Which Girl's Name?

See the results of this poll: Which girl’s name would you choose?

Respondents: 41 (This poll is closed)

• Anna: 5 (12%)
  • Caroline: 10 (24%)
  • Charlotte: 12 (29%)
  • Claire : 8 (20%)
  • Emily: 1 (2%)
  • Julianne: 5 (12%)

I chose [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Claire[/name]–both are popular but I love them.

I also like [name]Anna[/name], that was in 3rd place.

[name]Emily[/name] is overexposed and has its its charm. [name]Julianne[/name] feels a bit dated–do you like [name]Juliet[/name] or [name]Juliana[/name]?

Thanks for your input. I like both [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Claire[/name]. [name]Julianne[/name] does sound dated…I guess I like [name]Juliana[/name] better.

Any comments are welcome.

My choice out of those is [name]Charlotte[/name] nn [name]Lottie[/name]. I should add that i’m not a ‘classic name’ kinda girl tho. I have [name]Lottie[/name] on my girl name list, tho as a nickname for [name]Elliot[/name] x

[name]Lottie[/name] is adorable!

[name]Lottie[/name] is adorable![/quote]

If you like [name]Lottie[/name], do you like [name]Colette[/name], nickname [name]Lettie[/name]? It’s another “C” name, and it’s pretty close to [name]Charlotte[/name], yet more unique.
You might also like [name]Charlotta[/name] or [name]Carlotta[/name], nickname [name]Lottie[/name]–those are two more less popular versions of [name]Charlotte[/name].

I’m a classic girl, too! My favorites are [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name] - both are feminine without the frills, which is generally my preference, and they are both sweet and sophisticated, while also being gentle and spunky. [name]Charlotte[/name] can be shortened to [name]Charlie[/name] or [name]Lottie[/name], though I love it in full, whereas [name]Caroline[/name] is just as lovely when shortened to [name]Cara[/name] and [name]Carrie[/name].

I’m not exactly sure what a traditional Irish surname is, but if it ends in an N, a la O’[name]Sullivan[/name], I’d opt for [name]Charlotte[/name]. If not, and your surname is more along the lines of Coogan (my Irish great-grandmother was [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Jane[/name] Coogan), [name]Kelly[/name], or [name]Gallagher[/name], either name is just as lovely.

Best of luck!

I’m a classic girl, too! My favorites are [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name] - both are feminine without the frills, which is generally my preference, and they are both sweet and sophisticated, while also being gentle and spunky. [name]Charlotte[/name] can be shortened to [name]Charlie[/name] or [name]Lottie[/name], though I love it in full, whereas [name]Caroline[/name] is just as lovely when shortened to [name]Cara[/name] and [name]Carrie[/name].

I’m not exactly sure what a traditional Irish surname is, but if it ends in an N, a la O’[name]Sullivan[/name], I’d opt for [name]Charlotte[/name]. If not, and your surname is more along the lines of Coogan (my Irish great-grandmother was [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Jane[/name] Coogan), [name]Kelly[/name], or [name]Gallagher[/name], either name is just as lovely.

Best of luck![/quote]

Those are my favorites too. All your names are nice though, beautiful and classic.

Best of luck![/quote]

Those are my favorites too. All your names are nice though, beautiful and classic.[/quote]

Thanks for the help!

That was a really tough choice! They’re all great names and you can’t go wrong.
In the end, I went with the names I would be most likely to use myself and voted for [name]Charlotte[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name] [name]Lottie[/name]) and [name]Julianne[/name] (especially since I see you might change that to [name]Juliana[/name], which I think is even more beautiful and which lends itself to using [name]Anna[/name] as well as a nn, but I do like [name]Julianne[/name] too - reminds me of [name]Julianne[/name] [name]Moore[/name], who I think is very beautiful and a great actress).

[name]Do[/name] you like [name]Clara[/name]?

[name]Clara[/name] seems more old-fashioned to me than [name]Claire[/name], although I don’t know why I feel that way!

[name]Anna[/name] - a beautiful classic. This got one of my votes.
[name]Caroline[/name] - beautiful and flows nicely off the tongue; this got my other vote.
[name]Charlotte[/name] - I think [name]Lottie[/name] is an adorable nn, but I’m just personally not fond of the name as a whole. It is a nice, classic choice, though.
[name]Claire[/name] - it seems a little plain to me … I love [name]Clara[/name], though.
[name]Emily[/name] - this was very popular not so many years ago, and is very close to the uber-popular [name]Emma[/name] now, so I would personally avoid this one.
[name]Julianne[/name] - not the prettiest of your options, in my opinion.

I think [name]Anna[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] would be a ridiculously lovely combination!