Which first name do you like?

See the results of this poll: Which name do you prefer?

Respondents: 85 (This poll is closed)

• Isla : 33 (34%)
  • Isabel : 29 (30%)
  • Ivy: 34 (35%)

I have bad associations with the name [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], so if I was going for a short I nature name, I would personally go with [name_f]Iris[/name_f]. [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] is pretty, though I prefer the [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] spelling. DH and I have considered that as a middle name many times for our little girl. Of the three names, I’d say [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is my favorite. It’s short, sweet, and not terribly popular where I’m from. =]

[name_f]Isabel/name_f (and all it’s spelling variations) are too popular for my personal taste, but I adore both [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]!

I voted [name_f]Isabel[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] is a close second. Both names have very positive, happy associations for me. My only hesitation with [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is pronunciation issues (Iz-la, or Eye-la) that you’ll have to correct.

I vote isla!

You can always use the name Islabel

Thanks! Looks (from the poll), it’s pretty evenly split. I started out loving [name_f]Isla[/name_f], but now I think I prefer [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]. DP likes [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], but if we went that route, I would want [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] – [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] is too girly for my taste. My mom recently suggested [name_f]Ida[/name_f] as well.

[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] followed by [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and lastly [name_f]Ivy[/name_f].

I chose [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] but honestly I think that any of them work and that you really can’t go wrong.

You are less likely to run into an [name_f]Isla[/name_f] or [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] on the playground at this point. Though I do know an [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and an [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], both around the age of 7. I voted [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], I have a serious lean towards nature names lately though.

Today, it’s [name_f]Isla[/name_f]. But another day it could be any of three. All great choices, you can’t go wrong!

[name_f]Isabel[/name_f]! Although I prefer [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] personally, as my signature attests. :stuck_out_tongue: I do like [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], and love [name_f]Isla[/name_f], though, and I’d happily give my vote to either [name_f]Isla[/name_f] or [name_f]Isabel[/name_f], but [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] does have my heart, 1000 times over. :smiley:

I have an [name_f]Isla[/name_f], so I’m biased! [name_f]Iris[/name_f] might be another suggestion in addition to [name_f]Ida[/name_f]. Maybe knowing planned middles or middle options might help decide?

Not an [name_f]Isla[/name_f] fan, but I really like the other two!

I voted for [name_f]Isabel[/name_f], but it was a hard choice, especially between this and [name_f]Isla[/name_f]…