Which first+middle name do you like best

Which name do you like best? I am open to middle name suggestions. I am starting to really like [name]Pearl[/name] as a middle name. [name]Rose[/name] might be a common filler name as a middle, but if it works, I am ok with it.

[name]Willow[/name] [name]Scout[/name] Marinaccio
[name]Willow[/name] [name]Quinn[/name] Marinaccio
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Scout[/name] Marinaccio
[name]Freya[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] Marinaccio
[name]Freya[/name] [name]Snow[/name] Marinaccio
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Rose[/name] Marinaccio (*you can change the spelling to [name]Annabelle[/name])
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Aria[/name] Marinaccio (does this need to be flipped to [name]Aria[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] for flow?)
[name]Scarlett[/name] _____ Marinaccio (I need some middle name suggestions for [name]Scarlett[/name]!)
[name]Amelie[/name] _____ Marinaccio (I need some middle name suggestions for [name]Amelie[/name]!)

Is [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Rose[/name] too boring? I think it sounds pretty, but am a little afraid that “belle” names are becoming overused, and [name]Rose[/name] is overused as a middle. I still like the way [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Rose[/name] sounds though. What are your thoughts?

Thanks!
[name]Amanda[/name]

From your list, my favorites are [name]Annabel[/name], [name]Amelie[/name], and [name]Athena[/name]. [name]Willow[/name] rhymes with your last name and is a bit hippyish, and I don’t think [name]Scout[/name] and [name]Quinn[/name] really balance [name]Willow[/name]'s whimsicality very well. I’ve heard [name]Freya[/name] is very trendy in the UK, but that’s not really a reason to eliminate it from the list-- I don’t know of a single [name]Freya[/name] in the US. It’s a pretty name. [name]Freya[/name] [name]Snow[/name] Marinaccio sounds like a nursery rhyme to me, so I prefer [name]Freya[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]. I’ve never been a fan of [name]Scarlett[/name]-- it’s very trendy, and I can’t see it aging very well.

[name]Athena[/name] is great, but I don’t think I could pull it off, personally, but I would love to see a little [name]Athena[/name]. I think you need a more classic middle for [name]Athena[/name]; [name]Scout[/name] seems a little silly. I love [name]Annabel[/name]! Yes, [name]Rose[/name] is a filler middle name, but it’s a lovely name, and [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is very nice. I would stick with that spelling. [name]Amelie[/name] is also lovely, and sounds wonderful with your last name. Middles:

[name]Amelie[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name] [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name] [name]Maia[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name] [name]Julia[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name] [name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name] [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name] [name]Tessa[/name]

[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Cora[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Sylvie[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Verity[/name]

[name]Amanda[/name],

My favorite is [name]Scarlett[/name] Marinaccio! That’s feminine and spunky without being too delicate. I think [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Aria[/name] is alright, but [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Aria[/name] both have the same “ar” sound, which doesn’t add much for interest. What about [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rose[/name] Marinaccio? I know [name]Rose[/name] is a bit of a filler, but [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is so pretty - just ask Crunchy Mama, because she has a little [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rose[/name]!

I also think [name]Annabel[/name] is really cute, and I don’t think [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is too boring. Yeah, it might not be the most exciting, and [name]Annabel[/name] is going to climb the charts, I’d imagine, so you could try a bolder “belle” name, like [name]Mirabelle[/name] Marinaccio - fun alliteration! - or [name]Christabel[/name] Marinaccio. Actually, [name]Arabella[/name] [name]Rose[/name] Marinaccio is one of my favorites!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Scout[/name] is a middle name that my boyfriend loves, though I have some reservations about it. I loved it on the character from TKAM, but feel that it’s not versatile.

I love [name]Amelie[/name] [name]Claire[/name], [name]Amelie[/name] [name]Maia[/name], and [name]Amelie[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name].
I also love [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Cora[/name], [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Daphne[/name], and [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Ivy[/name].

I think that for [name]Annabel[/name] names, we’d choose either [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]. Which do you like better?

Also, I’m surprised that you think that [name]Athena[/name] is a name that someone would have to be able to “pull off”. Is it really that strange? When I think of the name, it doesn’t strike me as a name that’s ‘out there’. Is it?

[name]Hi[/name] lemon.
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is pretty. It turns [name]Scarlett[/name] into an adjective though, since roses are red, and I’m not so sure how I feel about that. It sort of has the same feel as [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] in my mind, since a ruby is scarlett. Hmm…What do you think of [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]? Is that cheesy sounding?

[name]Mirabelle[/name] is pretty. [name]Christabel[/name] is a little bit religious sounding to me, and neither of us is religious. [name]Christabel[/name] would make my family feel uncomfortable, since my heritage is Jewish, and we don’t typically give “christ” names. [name]Arabella[/name] is beautiful, but maybe a little more princessy sounding than [name]Annabel[/name]. From your “belle” suggestions, I like [name]Mirabelle[/name], nn [name]Mira[/name].

