mary[/name]
7 [name]Delilah[/name]
8 [name]Salome[/name]
9 [name]Jemima[/name]
10 [name]Zipporah[/name]

Boys
1 [name]Isaac[/name]
2 [name]Abraham[/name]
3 [name]Eli[/name]
4 [name]Nathaniel[/name]
5 [name]Tobias[/name]
6 [name]Josiah[/name]
7 [name]Solomon[/name]
8 [name]Malachi[/name]
9 [name]Gabriel[/name]
10 [name]Joseph[/name]

My favorites are [name]Isaac[/name] and [name]Abigail[/name]. [name]Elizabeth[/name] is a close second! :wink: [name]Delilah[/name] is also lovely.

I like the sibset of [name]Abraham[/name] and [name]Solomon[/name]. I also like [name]Tobias[/name] and [name]Josiah[/name]. For girls, [name]Abigail[/name] and [name]Delilah[/name] is a great sibset.

My favorite Bible name right now is [name]Gideon[/name] and I am seriously considering it for my bump. I love, love, love the name [name]Salome[/name] but will never use it because she was just so evil. So sad. I like [name]Delilah[/name] too but am on the fence about that one. I also really like [name]Eunice[/name], [name]Lydia[/name], and [name]Jemima[/name].