Which family middle name for Gwendolyn?

See the results of this poll: Which combo do you like best?

Respondents: 63 (This poll is closed)

• Gwendolyn June : 22 (28%)
  • Gwendolyn Rose : 24 (30%)
  • Gwendolyn Anne : 7 (9%)
  • Gwendolyn Fern : 15 (19%)
  • Gwendolyn Gray : 10 (13%)
  • Something else…: 2 (3%)

What about [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Roseanne[/name_f]? :slight_smile:

I really like [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f]-- it sounds fresh and I love the connection to NZ.

[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]! I’m not especially fond of [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] {I prefer [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]}, but it still sounds sweet when paired with [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] would be so pretty, too <3

[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is nice, although I find [name_f]Rose[/name_f] to be a filler. [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f] is very lovely too.

[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Rachel[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Vera[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]

My favorite is [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f]. [name_f]Fern[/name_f] is such an unexpected middle and I like that it would remind you of your home when you live far away.

@uniquenamelover - I don’t disagree with you about [name_f]Rose[/name_f] being a filler when people are just looking for a random, pretty middle name, but it has meaning to me so I don’t consider it to be a filler in my case.

[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] - my middle name, so I wouldn’t use it for my daughter
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] - my grandmother [name_f]Rose[/name_f]'s middle name, I’ll add it to the list!
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] - my boyfriend’s cousins name, so wouldn’t use it for that reason only
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] - very cute! I like the [name_f]Alice[/name_f] in Wonderland connection
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] - a little longer than I’d like with such a long first name
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] - one of my best friend’s names so not an option
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] - pretty!
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Vera[/name_f] - I am loving [name_f]Vera[/name_f] at the moment. No family connection, but I’ll definitely consider it!
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] - too popular
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] - nms, but it does make me think [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] could be pretty if it weren’t so long!
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] - my boyfriend’s grandmother is a [name_f]Mary[/name_f] and I’d prefer to honor his side of the family with the next name
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] - nms

Did you know Jimmy Fallon named his daughter Winnie Rose? I think it’s adorable too!

My only worry with [name_f]Fern[/name_f] is that each name would end with ‘n’.

[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f] ‘[name_m]Preston[/name_m]’

Too much?

When I say the whole name aloud, there’s a pause between [name_f]Fern[/name_f] and ‘[name_m]Preston[/name_m]’ for me so it doesn’t sound bad or like it jars with each other. I think it works.

[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f]!

I just realised that another way to honor all of the family members (nana, mum, dad) born in [name_u]June[/name_u] would be with the middle name [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], which is the birth stone for the month of [name_u]June[/name_u].

[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] ‘[name_m]Preston[/name_m]’

(surname name doesn’t start with P, don’t worry!)

[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] for sure! I see [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is leading the poll, but [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is just so commonly used as a middle. It’d be nice to see you change things up by using [name_u]June[/name_u].

Well, I am in the minority. My vote went to [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_u]Gray[/name_u].
I am not a fan of [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f], but I like the double G’s and [name_f]Gigi[/name_f] nickname possibility. You’re going with [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] though, I see. Still, I think that [name_u]Gary[/name_u] morphed into [name_u]Gray[/name_u] is very creative!
I love the new addition of [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] a lot. [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is adorable.

My favorite choice was [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] until you mentioned [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], which I think is a much more striking combo (although by itself, I like [name_f]Rose[/name_f] more than [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]). Thus, I ended up voting for [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and “something else” (meaning [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]).

I voted for [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f]. Stunning. My second vote would be for [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u].

Thanks, I like that [name_u]June[/name_u] is a little unexpected too in a world full of [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_f]Hope[/name_f] and [name_f]Marie[/name_f].

Well, I’m going to call her [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] but my boyfriend isn’t as in love with that as he is the first name, so he might called her [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] - [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_u]Gray[/name_u] or “[name_f]Gigi[/name_f]” would give him another lovely choice though!

I voted before I saw this, but I think you should use [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] for sure.

I honestly think it’s the best combination out of all of them. And on top of that, it still honors your family members. :slight_smile:

My second place would be [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u].

I think you can call her [name_f]Gigi[/name_f] anyway. I don’t think that nicknames have to be so literal that you can only get [name_f]Gigi[/name_f] if you name her [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_u]Gray[/name_u].

Thanks everyone, even though I think [name_f]Rose[/name_f] sounds and looks the prettiest to me (esp. [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]), I think it would always bother me that it would be seen as an overly popular middle name of the time.

Before I posted this poll, [name_u]June[/name_u] was my favourite. It honoured the most family members and my boyfriend and I both had ‘J’ as a middle initial ([name_f]Jane[/name_f] and [name_m]John[/name_m]) so it felt like something special we could share with our daughter too.

However, I am really leaning towards [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] now. It feels a little old fashioned like [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f], but somehow a little more ‘fresh’ than [name_u]June[/name_u]. It still honours my mum, dad and the grandmother I was closest to by being the birthstone for the month [name_u]June[/name_u].

Added bonus: [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] also reminds me of my mum & dad’s first house (and mine for a couple of years after I was born). It was an area called Gemstone Drive and every street was named after a gem. Although we lived on [name_f]Crystal[/name_f] [name_u]Grove[/name_u], and there was no street named [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], any jewel names always make me think of my beginnings in life.

I think [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] would be the perfect choice. It has such meaning to you and that’s touching.