Which Boy name starting with 'J' fits best?

We have decided on a middle name but still uncertain for the first name.

Wanted to hear your thoughts which one is best to go with ‘[name_u]Bryce[/name_u]’

We are looking for something not too common (where he will be one of 5 people with that name in his class) but at the same time doesn’t have the negative of sounding too made up. It’s really difficult to find that balance.

1. [name_m]Jared[/name_m] [name_u]Bryce[/name_u]
  2. [name_m]Jon[/name_m] [name_u]Bryce[/name_u]
  3. [name_u]Jensen[/name_u] [name_u]Bryce[/name_u]
  4. [name_m]Janson[/name_m] [name_u]Bryce[/name_u]
  5. [name_m]Jarvis[/name_m] [name_u]Bryce[/name_u]
  6. [name_u]Jalen[/name_u] [name_u]Bryce[/name_u]
  7. [name_u]Jaiden[/name_u] [name_u]Bryce[/name_u]
  8. [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Bryce[/name_u]
  9. Jenkin Bryce

Names we have crossed off due to various reasons:
Jonah
Jasper
Japeth
Jordan
Jason
Julius
Jeremy
Jonathan
Jeremiah
Justin

From your list I like [name_m]Jared[/name_m] [name_u]Bryce[/name_u] best.

I also like [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Bryce[/name_u], but worry it sounds a bit abrupt with the two one syllable names together. If you have a longer surname it could work though I think.

Wasn’t sure if you’re looking for other suggestions but a couple ideas:

Jordan [name_u]Bryce[/name_u]
[name_m]Jonty[/name_m] [name_u]Bryce[/name_u]
[name_u]Jett[/name_u] [name_u]Bryce[/name_u]

Good luck with your choice

Thanks! It’s the first I heard of [name_m]Jonty[/name_m], It does sound nice. Although going with Bryce, is it too much “y” in there? :smiley:

Unfortunately we have a one syllable surname so I wouldn’t call it long.

Love [name_m]Jarvis[/name_m]! But it doesn’t sound so good with [name_u]Bryce[/name_u], so I would probably second [name_m]Jared[/name_m].

Are you in Australia by any chance? If so, [name_u]Jarrah[/name_u] is nice and getting more use these days (native Australian tree).

Ohh it’s the first I heard of the name. Doesn’t [name_u]Jarrah[/name_u] sound like [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] which is for a girl? Sorry if my pronunciation is mistaken.

You think Jarvis doesn’t sound good with Bryce? Is it because of the -sss sound at the end?

Yes because of the double “iss”, though it’s not unusable! Especially as middle names are hardly used irl.

[name_u]Jarrah[/name_u] is pronounced differently to [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] in the Australian accent… It’s more like JUH-RUH, said quite quickly. I know 3 of them, all males of different ages (from 6 months to 60) although it could conceivably be a girl’s name too :slight_smile:

Oh sorry I didn’t realise you had crossed off [name_u]Jordan[/name_u] when I posted previously!

I think [name_m]Jonty[/name_m] [name_u]Bryce[/name_u] isn’t too much ‘Y’, because the Y has a different sound in both names. I actually quite like it! I know three boys with the name [name_m]Jonty[/name_m] (various ages) and it’s really grown on me actually.

1 Like

That’s really interesting. I’ll have to google that pronunciation. I do agree that middle name is somewhat obsolete irl unless it catches on haha. I guess it’s just our way of making the name more unique.

1 Like

Yeah I will bring up [name_m]Jonty[/name_m] with my partner. I am starting to like it the more I say it and it’s not too common as well. Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

I like [name_m]Jared[/name_m] [name_u]Bryce[/name_u] the best!!

I like [name_m]Jon[/name_m] and [name_m]Jenson[/name_m] the best

How about [name_m]Joel[/name_m]?

It’s actually [name_m]Janson[/name_m]?

Joel has been ruled out too but thanks for the suggestion.

I like [name_m]Jared[/name_m] or [name_m]Jenson[/name_m]

Jared or [name_u]Jensen[/name_u]!

Your number 3 is [name_m]Jenson[/name_m]??

Jared, [name_m]Jon[/name_m], [name_u]Jensen[/name_u] and [name_m]Jack[/name_m] are my favorites. I think [name_m]Janson[/name_m] would be mistaken a lot for [name_m]Jason[/name_m], and [name_u]Jaiden[/name_u] will be one of the -aiden names so popular right now.

May I suggest [name_u]Jory[/name_u], [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] and [name_m]Julen[/name_m]?

Its [name_u]Jensen[/name_u] then [name_m]Janson[/name_m] with an ‘a’. Sorry if its confusing

Did you mean [name_m]Janson[/name_m] ?

[name_u]Jamie[/name_u] is nice but sounds a bit feminine for our liking. The other two doesn’t work well for us. Thanks for suggesting :slight_smile:

Shame about [name_m]Julius[/name_m] being out, [name_m]Julius[/name_m] [name_u]Bryce[/name_u] is lovely. Is [name_u]Julian[/name_u] out too? [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite would be [name_u]Jensen[/name_u].

Just because I haven’t seen it suggested and it wasn’t on your list, I’ll throw in [name_m]Jethro[/name_m]. He’s so underrated, in my opinion, and [name_m]Jethro[/name_m] [name_u]Bryce[/name_u] is a great name.

1 Like