Which flower name do you prefer

From the ones you mentioned I love [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and I think they would go along well as sisters

Outside the names you have mentioned I love [name_f]Primrose[/name_f], [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]

1 Like

Rose, [name_f]Poppy[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] and [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]!

1 Like

On its own, [name_f]Violet[/name_f].

I love the rest as nicknames though!
[name_f]Lily[/name_f] from [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] from [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f] from [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]

Rose is nice on its own and in many of its more elaborate forms.

1 Like

Lily :heart:

1 Like

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] is my favorite flower, and also my favorite floral name.

1 Like

I love so many! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] and [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. Others I likeā€¦

Snowdrop
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavender[/name_f]
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_f]Azalea[/name_f]
[name_f]Chrysanthemum[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Jasmine[/name_f]

1 Like

Iā€™m not huge on a lot of the ā€œpopularā€ flower names, but I do quite like:

Rose (but I prefer variants like [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f])
[name_f]Lily[/name_f] (but I prefer variants like [name_f]Lila[/name_f])
[name_f]Lavender[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]
[name_f]Zinnia[/name_f]

For boys, I also love [name_u]Astor[/name_u] and [name_u]Indigo[/name_u].

1 Like

I want to love [name_f]Poppy[/name_f], but the Trolls connotation is getting in my way! :sleepy: [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite would have to be [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. It was the name of my great grandmother, and the nickname [name_f]Vi[/name_f] is so cute!

That list is so amazing! I really have been liking [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] lately, too!

1 Like

Rose. If I had to name my daughter one of these name I would chose [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

2 Likes

Rose :grin: 1, itā€™s the name of a relative, and 2, itā€™s just really pretty. You canā€™t go wrong with [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

2 Likes

I know, right? :cry:

2 Likes

Violet

That list is so fun! Wish I was brave enough to use [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] especially with the [name_u]Anne[/name_u] of [name_u]Green[/name_u] Gables connection

2 Likes

Either [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or [name_f]Daisy[/name_f].

They both honour my grandmothers in a way. One of my grandmothers has a [name_f]Rose[/name_f] name, so thatā€™s obvious. The other was [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] and the words for [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] in Romance languages is similar to [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] (ex: margarita in Spanish).

1 Like

I love [name_f]Poppy[/name_f], but I think itā€™s a bit too cutesy to use as a full name. Obviously many people disagree as it is a very high ranking name at the moment in the UK, but I struggle to imagine [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] on a grown woman.
I really like [name_f]Violet[/name_f].
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Lily[/name_f] Iā€™m not such a big fan on as they have been popular for a long time. I prefer them as potential nicknames to things like [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Lilia[/name_f], [name_f]Liliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] I just feel rather neutral about.

Fun fact, I know sisters called [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] andā€¦ [name_f]Polly[/name_f]. I misread [name_f]Polly[/name_f] as [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] at first, but she is named after Polyanthus

2 Likes

Theyā€™re all lovely but you canā€™t beat the classic [name_f]Rose[/name_f] :heart:

1 Like

Poppy and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] are my favorites

1 Like

Rose (fn only) or [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]

1 Like

Violet! [name_f]Rose[/name_f] I only love as a middle.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. I have a friend whose daughtersā€™ middle names are all flower names: [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f], [name_f]Azalea[/name_f], and [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f].

1 Like

Here is a video with lots of ā€˜Vintage Botanical Namesā€™.

2 Likes