Which combo is better??

See the results of this poll: Which is prettier

Respondents: 22 (This poll is closed)

• Melelani Maureen Hi’ilei : 16 (73%)
  • Hi’ilei Elowen Pearl: 6 (27%)

I think [name_m]Hi[/name_m]'ilei is too uncommon and difficult to pronounce, especially when older siblings are [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_f]Violet[/name_f] & [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]. However, I think Melelani is very similar to [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]'s MN, Mahealani, so I don’t think Melelani is a great choice either. I don’t think it’s fair to either [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] or the baby on the way to have to share a name.

I would go with [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_m]Hi[/name_m]'ilei or [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Maureen[/name_f]. [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] fits best with older siblings names, easily pronounceable and recognizable. You could use [name_m]Hi[/name_m]'ilei as it’s a name you love and from [name_f]Asian[/name_f] heritage, like siblings MNs, or you could go with [name_f]Maureen[/name_f], to honour family. Another option would be considering the name [name_f]Layla[/name_f] as a MN, or FN, very similar to the nickname of [name_f]Lele[/name_f].

I wasnt trying to keep it in theme with her siblings names because i am divorced and in a new very happy relationship. He doesnt veto every name i choose like my ex did and actually participates in the discussion and enjoys the process. I feel the name we choose should reflect the both of us and our story together not just be the next pick that fits with her siblings. I had to beg for [name_f]Violet[/name_f]'s name. Scarletts name was chosen the day of her birth because my ex refused to discuss anything and then we could only agree on [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]. Thats why they are so matchy. So picking a name that fits isnt an issue for me right now. Im having fun and using my heart this time. Plus my partner and i both have hawaiian culture/heritage so i dont mind the name being a little more hawaiian this time around. Also the hawaiian name will go first because i know thats what we will call her. I dont want her to constantly have to explain like her father and i do that we go by our middle name.

I absolutely adore [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], so I vote [name_m]Hi[/name_m]'ilei [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the nn [name_f]Lele[/name_f], too:)

I do agree that [name_m]Hi[/name_m]'ilei does not mesh very well with the classy names of her potential older siblings: [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], & [name_m]Hi[/name_m]'ilei? BUT…I always like to encourage people to disregard ‘rules’ and use the names they love. No matter what. So use one of those beautiful Hawaiian names if you want:)

I really like your Melelani combo. I think it’s sweet that you decided to honor your Hawaiian heritage. My only concern with [name_m]Hi[/name_m]'ilei is that you may need to spell and pronounce her name multiple times.

omgoodness, I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_m]Hi[/name_m]'ilei, and [name_m]Hi[/name_m]'ilei [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is absolutely gorgeous! I don’t find [name_m]Hi[/name_m]'ilei hard to say, but it could be because I’m so used to saying Auli’i too. Melelani is really beautiful, but it doesn’t hold a candle to [name_m]Hi[/name_m]'ilei to me. I lovelovelove [name_m]Hi[/name_m]'ilei and [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] together, too.

ETA: [name_m]Just[/name_m] noticed your comment about using a Hawaiian name up front this time–and though you obviously didn’t have to give it, I appreciate the context! I think [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], and [name_m]Hi[/name_m]'ilei/Melelani will be cute for siblings, but I was, in the back of my head, curious about it, since the Hawaiian names are in the middle for the older three. It sounds like you’re in a really good place right now, and I’m glad to hear it! I love your naming style, and I’ll be eagerly looking forward to see what you end up going with. :slight_smile:

Thank u! We are very involved in hula so i know some ppl will not know how to say it but family friends and hula class will. My concern would be school i guess.