Which do you prefer?

See the results of this poll: Pick one:

Respondents: 41 (This poll is closed)

• Emma Rose Carter : 32 (78%)
  • Emma Claire Carter: 9 (22%)

bumpbumpbump

I love both names individually, but I think [name_f]Rose[/name_f] sounds better with your last name. [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_u]Carter[/name_u] is beautiful!

You could also do [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]/[name_f]Emmaline[/name_f], which is much less popular and would still give you [name_f]Emma[/name_f] or [name_f]Emmie[/name_f] as a nickname.

Thank you for your feedback! Yes, I love [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Emmaline[/name_f]! I’m worried people would read the name and think it’s pronounced [name_f]Emme[/name_f]-leen/[name_f]Emma[/name_f]-leen…do you think this might be an issue? I have tried convincing hubby to like [name_f]Emmaline[/name_f] (pronounced [name_f]Emma[/name_f]-line, like [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]), but so far he won’t budge on [name_f]Emma[/name_f]. :stuck_out_tongue:

I would definitely pronounce them both as [name_f]Emma[/name_f]-[name_f]Line[/name_f]. [name_m]Even[/name_m] if someone else pronounces it as [name_f]Emma[/name_f]-leen at first, I don’t think it would be too hard to correct them. [name_f]Emmaline[/name_f] would give your daughter more options, but just [name_f]Emma[/name_f] is great too :slight_smile:

You’re right. Thanks so much!! [name_f]Emmaline[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_u]Carter[/name_u] does sound really pretty :slight_smile:

I know a little girl named [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] C. and I think it’s a nice name. I prefer [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] to [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f], but I will say sometimes people get confused and think [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is a double barrel name and she gets “[name_f]Emma[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f]”

Hm, that’s something I hadn’t thought of. Thanks for offering a different perspective!

I ever so slightly prefer [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f].

Thanks! I like how [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] sounds standing alone, but not sure if it clashes with our last name.