Which combo?

See the results of this poll: Which combo?

Respondents: 81 (This poll is closed)

• Evangeline Wildflower : 9 (6%)
  • Evangeline Olive : 16 (10%)
  • Evangeline Soleil : 13 (8%)
  • Junia Evangeline : 19 (12%)
  • Liliana Soleil : 16 (10%)
  • Viviana Wildflower : 18 (11%)
  • Adelina Sofie : 20 (13%)
  • Magnolia Alice : 26 (16%)
  • Gemma Evangeline: 23 (14%)

I voted for [name_f]Junia[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] & [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f].

I also like [name_f]Liliana[/name_f] and [name_f]Viviana[/name_f].

My favorite combos are…

[name_f]Junia[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f]
[name_f]Liliana[/name_f] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] - I love [name_u]Ocean[/name_u]!
[name_f]Viviana[/name_f] [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]

My top three would be; [name_f]Liliana[/name_f] [name_f]Soleil[/name_f], [name_f]Viviana[/name_f] Wildflower, [name_f]Adelina[/name_f] [name_f]Sofie[/name_f]. [name_f]Adelina[/name_f] [name_f]Sofie[/name_f] being my first choice. If [name_f]Viviana[/name_f] was [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] Wildflower, that would be my top choice. [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] would also be gorgeous.

I [name_f]ADORE[/name_f] [name_f]Viviana[/name_f] Wildflower. The imagery is just sublime and it an amazingly gorgeous combo!

I like [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Olive[/name_f], but it does sound like it’s really trendy and may not age well.

I think [name_f]Liliana[/name_f] [name_f]Soleil[/name_f] is great!

Other combos might be [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] [name_f]Soleil[/name_f] and [name_f]Junia[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f].

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Olive[/name_f] was my first choice, but I would like [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] even better - in general I think a dramatic name needs something more simple and classic to balance it out, so names like [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] Wildflower just don’t work for me.

@christabel- [name_f]Liliana[/name_f] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] and [name_f]Junia[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] are sweet :slight_smile: We’re trying to use [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] or a W name for honoring a relative that the name isn’t a favorite.

[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
Wildflower
[name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Winnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Leona[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]- [name_f]Happy[/name_f]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f]- [name_u]Love[/name_u]
[name_f]Ona[/name_f]

These are the names we came up with that loosely fit that criteria.

@kristin of kerrytown [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] was the original combo forever until this W thing took over!

From your list I like [name_f]Adelina[/name_f] [name_f]Sofie[/name_f]. [name_f]Viviana[/name_f] Wildflower looks beautiful even though it feels overdramatic.

Have you considered [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] or [name_u]June[/name_u]? [name_u]June[/name_u] instead of [name_f]Junia[/name_f] sometimes for the sake of flow. I left out [name_f]Willow[/name_f] and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] because I find them hard to pair with the rest of your list.

[name_f]Leona[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
[name_f]Mae[/name_f] Wildflower
[name_f]Winnie[/name_f] [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f]
[name_f]Winnie[/name_f] [name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Junia[/name_f] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Viviana[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Leona[/name_f]
[name_f]Winnie[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f]
[name_f]Liliana[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Liliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Viviana[/name_f] [name_f]Sofie[/name_f]
[name_f]Viviana[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f]
[name_f]Viviana[/name_f] [name_f]Soleil[/name_f]
[name_f]Liliana[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f] Wildflower
[name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Junia[/name_f]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Leona[/name_f]
[name_f]Leona[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Junia[/name_f]

I actually love [name_f]Adelina[/name_f] Wildflower and [name_f]Junia[/name_f] Wildflower the best.

From your poll, I like [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] the best since they seem the most grounded. Wildflower is really cool, and I think [name_f]Junia[/name_f] Wildflower is totally doable. [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] Wildflower, although super-spunky-awesome, seems slightly over-the-top.

