Which do you prefer?

This is a just for fun questions, but do you prefer [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] or [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]? Both have Greek roots, but [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] is more popular than [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] now. Is [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]'s popularity just due to the celebrity factor, or do you think there are other factors?

I prefer [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]. I’m not sure why it’s so popular in [name_u]America[/name_u]. [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] was more common a bit ago so to some it might still sound clunky/dated while I don’t think that [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] has been very popular in the past?!

Oh, that’s a tough question for me to answer! As you can see in my signature, I really love both of them. If I absolutely had to choose a preference, though, I’d probably go with [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], since it has a lot of nickname options which I always consider a plus when it comes to names. [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] just has Daph or [name_u]Daffy[/name_u], neither which I care for.

Neither of them are really my style, honestly, but I prefer [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though when I was really young, I seen this name and pronounced it “[name_m]Penn[/name_m]-ah-lope”…rhyming with cantaloupe lol. [name_u]Penny[/name_u] is a cute nn. I think both of these names are more popular across the pond though…I never really hear of Americans with these names.

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] 100%. I strongly dislike the name [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]. It sounds so clunky and awkward to me, although I know it’s very popular lately.

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] is by far my favourite. To put it lightly, I’m not a fan of [name_f]Penelope[/name_f].

I love the name [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]! I just find it so appealing. I think it sounds fun and spunky. I like [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] too, just not as much as [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]. My only hesitation about [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] (and the reason it’s not on my list) is that she would get nicknamed Daph/[name_u]Daffy[/name_u].

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] is cute, but I love [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]! As for popularity, [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]'s range of nickname options and the image of the glamorous [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_u]Cruz[/name_u] probably gave it the edge over [name_f]Daphne[/name_f].

I’ve only known one real person where I’m from (US, [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]) named [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], and I was pleasantly surprised to hear that was her name.

I agree that the nicknames have a lot to do with [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]'s popularity.

I really like both names, but I may like [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] just a tiny bit more. I like how it rolls off my tongue, and I like that I could call her [name_f]Posey[/name_f]. I actually may name a female kitten [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], to go with my male cat [name_m]Pagan[/name_m].
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] is lovely, and much simpler than [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] in my opinion. I often like names that are short and sweet. I’ve heard of siblings named [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], and I’m in love with the set.

I like them both despite their clunkiness. I like [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] as a full name more but I like that [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] can be shortened to [name_u]Penny[/name_u] which is super cute!

I used to really love [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], mostly for the loads of nicknames but [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] has been growing on me a lot lately. There’s just something spunky about it that I love. I think the nn [name_u]Daffy[/name_u] is just okay though…

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]. I hate [name_f]Penelope[/name_f].

I much prefer [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], as it’s a long-time favorite of mine. [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] feels a little trendy right now (though that would not stop me from using it if I otherwise liked it better, and I understand “trendiness” also depends a lot on social circles–overall it remains pretty rare, but personally I know of a few) whereas [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] feels like an underused gem. I also prefer the shorter length of [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]–four syllables is a bit long for me. Though [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] does have some pretty fun nickname options in its favor, [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] simply doesn’t need a nickname!

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]!!!

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]! I think it’s cute. [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] isn’t bad, but I’m not fond of the nickname options.