Question:

We keep trying to dig into family names to find a name that we like, probably just as a middle name. On my boyfriend’s side, the possible names to name after are generally strange and unusable: [name]Myrtle[/name] and [name]Ione[/name] (prn i-OWN). His Mom’s name is [name]Dorothy[/name], which I think is the most usable out of his relative’s names, but for some reason, I’m not too sure of it. It feels like it’s still attached to one generation, and would seem strange on a child now. I don’t hate it, but am afraid that my daughter will feel out of place in a sea of Makenzies with an “old lady name”. Aside from the “old lady” thing, the sound of [name]Dorothy[/name] is a little harsh to me. I also hate the nickname [name]Dottie[/name], and [name]Dora[/name] is too reminiscent of [name]Dora[/name] the explorer. [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Dorothy[/name] can be used? What are your thoughts on [name]Dorothy[/name]?

On my side of the family, the names are not any better. My family has a tradition where you can only name after dead relatives, because giving names of live relatives causes the live relatives to get the “evil eye”. As far as dead relatives go, there is my great uncle [name]Sydney[/name], and my grandma [name]Genya[/name]. I hate the name [name]Sydney[/name] for a boy and for a girl, and [name]Genya[/name] requires a pronunciation guide. So I think that if we’re going to give a family name, the best choice is my bf’s mom [name]Dorothy[/name].

[name]Do[/name] you think [name]Dorothy[/name] is too long as a middle name, considering our long last name?

[/quote]

[name]AMANDA[/name],

Well, I definitely wouldn’t use [name]Dorothy[/name] as a first name considering you don’t like any of its nicknames and you don’t love the name itself. I agree with you that it is a bit more clunky and musty than other vintage names, like [name]Hazel[/name] and [name]Violet[/name], but it is definitely coming back. I’m glad you like [name]Mirabelle[/name], though, and [name]Mira[/name] is a really cute nickname! [name]Mira[/name] Marinaccio is actually quite fun to say with all the repeated sounds, right? What about something like [name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Dorothy[/name] Marinaccio? It’s playful yet still honors family. It is a long name, but I don’t think the flow is off, which makes it sound good. [name]Do[/name] you like that?

I think [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] sounds very nice, but I find that more cheesy than [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. If the adjective thing bothers you, I wouldn’t use that, for sure!

I also think names like [name]Nina[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] Marinaccio, [name]Sela/name [name]Scout[/name] Marinaccio, [name]Sela/name [name]Scarlett[/name] Marinaccio, [name]Sela/name [name]Dorothy[/name] Marinaccio, [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Rose[/name] Marinaccio, or [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Amandine[/name] Marinaccio would be pretty. Oh, wait, would [name]Amandine[/name] be that “evil eye” thing because it honors you? Better scratch that one off! [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is cute with Marinaccio, but I think [name]Sela/name is such a fun one! It’s Hebrew, so it could honor your Jewish heritage. Good luck!

[name]LEMON[/name] :slight_smile:

I actually think [name]Dorothy[/name] is really cute, but since you don’t love it, I wouldn’t use it as a fn. I think my favorite with the mn [name]Dorothy[/name] would be [name]Freya[/name] [name]Dorothy[/name]. Off of your list, I like [name]Freya[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] the best:)

[name]Hi[/name] amanda!
I had to comment when I saw your post about family names. I am not a fan of [name]Dorothy[/name] at ALL (so sorry) but I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Ione[/name]. I have a friend named [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Ione[/name] and I think it is lovely!! If you don’t think [name]Ione[/name] flows the best, I also love [name]Iona[/name]. FYI. :slight_smile:

As for the -belle names, I do like [name]Annabel[/name], but I think all the nicknames are quite popular - [name]Anna[/name], [name]Annie[/name], [name]Anne[/name], or [name]Belle[/name]. This may or may not bother you, but that’s why I prefer the name [name]Arabella[/name]. I just love this one!! [name]Ara[/name] is such a cute nn, and you could also do [name]Bella[/name] or [name]Belle[/name]. I wish I’d heard of this name when I named [name]Gabriella[/name]…I might have gone with it instead! :slight_smile: Oh, wait, nevermind…I’m sure [name]Brent[/name] wouldn’t have approved, anyway! Oh, and I really do like [name]Mirabelle[/name], too. [name]Mira[/name] is pretty cute.

As for middles, I do think [name]Rose[/name] is a bit overused, but it does go well with lots of names. I do prefer [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Ivy[/name], though; it has great flow!

[name]Freya[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] is my favorite. [name]Scarlett[/name] is pretty but not too sure if [name]Aria[/name] fits as a middle name.