Which Combo is Best?

See the results of this poll: Which combo?

Respondents: 58 (This poll is closed)

• Elowen Adair : 10 (17%)
  • Elowen Dahl : 5 (9%)
  • Elowen Matilda : 8 (14%)
  • Elowen Saorise : 6 (10%)
  • Elowen Snow : 23 (40%)
  • Elowen Vale: 6 (10%)

Voted for [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f], it rolls beautifully off the tongue.

It was a real struggle at first to pronounce [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_u]Vale[/name_u] without saying [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] Whale :confused: I might be alone about it, but it would be reason enough for me to cut it from consideration.
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] Dahl would be my second choice, love how it makes me smile with all the wonderful associations ^^

Thank you for the feedback! I don’t have the same issue with [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_u]Vale[/name_u] but I could see how it would be an issue depending on your dialect. I wonder how common that would be with the area I live in. I definitely don’t want anyone calling her a whale x-x

I think my top favorites at the moment (they’re ever changing it seems) are [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_u]Adair[/name_u] and [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] Dahl (I love the associations too!). [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f] brings such a gorgeous image to mind and it is super easy to say :3 my one fear with [name_f]Snow[/name_f] is that it seems to be becoming a “filler” type middle. That may just be on NB though?

I think nameberry is the only place [name_f]Snow[/name_f] could be considered a filler middle :slight_smile:

[name_f]Snow[/name_f] has always had this magical air to me, I love snow, watching it fall, the crunch or the unique stillness of footsteps in it, the hush over what seems like the entire world as it covers everything, the light it brings to the middle of winter… I guess [name_f]Snow[/name_f] would only be a filler if you didn’t like snow (the twinkly cold stuff, not the name)

I will mention that English is not my first language, so it might not be any kind of problem at all. (V and W are actually both pronounced V in Norwegian, so it’s typical to overcompensate when switching to English. If it had sounded like gibberish or something nice, I wouldn’t have mentioned it, but it’s Whale :P)

I love [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]!

[name_m]Just[/name_m] a quick bump to get past all of the spam

[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_u]Adair[/name_u] is just gorgeous!

[name_f]Snow[/name_f] has the same feeling to me! The only problem is I live in [name_f]Florida[/name_f] so I’ve never actually seen snow (I’m hoping to remedy this next winter). That is one thing I try to consider with names, NB has a very specific group with specific tastes and doesn’t really reflect the real world or specifically the area I live in. So while [name_f]Snow[/name_f] can seem like a new filler on here, realistically it’s probably not.

It’s nice to hear the issues with other dialects and names. We live in an area that has a lot of foreign/transfer people due to the big name university. So it’s a pretty diverse town with a lot of different dialects.

Being a huge book worm I love [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] (book and movie) so it’s nothing but good references for me :slight_smile: I feel like this is such a bookish combo (LOTR-esque and Dahl related)

I love [name_u]Adair[/name_u]! It feels so just…1940’s and 1950’s. I just love it.

I voted for [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] Dahl, because it was the combo that intrigued me the most. I love how Dahl is unexpected (or at least to me). But I love them all, apart from [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Saoirse[/name_f] and [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_u]Vale[/name_u] (I love how [name_f]Saoirse[/name_f] looks but am not a fan of it’s pronunciation, and have read that it’s viewed as quite a tacky name in [name_f]Ireland[/name_f] - I don’t think it seems tacky at all though, but then again, I don’t live in [name_f]Ireland[/name_f]). I’m surprising myself by liking [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_u]Adair[/name_u], as I prefer [name_u]Adair[/name_u] on a boy, but it’s the only unisex name I like on both genders, so that could be why. If I could rank my favourites, it would look something like this:

[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] Dahl
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_u]Adair[/name_u]

Thank you so much for the feedback! [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] Dahl and [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_u]Adair[/name_u] are my top two contenders at the moment. [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] and [name_f]Snow[/name_f] I believe are the runner ups :slight_smile:

I had a hard time deciding between [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f] and [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] Dahl. While I love the names [name_u]Adair[/name_u], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], and [name_f]Saoirse[/name_f] to my ear they do not flow well with [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]. [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_u]Vale[/name_u] also sounded very odd to me, then again I am not a big fan of [name_u]Vale[/name_u]. Finally I decided Dahl not only flowed amazingly well with [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] but it was just a great different name. However I still think [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f] would be a great choice.

I voted [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_u]Adair[/name_u] because I say [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] the proper way ([name_f]El[/name_f]-OH-wen) and I think [name_u]Adair[/name_u] flows the best with it. However if you’re saying it [name_f]Ell[/name_f]-owen, then I’d say [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Saoirse[/name_f]

Thank you for the feedback! :3