Which girl names for my sibset?

See the results of this poll: Which girl names for the sibset?

Respondents: 93 (This poll is closed)

• Ramona, Bruce and Mabel : 47 (26%)
  • Ramona, Bruce and Lucinda : 25 (14%)
  • Ramona, Bruce and Cordelia : 21 (11%)
  • Ramona, Bruce and Leonora : 18 (10%)
  • Ramona, Bruce and Ida : 5 (3%)
  • Ramona, Bruce and Meriel : 5 (3%)
  • Ramona, Bruce and Eudora : 7 (4%)
  • Ramona, Bruce and Alma : 11 (6%)
  • Ramona, Bruce and Maxine : 29 (16%)
  • Ramona, Bruce and Henrietta: 15 (8%)

Before I even saw the poll, my first thought was [name]Mabel[/name] or [name]Amabel[/name]! Clearly, I think it fits in perfectly! I also really like [name]Lucinda[/name] and [name]Leonora[/name] with Bruch and [name]Ramona[/name].

[name]Mabel[/name] or [name]Maxine[/name] would be absolutely perfect.

Thanks, is [name]Maxine[/name] really useable? I think it has a similar spunky feel to [name]Ramona[/name]…

anyone else? Does [name]Maxine[/name] have too strong of a maxi-pad association?

[name]Ramona[/name] and [name]Bruce[/name] are both such strong, fiery, opinionated names, so (for me) [name]Cordelia[/name], [name]Leonora[/name], [name]Lucinda[/name] and [name]Meriel[/name] are out.
I really love [name]Maxine[/name]! It’s beautiful, spunky and fun! [name]Alma[/name] and [name]Mabel[/name] are really good ones as well, but [name]Maxine[/name] is light years ahead of them.

I voted for [name]Cordelia[/name]. I have always thought that [name]Tabitha[/name] is a perfect sister for [name]Ramona[/name] as well.

Thanks everyone! [name]Tabitha[/name] is a great name that is one of those ones that was ruined for me by a [name]Tabitha[/name] I knew in college. A similar name that I love is [name]Tallulah[/name] but DH vetoed. [name]Maxine[/name] is really growing on me…
What about [name]Cornelia[/name] vs [name]Cordelia[/name], does [name]Cornelia[/name] work better?

[name]Cornelia[/name] is much better. It’s in the same league as [name]Maxine[/name] actually. Sass, spunk and fun!

Thanks Ottillie! I am thinking [name]Cornelia[/name] is a better fit too…

Right now I am feeling like my short list looks like:
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Cornelia[/name]
[name]Maxine[/name] (loving this one more and more!)
[name]Lucinda[/name] (or maybe [name]Lucille[/name]?)
[name]Alma[/name]

Ooh, I like [name]Lucille[/name]! My ranking:

[name]Maxine[/name] & [name]Cornelia[/name] (a tie!)
[name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Alma[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]

I love [name]Maxine[/name] and [name]Mabel[/name] as choices. I see no reason to worry about using [name]Maxine[/name].

I think [name]Ramona[/name], [name]Bruce[/name], and [name]Mable[/name] sound great.

I actually don’t think any of those names fit well with [name]Bruce[/name]. The ones that I think fit better are [name]Henrietta[/name], just because [name]Henri[/name] and [name]Bruce[/name] sound good together to me, or [name]Bruce[/name] and [name]Alma[/name], since they both are kind of consonant heavy.

I know you didn’t include it, but I really think [name]Bruce[/name] and [name]Emma[/name] sound cute together; both short, kind of spunky, but contrast well because they are clearly masculine and feminine. I think that’s important when pairing [name]Bruce[/name] with a girl’s name; short and contrasting, masculine and feminine!

According to me, [name]Ramona[/name] or [name]Bruce[/name] could be very good, because both sounds very nice to me. If I was there on your place then definitely go with one of these two for sure. I think you should go with it.

I think [name]Mabel[/name], [name]Lucinda[/name] or [name]Leonora[/name] would be a great it with [name]Ramona[/name] & [name]Bruce[/name]!

[name]Lucinda[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name] and [name]Leanora[/name] all seem like great options to me.

I voted [name]Mabel[/name] but I also love [name]Lucinda[/name] nn [name]Indi[/name]! I’d much rather [name]Harriet[/name] than [name]Henrietta[/name] they would be my first choice if it was an option…

With [name]Ramona[/name] and [name]Bruce[/name], I like [name]Lucinda[/name] and [name]Alma[/name] the best. I also think [name]Ida[/name], [name]Eudora[/name], [name]Maxine[/name] and [name]Henrietta[/name] fit well.

Other names that I think work well…

[name]Ramona[/name], [name]Bruce[/name] & [name]Lavinia[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name], [name]Bruce[/name] & [name]Theresa[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name], [name]Bruce[/name] & [name]Margot[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name], [name]Bruce[/name] & [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name], [name]Bruce[/name] & [name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name], [name]Bruce[/name] & [name]Jacqueline[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name], [name]Bruce[/name] & [name]Claudia[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name], [name]Bruce[/name] & [name]Justine[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name], [name]Bruce[/name] & [name]Rosalind[/name] (if you don’t mind two ‘R’ names)

I love [name]Cordelia[/name] and [name]Leonora[/name] with [name]Ramona[/name] and [name]Bruce[/name]!