Which do you prefer?

So, do you prefer [name]Jane[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name] or [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]? I’m stuck! [name]Jane[/name] I’ve loved for awhile because of [name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name] and [name]Jane[/name] [name]Bennet[/name] but [name]Ivy[/name] was my very first name crush I had for over two years.

So which do you like?

Thanks!

[name]Both[/name] names are actually very similar in my opinion: they are both a mix of a beautiful, classic name ([name]Jane[/name] and [name]Catherine[/name]), and a spunky, naturey spitfire of a name ([name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Magnolia[/name]). I think you ultimately have to decide which kind of name you want in the first name spot.

Personally, I would go with [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]. [name]Ivy[/name] is adorable, spunky, and fresh, and [name]Catherine[/name] balances the name out by being her elegant, lovely, pristine self. [name]Both[/name] choices are phenomenal though, so I really don’t think you can go wrong. Good luck!

This is a hard one for me. I like both a lot; but I think, in the end, it’s about what you’re wanting to go for.

For instance, [name]Jane[/name] is a classic. [name]Jane[/name] is elegant, quiet, strong and has a lot of history to it (or so, that’s how I perceive [name]Jane[/name]). But [name]Jane[/name] can also be anything - there’s nothing necessarily “defining” it, and it can fit any type of girl. It’s sweet and has a certain ‘happy’ quality to it.

On the other hand, [name]Ivy[/name] is spunky, fun, defiant and strong-willed (again; or, at least, that’s how I see it). [name]Ivy[/name] isn’t exactly “defined” either. [name]Both[/name] [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name] are very vintage and classic.

I do have to say, however, that right now I’m absolutely enamored with [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]. [name]Ivy[/name] is all I’ve mentioned above, and then [name]Catherine[/name] is especially noble because of the honor behind it. [name]Catherine[/name] is the perfect mix of classiness, elegance and quietness that [name]Ivy[/name] needs; it also feels very reserved, whereas [name]Ivy[/name] does not. I love the mixture of the two - I think it’s absolutely brilliant! :smiley:

Then again, [name]Jane[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name] is also very beautiful; but that’s just my two-cents right now. ^-^

Hmm well they’re both very similar, but in different ways. You basically have a classic and a vintage on both names, but one its front/middle and the other is middle/front. I suppose the easiest way for you to pick for yourself is to think about what exactly the vibe you want your daughter to have is. Middle names are great and all, but theyre almost never used or mentioned. Only a handfull of people will know about [name]Magnolia[/name]/[name]Catherine[/name]. If you want people to hear your daughter say her name and think classic go with [name]Jane[/name]. If you want them to think vintage then go with [name]Ivy[/name].

They’re both great names and I don’t think you can go wrong. You just need to pick. PErsonally I like [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] just a little more, myself.

[name]Jane[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name].
So gorgeous!

[name]Jane[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name]. Timeless and never trendy.

[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Jane[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name] are both great quirky classic names! [name]Jane[/name] is an underused traditional name that really isn’t boring in my opinion, and the addition of [name]Magnolia[/name] brings whimsy and gentle flair to the simple first name. [name]Ivy[/name] is a vintage name with a lot of character - simple and sweet in its spelling, [name]Ivy[/name] packs a punch in style. [name]Catherine[/name] is the epitome of a classic name for me, in much the same way that [name]Anne[/name] or [name]Mary[/name] are. [name]Catherine[/name] is timeless and elegant and you can’t go wrong with her - she brings balance to the bohemian [name]Ivy[/name].

So, which would I pick? [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Catherine[/name], hands down. I just much prefer the relaxed, melodic flow of the name to the somewhat restricted [name]Jane[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name]. Whereas [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - which ironically sounds like either a type of [name]Magnolia[/name] or a nickname for a nature enthusiast - rolls of the tongue along the same lines that [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] does, [name]Jane[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name] falls short in being comparably abrupt. [name]Both[/name] great names, but I think you’ve found a winner in [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I think my vote is with [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Catherine[/name], too…the flow is lovely!

I really love both. [name]Jane[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name] is a gorgeous combo, but I think I’m more of a fan of [name]Ivy[/name] than [name]Jane[/name] as a first name in general. [name]Jane[/name] is still a little dull to me. [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] is great too, but I don’t like the combo as much as [name]Jane[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name]. [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name] would actually make fantastic sisters! :slight_smile:

[name]Jane[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name], hands down. I’m not too fond of the name [name]Ivy[/name], I really do like [name]Catherine[/name]. [name]Jane[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name] is gorgeous! [name]Magnolia[/name] is underused, in my opinion, and flows beautifully with [name]Jane[/name]. [name]Jane[/name] is also underused as first name.

I love [name]Ivy[/name]! You don’t hear it often, yet it is not weird and easy to spell - good traits to have in a name.