Which do you prefer? Amelia, Anneliese or Jane?

See the results of this poll: Which is your favorite for sisters Claire and Sophia?

Respondents: 54 (This poll is closed)

• Anneliese : 21 (39%)
  • Amelia : 18 (33%)
  • Jane: 15 (28%)

I think [name]Amelia[/name] goes best with [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name]. Personally, I prefer [name]Jane[/name] but I think it sounds a little too plain next to [name]Sophia[/name]. Also, [name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Claire[/name] are both fairly popular names right now, and I think [name]Amelia[/name] fits with that better than [name]Jane[/name] or [name]Anneliese[/name].

I like [name]Anneliese[/name] best! [name]Feel[/name] it has the most personality and the cute nn [name]Annie[/name].

1. [name]Anneliese[/name]. I think this matches [name]Sophia[/name] in length and [name]Claire[/name] in style, bridging the Italian femininity of the former and the straightforward grace of the latter.
  2. [name]Jane[/name]. I think this matches [name]Claire[/name]'s short, classic style, but makes [name]Sophia[/name] the odd man out. Her name would be the longer, feminine one next to two short, English names.
  3. [name]Amelia[/name]. While I agree that [name]Amelia[/name] would be the best fit style-wise and in terms of similar popularity levels, I find [name]Amelia[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name] too similar, at least structurally (3 syllables, same ending, emphasis on the middle syllable). If [name]Amelia[/name] were always going to be called [name]Mia[/name] (or something, so it would be [name]Claire[/name], [name]Sophie[/name], and [name]Mia[/name]), then I would put [name]Amelia[/name] higher on the list.

I wondered about [name]Amelia[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name]'s similarities. Personally, it doesn’t really bother me especially since [name]Sophia[/name] would probably be [name]Sophie[/name] half the time, but it is something to consider. Thanks for your input on each name, it really helps!

I voted for [name]Jane[/name] because I think it goes best with [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Sophie[/name]/[name]Sophia[/name]. [name]Anneliese[/name] seems a little too long, although I think [name]Anne[/name], nn [name]Annie[/name] or [name]Anna[/name] would work well. And [name]Amelia[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name] do seem kind of similar to me. Other names you might like and would work well with [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name]/[name]Sophie[/name] are:

[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Diana[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Eve[/name]/[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Louise[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]

I voted [name]Anneliese[/name]…it’s currently on my top 10 w/ nn [name]Nellie[/name] too! I do also love [name]Jane[/name] though but my husband dislikes it. It’s just very simple but pretty. [name]Amelia[/name] is lovely but little too common for my taste right now but I like that you could use nn [name]Millie[/name]! All beautiful choices.

Am I misunderstanding? EVeryone is posting about the names having to go together…she’s not having 5 girls is she? She’s just making a list of top names? So really the names don’t necessarily have to sound good together?

Well, my husband comes from family of 5 boys! :slight_smile: I do want my name choices to all sound good together just in case, although I’m sure I wouldn’t end up with 5 girls. But this way I know any of the 5 I pick, whether 2 or 3, will sound good together.

1 [name]Jane[/name] - This simple and sweet name does go better with [name]Claire[/name] but it’s no big deal if you’re going to use the nn [name]Sophie[/name] for [name]Sophia[/name] anyway.

2 [name]Amelia[/name] - I don’t like the similar endings of [name]Amelia[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name] but again it will be [name]Mia[/name]/[name]Mimi[/name] and [name]Sophie[/name] so it’s not a deal-breaker.

3 [name]Anneliese[/name] - I love this [name]German[/name] name but it does seem a bit odd next to [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name].

Ok I just wasn;t sure if I had missed somewhere that it said you were naming 5 girl siblings or what! I get it now! I sitll vote [name]Anneliese[/name] but seriously they’re all very pretty choices.

1. [name]Anneliese[/name] - I [name]LOVE[/name] this name! I pronounce it anna-leese, so I think lee or lee-lee would be a good nn. [name]Even[/name] [name]Anne[/name] or [name]Annie[/name]. (I’m not overly fond of [name]Nellie[/name]/[name]Nell[/name] myself.) I do love that there are so many nn possibilities for this name!
  2. [name]Amelia[/name] - I really like this one! I think [name]Mia[/name] or [name]Lia[/name] would be good nn’s. [name]Mimi[/name] is a bit too cutesy for me.
  3. [name]Jane[/name] - This name isn’t one I’ve ever really liked much. Kind of plain for me.

As for your 1st and 2nd choices, [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name] are both beautiful.