Which do you like together?

See the results of this poll: Pick your favourite sister set!

Respondents: 47 (This poll is closed)

• Liliane (family): 7 (15%)
  • Isobel (sort of family): 11 (23%)
  • Juliet: 12 (26%)
  • Penelope: 6 (13%)
  • Josephine: 7 (15%)
  • Dorothy: 4 (9%)

I think all of your names would be good. [name]Liliane[/name] seems like it would invite a lot of confusion spelling and pronunciation-wise, though. [name]Lily[/name] and all L-L combinations are VERY popular as well.

Bump! I need help, pretty please.

[name]How[/name] do you pronounce [name]Liliane[/name]?

[name]Liliane[/name] [name]Grace[/name] sounds lovely. :slight_smile: And it honors family, best of both worlds!!

[name]Lily[/name]-ann. It’s a French name, which I love. I’m open to nearly any [name]Lily[/name] name though. My grandmother’s name is [name]Lillian[/name] nn [name]Lily[/name], and I really want to honour her, but I hate how popular [name]Lily[/name] and all variants are…

I know, the popularity or these names makes me so sad. [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Lilianne[/name] would be better? A little less confusing on spelling and pronounciation, maybe.

I’m sorry but I think [name]Liliane[/name], while very pretty, is just too confusing (and it doesn’t really avoid the [name]Lily[/name] popularity issue anyway).
I think you should go with [name]Lillian[/name] (of course if popularity really bothers you a great deal, you might want to move in a different direction; I just think [name]Lillian[/name] is the most beautiful name on your list and I really love it). It’s a very beautiful name with a family connection for you. [name]Even[/name] though it might be popular, it’s a classic and doesn’t sound trendy. I also think you can get away with using the nn [name]Ann[/name] for [name]Lillian[/name] in case she finds herself in a sea of Lillies.
I would skip [name]Grace[/name] in the middle though, because then you have a popular first with one of the most popular middles so the full combo does not sound very distinct.
[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] would be beautiful!
Working off of your list, I also like [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Juliet[/name].

I’m not sure if I love any of the other names on your list as a sister to [name]Lillian[/name]. I do love [name]Evelyn[/name], but the two n-endings are a bit matchy. Would you consider just [name]Eve[/name]?

I love all of your names! My least favourite full name is [name]Josephine[/name], but I adore the plethora of nickname options, especially the adorable [name]Posie[/name]. Personally, I would avoid [name]Isobel[/name] due to the popularity, although it is a beautiful name, and [name]Liliane[/name], too, because [name]Lily[/name] names are really on the rise (again, it is beautiful, though). I’d use both of them in the middle without hesitation.

I adore the idea of [name]Flora[/name] as a first (it is my little niece’s name, and my sister gets so many complimets on it), and [name]Evelyn[/name] is lovely but quite popular (especially with the nn [name]Eve[/name]/[name]Evie[/name]/[name]Eva[/name]).

Some combinations which work well :
[name]Liliane[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Liliane[/name] [name]Freya[/name]
[name]Liliane[/name] [name]Amelie[/name]
[name]Isobel[/name] [name]Flora[/name]
[name]Isobel[/name] [name]Freya[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Amelie[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Freya[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Flora[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Grace[/name] (very popular in the middle spot, though)
[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Liliane[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Freya[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Rosabelle[/name]
[name]Flora[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Flora[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Flora[/name] [name]Juliet[/name].

All i can think of is… Lilliane [name]Freya[/name]

:stuck_out_tongue:

[name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name]

I agree with so many of you when you say how popular [name]Lily[/name] and all its variants and closely related double-L names are. I don’t want my daughter to be [name]Lily[/name] O. all her life. So if I were to use [name]Lily[/name], [name]Liliane[/name], [name]Liliana[/name] or [name]Lillian[/name] as a middle what combinations would be suggest? It’s so hard to let go of [name]Lily[/name] now after so many years or being absolutely adament that it would be my first daughter’s name. Oh my…

For sibling sets I love:
[name]Juliet[/name] and [name]Isobel[/name] nn [name]Jules[/name] and [name]Belle[/name] (maybe)
[name]Juliet[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] nn [name]Jules[/name] and [name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] and Josphine nn [name]Poppy[/name] and [name]Posey[/name] (too flowerly-I think I love that!)
[name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name] nn [name]Posey[/name] and [name]Dottie[/name]
[name]Isobel[/name] and [name]Flora[/name] nn [name]Belle[/name] and [name]Flo[/name] (if [name]Flora[/name] was shortened)
[name]Flora[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name] nn [name]Flo[/name] and [name]Dottie[/name]

Can anyone help with combinations using the names in my first post? Either with one or two middles would be good! Thank you :slight_smile:

I absolutely adore all of your sibling combinations, as well as the assigned nicknames. I especially love [name]Posey[/name] and [name]Dottie[/name], of course, as my best friend has a [name]Posey[/name] ([name]Penelope[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - [name]Posey[/name]) and we have a [name]Dottie[/name] on the way, and [name]Flora[/name] as it is my little niece’s name :slight_smile: I should add that, although I did caution against [name]Isobel[/name]'s popularity, it doesn’t detract from the fact that it is a beautiful name, and certainly a classic, despite it’s current popularity.

[name]Juliet[/name] and [name]Isobel[/name] ([name]Jules[/name] and [name]Belle[/name]) :

[name]Juliet[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] ([name]Jules[/name] and [name]Poppy[/name]) :
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Freya[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Grace[/name]

[name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] ([name]Poppy[/name] and [name]Posey[/name] - I think the matchy nicknames are very sweet, as they have distinctive full names) :
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Hannah[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Freya[/name] [name]Lillian[/name]

[name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name] ([name]Posey[/name] and [name]Dottie[/name]) :
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Amelie[/name] [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Flora[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]

[name]Isobel[/name] and [name]Flora[/name] ([name]Belle[/name] and [name]Flo[/name]) :
[name]Isobel[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Freya[/name] and [name]Flora[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Grace[/name]

[name]Flora[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name] ([name]Flo[/name] and [name]Dottie[/name]) :
[name]Flora[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Hannah[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Rosabelle[/name] [name]Grace[/name].

