Which do you prefer, and why?

Hi guys! [name_f]My[/name_f] top boy names for a long time running have been:
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
&
[name_m]Finnick[/name_m]

James will likely be the middle name!

Both names are very special to me for different reasons, so, with no knowledge or context as to why I like the names… Which do you instinctively prefer? (Also, if you don’t like either of them, just pick which one you dislike the least.)

1 Like

I love [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]! [name_m]Finnick[/name_m] is okay but it’s not my favourite “[name_u]Finn[/name_u]” name. I also think [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] has a much better ring to it than [name_m]Finnick[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]

Thank you for your input! What [name_u]Finn[/name_u] names do you like? :slight_smile:

My personal favourite is [name_u]Finlay[/name_u], which I know has become super popular. I also quite like [name_m]Finnian[/name_m].

tough choice but I prefer [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]! it sounds handsome and adventurous. I really like [name_m]Finnick[/name_m] too, it’s a quirky, more interesting alternative to [name_u]Finn[/name_u] or [name_u]Finley[/name_u], but has a little less sparkle for me compared to [name_m]Caspian[/name_m].

Oh, this is so difficult, I actually really love both names!
I’ve loved [name_m]Finnick[/name_m] longer, and it’s my favorite way to get to nn [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] is a newer love compared to it, but I think I love [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] a tiny bit more.
They’re both wonderful though! Handsome, sweet, literary, quirky, adventurous, brave, come with great built in nicknames! they both also sound really nice with [name_u]James[/name_u]. You can’t go wrong with either!

I prefer caspian its so handsome. Whilst [name_m]Finnick[/name_m] is ok its a lot like Finicky which means fussy. I do love [name_m]Finnian[/name_m] which is a lot like [name_m]Caspian[/name_m].

1 Like

Caspian [name_u]James[/name_u] is such a lovely name, with a really nice flow. I like [name_m]Finnick[/name_m], but the hard “k” sound next to the soft “j” sound of [name_u]James[/name_u] doesn’t flow as well for me.

Finnick!
I prefer [name_m]Casper[/name_m] to [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]

Caspian!
I like its connection to ‘The Chronicals of [name_f]Narnia[/name_f]’, but its connection to the [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_u]Sea[/name_u] is what I love most about this name. I also think [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] is very handsome!
[name_m]Finnick[/name_m] is okay, but its a bit too harsh sounding for me, I prefer other ‘[name_u]Finn[/name_u]’ names like [name_u]Finley[/name_u]!

I love [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]. Whimsical, elegant and fresh

I much prefer [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]! I love the dashing, literary vibe, and the sound is so very cool. [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] flows perfectly. I love it! <3

I like [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] better. I think both are pretty tied to a fictional reference, but [name_f]Narnia[/name_f] feels more classic and time-tested than the Hunger Games so it may stand better as a name, plus there’s also the reference to the [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_u]Sea[/name_u]. I also just prefer the sound.

3 Likes

Tough choice, but I prefer [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]! It just seems gentle and magical, and reminds me of [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]. I’ve loved [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] for a long time, and [name_m]Finnick[/name_m] is a more recent like. I do like [name_u]Finn[/name_u] names, though!

Caspian [name_u]James[/name_u] is gorgeous!

LOVE :heart_eyes:

I love both of these names individually. I also see a literary connection between these names that makes me love them even more together! Keep them both but if you have to pick one to use first I think I lean towards Caspian (even though I have more connection to Finnick). Caspian just feels like more of a big brother name to me

I like both names quite a lot, I think I slightly prefer [name_m]Finnick[/name_m] as a first name because of the nicknames [name_u]Finn[/name_u] and [name_u]Nick[/name_u], and even [name_u]Nico[/name_u]. I think [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] is great, really great, but the nicknames are not that easy. I tent to love nicknames, so that’s why I prefer [name_m]Finnick[/name_m]. But as a full name, I much prefer [name_m]Caspian[/name_m].

1 Like

Aahh I love both of them!! And [name_u]James[/name_u] is the perfect middle for them! I honestly can’t decide. Maybe [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]. It’s so strong and I love [name_m]Cap[/name_m] and [name_m]Casper[/name_m] as a nickname. I also love [name_m]Finnick[/name_m] and [name_u]Finn[/name_u]!

I prefer [name_m]Caspian[/name_m].

Caspian! It’s so handsome, and it sounds great paired with [name_u]James[/name_u]. I love the soft sound, and the fact that it’s also the name of a sea which gives it this kind of adventurous/traveller air to it. [name_m]Finnick[/name_m] is okay but it just isn’t as magical as [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], [name_u]Finn[/name_u] is a popular nickname atm & it also kinda reminds me of the word “finicky”.

1 Like

[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]! [name_m]Finnick[/name_m] seems very abrupt to me. If [name_m]Finnian[/name_m] were an option, I would have voted for that!