Which girl name combo do you like best!? (First and middle)

Congratulations :tada:

[name_f]My[/name_f] thoughtsā€¦

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] ~ I love how wholesome and elegant this name is. [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] is really pretty she has range of sweet nicknames such as [name_f]Tilly[/name_f], [name_u]Mattie[/name_u], [name_f]Tilda[/name_f] & [name_f]Tilla[/name_f]. Iā€™m also a sucker for [name_f]Kate[/name_f] sheā€™s so sweet.

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] ~ very romantic I love [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] but [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] is increasing popularity sheā€™s so popular where I am so me I have a concern she could become a fast fashion name. I would go with [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] which is getting more attention but not as much as [name_f]Ivy[/name_f].

[name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Beth[/name_f] ~ I like [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] & I like [name_f]Beth[/name_f] but not keen on two nicknames together I think [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] works better

[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] ~ I absolutely love [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] sheā€™s so preppy and pretty a really elegant vibrant choice I think she is getting more attention especially due to Bridgerton but I do love her sheā€™s worthy of all the attention. [name_f]Violet[/name_f] sounds stunning with [name_f]Eloise[/name_f].

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites are [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] & [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] they are so beautiful šŸ«¶šŸ»šŸ«¶šŸ»

If it was me I would take both names to the delivery room and see which one fits her the best if you do indeed have a girl.

Good luck

2 Likes

Your choices are beautiful!!
I think [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] is my fave, my second pick being [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]

1 Like

I think youā€™re right with [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] running into our surname slightly! Although the ā€œeeseā€ sound seems to much less than something like [name_m]Silas[/name_m] for instance. But I wonder if it would end up bothering meā€¦ I love it when names flow well!

[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] is lovely but it actually rhymes with my first name :rofl:

We have ended up loving the alliteration too! Thanks so much for your kind feedback :heartpulse:

1 Like

Thanks for all your thoughts :slight_smile:

I actually hadnā€™t even considered that [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] and [name_f]Beth[/name_f] are both technically nicknames! :scream:
I think probably because [name_f]Beth[/name_f] is a family name and [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] has become a lot more mainstream. But I wonder if other people would see it in the same light and it might not feel ā€œcomplete.ā€ We also loved [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] - do you have thoughts on that verses [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]? (I actually know of a [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] so am not sure Iā€™d want to go there).

I keep feeling like we need ā€œtheā€ name before he/she comes, but maybe we will just wait and see like you said. We love them all but just arenā€™t quite sure what fits best :heartbeat:

I will say, I agree that [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] is super appealing because of the nn potential. I especially adore [name_u]Mattie[/name_u] and [name_f]Tilly[/name_f]. So sweet!

1 Like

oh your combos are so perfect !!

if i had to pick a favourite, it would be the darling ivy juliet, with matilda kate second. i just love the way they sound and feel !

1 Like

Thatā€™s so sweet of you to say!!

1 Like

@Ruth94 I understand where your coming from of course [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] is a really established name and very mainstream it just felt really nicknamey teamed with [name_f]Beth[/name_f]. [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Beth[/name_f] is very sweet but I think in comparison to the rest of your list sheā€™s lacking something. I felt that [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] gave the overall name a bit more gravitas seemed to be more in keeping with the other names. However completely understand why you would be hesitant as you know a [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. Another idea that could work is [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Bethan[/name_f]. [name_f]Bethan[/name_f] is a Welsh diminutive of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] clearly using the namesake of [name_f]Beth[/name_f] but I think adds more gravitas to [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]. [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Bethan[/name_f] is sweet. I love [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] thatā€™s so pretty, light and airy. I completely understand about wanting the name before your little one comes (I was/am the same) but sometimes waiting till the little one comes seeing each one feels right works wonders! Good luck

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] them all! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite is [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]

1 Like

Thatā€™s so funny about [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] rhyming with your name :joy:
I love [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Isobel[/name_f]! It feels more unexpected than [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and more substantial than [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Beth[/name_f]. But I also think two nickname names is only a problem if you think it is. :relaxed:

1 Like

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] at #1 and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] as #2 for me

2 Likes

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] is so sweet and spunky!! That oneā€™s definitely my favorite. I also love your other options, but this one stands out to me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I adore [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]! And [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is a close second! Honestly, all four are such lovely combos!

1 Like

[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]!

2 Likes

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] :heart:

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] :sparkles:

2 Likes

Thank you!!

Thank you, thatā€™s really helpful to hear. I thought it might sound a little more formal but glad to hear you think it still has a bit of spunky flair. We absolutely love it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thatā€™s so nice of you. Thanks for the input!

They are all lovely but Iā€™m leaning toward [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]

1 Like