Which do you prefer?

[name]Just[/name] trying to narrow down my list a little. Out of each set, which do you prefer? Any additional comments and suggestions welcome.

1. [name]Scarlett[/name] or [name]Violet[/name]? (both would have the nickname [name]Lettie[/name])

2. [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] or [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Claire[/name]?

3. [name]Aria[/name] [name]Winter[/name], [name]Ariella[/name] [name]Winter[/name] or [name]Winter[/name] [name]Ariella[/name]?

4. [name]Aya[/name] or [name]Ayla[/name]?

and finally…

1. Which first name do you like best with the middle name [name]Claire[/name]?
    [name]Temperance[/name] [name]Claire[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Claire[/name], [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Claire[/name] or [name]Luna[/name] [name]Claire[/name]?

Thanks,
[name]Pansy[/name]

1. [name]Violet[/name] - I prefer the softness of [name]Violet[/name] over the rather harsh sounds in [name]Scarlett[/name].

2. [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Claire[/name] - Although I love [name]Ivy[/name], I think [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Claire[/name] flows better.

3. [name]Aria[/name] [name]Winter[/name] - [name]Both[/name] very beautiful names!

4. [name]Ayla[/name] - Although I’m not sure if I’m pronouncing these correctly (I say AY-uh and AY-luh), I prefer [name]Ayla[/name], just because I feel like it has more substance.

5. [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Claire[/name] - I think these names sound perfect together!

I would say the #3 set as I prefer more unusual names.

[name]Aria[/name] [name]Winter[/name] is gorgeous, but if you’re looking forward, be aware that [name]Arya[/name] of Winterfell is one of the main characters in HBO’s wildly popular “Game of Thrones” series. If the show continues for several more years, and grows even more in popularity, little [name]Aria[/name] [name]Winter[/name] might not thank you for it. :confused: [name]Just[/name] a thought.

[name]Aria[/name] [name]Winter[/name]

[name]Temperance[/name] [name]Claire[/name] - I prefer [name]Luna[/name] of those choices, but [name]Luna[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is too close to [name]Clair[/name] du [name]Lune[/name], the music.

1. Violet
  2. Ivy Scarlett
  3. Aria Winter
  4. Ayla
  5. Olivia Claire
  1. [name]Scarlett[/name]
  2. [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Claire[/name] (but only because I don’t like using word names for both first and middle–I really like the flow of [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name])
  3. [name]Aria[/name] [name]Winter[/name] (was not aware of the “Game of Thrones” reference–might be something to think about but not a huge concern unless you’re planning on calling her [name]Aria[/name] [name]Winter[/name] a lot)
  4. [name]Ayla[/name] (but to be honest, I don’t like either one very much)
  5. [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Claire[/name]

Never watched the series but I have read the book. I don’t think it should be too much of a problem since the character’s name is [name]Arya[/name] Stark and that’s usually how she’s referred to (at least in the book). Now if I wanted to name a daughter Daenerys, that would be another story. LOL.

1. [name]Scarlett[/name] or [name]Violet[/name]? (both would have the nickname [name]Lettie[/name])
    [name]Violet[/name]

2. [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] or [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Claire[/name]?
    [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]

3. [name]Aria[/name] [name]Winter[/name], [name]Ariella[/name] [name]Winter[/name] or [name]Winter[/name] [name]Ariella[/name]?
    [name]Aria[/name] [name]Winter[/name]

4. [name]Aya[/name] or [name]Ayla[/name]?
    [name]Ayla[/name]

5. Which first name do you like best with the middle name [name]Claire[/name]?
    [name]Luna[/name] [name]Claire[/name]