Good luck!

Oh my gosh, do I ever love your [name]Juliet[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] combos. They’re gorgeous!

I know what you mean about [name]Isobel[/name]. [name]Isabel[/name], [name]Isabelle[/name] and [name]Isabella[/name] are so popular that it would take the beauty out of [name]Isobel[/name]. Is [name]Isobel[/name] as popular as the others in the UK? I live in [name]Canada[/name] right now but I am British and at some point plan on moving back. I wouldn’t want a child to have a super popular name. But I haven’t heard of too many Isobels where I live right now, but tonnes and tonnes of Lilys. Hmm. I’ll have to think about [name]Isobel[/name] too…

[name]Juliet[/name] and [name]Isobel[/name] ([name]Jules[/name] and [name]Belle[/name]): I think, if I don’t care about the popularity of all [name]Isabelle[/name] variants, this is my favourite combo. Here’s what I like…
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Flora[/name] [name]May[/name] and [name]Isobel[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Grace[/name]

[name]Juliet[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] ([name]Jules[/name] and [name]Poppy[/name]): This is my favourite combination if I’m trying to avoid very popular names…
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] [name]Freya[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
or Twinkle’s [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Freya[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
or [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Belle[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Liliana[/name] [name]Grace[/name]?

[name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] ([name]Poppy[/name] and [name]Posey[/name]) :
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] [name]Lily[/name]

[name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name] ([name]Posey[/name] and [name]Dottie[/name]) :
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Flora[/name] [name]Belle[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Grace[/name]

[name]Isobel[/name] and [name]Flora[/name] ([name]Belle[/name] and [name]Flo[/name]) :
[name]Isobel[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Flora[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Lily[/name]

[name]Flora[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name] ([name]Flo[/name] and [name]Dottie[/name]):
[name]Flora[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Belle[/name]

Another problem, the kids are likely to have either a hypenated last name, or one last name in the middle spot, both which eliminate the possbility of two middles. This makes me so sad, as there are too many names I’d like to use and not enough children!

Oh my gosh, do I ever love your [name]Juliet[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] combos. They’re gorgeous!

I know what you mean about [name]Isobel[/name]. [name]Isabel[/name], [name]Isabelle[/name] and [name]Isabella[/name] are so popular that it would take the beauty out of [name]Isobel[/name]. Is [name]Isobel[/name] as popular as the others in the UK? I live in [name]Canada[/name] right now but I am British and at some point plan on moving back. I wouldn’t want a child to have a super popular name. But I haven’t heard of too many Isobels where I live right now, but tonnes and tonnes of Lilys. Hmm. I’ll have to think about [name]Isobel[/name] too…

[name]Juliet[/name] and [name]Isobel[/name] ([name]Jules[/name] and [name]Belle[/name]): I think, if I don’t care about the popularity of all [name]Isabelle[/name] variants, this is my favourite combo. Here’s what I like…
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Flora[/name] [name]May[/name] and [name]Isobel[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Grace[/name]

[name]Juliet[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] ([name]Jules[/name] and [name]Poppy[/name]): This is my favourite combination if I’m trying to avoid very popular names…
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] [name]Freya[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
or Twinkle’s [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Freya[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
or [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Belle[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Liliana[/name] [name]Grace[/name]?

[name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] ([name]Poppy[/name] and [name]Posey[/name]) :
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] [name]Lily[/name]

[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Flora[/name] [name]Belle[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Grace[/name]

[name]Isobel[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Flora[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Lily[/name]

[name]Flora[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name] ([name]Flo[/name] and [name]Dottie[/name]):
[name]Flora[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Belle[/name]

Another problem, the kids are likely to have either a hypenated last name, or one last name in the middle spot, both which eliminate the possbility of two middles. This makes me so sad, as there are too many names I’d like to use and not enough children![/quote]

Well, I’ve noticed that there are more Isabels among ages 10 and up (in my experience), while [name]Isabella[/name] is the more popular form for little girls younger than that. [name]Isobel[/name] isn’t as popular as either form, but pops up fairly often (I think I’m right in saying that it is a Scottish spelling variant of the name, and so probably appeals to parents eager to honour their Scottish heritage), and of course it does sound identical to [name]Isabel[/name] and [name]Isabelle[/name].

In 2008, these were the popularities of each :
[name]Isabelle[/name] - #17 - 2459 born
[name]Isabella[/name] - #18 - 2421 born
[name]Isabel[/name] - #50 - 1216 born
[name]Isobel[/name] - #58 - 1064 born

In addition, just [name]Izzy[/name] was #572, with 66 born, and [name]Izabelle[/name] was #578, with 65 born.
(To put this into perspective, [name]Olivia[/name], the top name, was given to 5317 baby girls.)

I adore the [name]Juliet[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] comination that you picked out, and the idea of using [name]Belle[/name] in the middle is also a great way to use one of your favourites without worrying about the popularity. [name]Eliza[/name] is a lovely variation on [name]Elizabeth[/name], too!

If you can only use one middle name, I would go for something like :
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Freya[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Flora[/name]
[name]Flora[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Lillian[/name].

Also, it would make the name long, but my opinion would be that having two middles as well as a double-barelled surname wouldn’t be a problem. I have several friends with this combination, and while their name is long on forms et cetera, middle names are not used most of the time, so it has really never been an issue for them, as far as I am aware.

Good luck!