Which is a cooler name?

[name_f]Luna[/name_f] or [name_u]Artemis[/name_u]? I’d combine them for first/middle, but I’m not about to make the [name_f]Moon[/name_f] [name_f]Moon[/name_f] mistake!

Who invited [name_f]Moon[/name_f] [name_f]Moon[/name_f]? :wink:

I think both names are great but [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] is definitely cooler. [name_f]Luna[/name_f] has gotten very popular recently but I doubt an [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] will meet very other girls with her name. Also, the goddess is a pretty cool namesake.

Agree ^ [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] is more unexpected and underused, and therefore cooler in an alternative sort of a way. I love both!

I agree that [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] is cooler. [name_f]Luna[/name_f] is trendy and I never liked it anyway.

Agree with the above! [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] is cooler, but honestly they’re both great!

If it makes you feel better, [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] doesn’t actually mean moon, it’s just that the goddess was associated with the moon, (most if not all of the Greek gods have a corresponding planetary body used to represent them.) If anything [name_f]Luna[/name_f] would be a perfect compliment to it.

I much prefer [name_f]Luna[/name_f]. However I do think [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] is much more unusual and maybe cooler.

I’ve never been a fan of [name_f]Luna[/name_f], but I love [name_u]Artemis[/name_u]! It’s much less overused, and doesn’t feel like it’s riding a trend in the same way [name_f]Luna[/name_f] does. I’d definitely recommend it!

To me [name_f]Luna[/name_f] is pretty trendy and gaining popularity on both babies and dogs. [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] is definitely the cooler of the two names because it’s underused and unexpected. I actually taught an [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] last year and she was beautiful and she made me love the name. It’s now in my top girl’s names as [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f].

As pps said, there are different advantages to each—[name_f]Luna[/name_f] is pleasant and easy to say, but [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] is more unique and interesting. I think [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] wins by a hair for me! I also like [name_f]Artemisia[/name_f].

[name_u]Artemis[/name_u] is more unique and way cooler, even though I love both :slight_smile:

[name_u]Artemis[/name_u] is cooler, but I like [name_f]Luna[/name_f] better. I would find [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] very… unique.

I like both, but as pps have said [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] feels cooler to me. Tougher and feistier too.

Also worth considering nicknames: [name_m]Arty[/name_m]/[name_f]Missy[/name_f] etc versus [name_u]Lou[/name_u]/ [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] etc. I prefer [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] but the nicknames aren’t as pretty as those for [name_f]Luna[/name_f].

@eloiset

Some people have suggested [name_m]Arrow[/name_m] as a nickname for [name_u]Artemis[/name_u]. I kinda like it.

[name_u]Artemis[/name_u] by far! Besides which [name_f]Luna[/name_f] is super popular name for dogs. I know 4

[name_u]Artemis[/name_u] is way cooler in my opinion.

[name_u]Artemis[/name_u]. [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] doesn’t mean “moon.” She was the Greek goddess of the moon and hunting.