[name_f]Vivianna[/name_f] Wildflower just jumped out at me!! I’ve never seen it before and it sounds amazing

You’ve got some lovely combos.
I also think [name_f]Junia[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] would work nicely.

I voted for my top 2, which are [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Olive[/name_f] and [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]. Good luck!

Thanks everyone! I’m trying to wrap my brain around the “too over the top” Wildflower combo comments. In my experience no one knows my middle name at all. My first name is unusual, hard for people to understand, unisex and always needs an explanation when I say it. My middle name is the exact opposite- but no one has a clue what it is.

That said I’m leaning towards just doing what we love ( over the top or not) because very few people would even know the name.

Or we could go back to [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]. We were just trying to incorporate Weona some how into this name ( hence a W name.)

Another question for anyone still reading this :slight_smile: nn for [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] “[name_f]Ani[/name_f]” to much of a stretch?

I completely agree with you about the “over the top” nature of middle names. I don’t think it really matters and it’s the place where you can go a bit wild without any harm.
Your two Wildflower combos, [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] Wildflower and [name_f]Viviana[/name_f] Wildflower are both frilly and quite long. A 3-4 combo might have a better flow, but long and frilly seems to be your taste, so no worries–go with what you love.

Regarding [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Ani[/name_f], it definitely isn’t obvious or natural, but you can technically use anything you want as a nn. Though you couldn’t really push it’s link to [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f].

Regarding Weona, what do you think of [name_f]Leona[/name_f]? I think it’s a lovely name that would fit nicely with several of the other names on your list. [name_f]Leona[/name_f] Wildflower even sounds very pretty.

@kalaway Ugh. I know my choices are super long and frilly. I think it’s over correction from having such a horrible androgynous non-name my whole life! I’m thinking all these frilly names have non-frilly ways to go with them too. [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] could be [name_u]Noli[/name_u], [name_u]Ollie[/name_u], [name_f]Viviana[/name_f]- V/[name_f]Vi[/name_f]/[name_f]Viv[/name_f] etc. As for [name_f]Ani[/name_f], we love [name_f]Anna[/name_f] ( [name_m]Ah[/name_m]-na) it’s a family name but can NOT use it for many reasons. I was thinking this is a way around that. I love [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f], but basically hate all the nicknames. I picked the A/N/I out of it and saw [name_f]Ani[/name_f]. A stretch for sure.

As for [name_f]Leona[/name_f], my son is [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] so I think people might think we’re a bit [name_m]Leo[/name_m] obsessed unless it’s used as a middle name.

We were thinking Wolf or Lupine for a middle for a boy. Maybe this would quell the frilly if used as a middle for a girl?

Maybe nn [name_m]Agni[/name_m] or [name_f]Noa[/name_f]? I totally get the grabbing the letters out–clever and true, but practically speaking if you told me your name was [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] and your nn was [name_f]Ani[/name_f] I’d probably ask where that came from.

[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] Lupin is actually a pretty cool combo. Both flowers, but neither feel super frilly.

[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] [name_m]Wolf[/name_m] would be interesting as well. The flow works and it’s very hipster suave.

I voted [name_f]Adelina[/name_f] [name_f]Sofie[/name_f], [name_f]Liliana[/name_f] [name_f]Soleil[/name_f], and [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]. My favorites of those three are [name_f]Liliana[/name_f] [name_f]Soleil[/name_f] and [name_f]Adelina[/name_f] [name_f]Sofie[/name_f]. I would also suggest [name_f]Adelina[/name_f] [name_f]Soleil[/name_f], [name_f]Viviana[/name_f] [name_f]Sofie[/name_f], and [name_f]Viviana[/name_f] [name_f]Soleil[/name_f].

[name_f]Liliana[/name_f] [name_f]Soleil[/name_f] is perfection! Also love [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Soleil[/name_f]…

[name_f]Liliana[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f]

[name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_u]Ocean[/name_u]
[name_f]Briar[/name_f]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f]
[name_f]Briony[/name_f]