Which is most useable?

See the results of this poll: Most useable in real life, not just online

Respondents: 85 (This poll is closed)

• Eleanor Gray : 39 (46%)
  • Eleanor Grace : 37 (44%)
  • Eleanor Genevieve: 9 (11%)

[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is the most usable, but the rest are very usable imo.

Really, middle names can be whatever, they aren’t used often, only on official documents.

I have a friend named [name]Eleanor[/name], but she just goes by [name]Ellen[/name]. I live in [name]Louisiana[/name] btw! So hello there neighbor :] lol

I think [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Gray[/name] is gorgeous! And since it’s your maiden name it’s doubly perfect.

I like [name]Grace[/name] too, but less distinctive.

I like [name]Gray[/name] – it adds something a little unusual to the more traditional [name]Eleanor[/name].

[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Gray[/name]! :slight_smile:

I, too, love [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Gray[/name]! I absolutely love [name]Grace[/name] (funny enough, [name]Grace[/name] is the family name for me and I’ve considered [name]Gray[/name] to honor the family member!), but I think [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is a bit too laced up, even though I love the [name]Christian[/name] association. :slight_smile: [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Gray[/name] is spunky, classic, but a bit unpredictable which is why I think it works so well. I absolutely love [name]Genevieve[/name] but I think [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] is a bit too long, even if you had a short surname.

I voted for [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Grace[/name]. If you wanted to, you could spell [name]Grace[/name] [name]Grayce[/name].

[name]Eleanor[/name] is gorgeous, and with so many nn possibilities to choose from - [name]Ellie[/name], [name]Ella[/name], [name]Nell[/name], [name]Nellie[/name], [name]Nora[/name], [name]Ellen[/name], [name]Elle[/name], [name]Lea[/name]…Also, I like it paired with [name]Gray[/name]. Good luck!

I voted for [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Grace[/name] because I just had to. But I also love [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Gray[/name]. [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] is stunning, but it is a little long.

Honestly in the real world people are going to name their child [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Grace[/name] above and beyond any of the other suggestions!

I voted for [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Grace[/name] in the poll, but that was before I read your initial post where you said [name]Gray[/name] was your maiden name–given the family and personal connection to you, that makes me like [name]Gray[/name] much more.

I do like [name]Genevieve[/name] more than either of the other names, but as a middle with [name]Eleanor[/name] it is a whole lot of syllables, plus the two names have the same stress pattern–[name]EL[/name]-ea-nor [name]GEN[/name]-e-vieve.

All are pretty nice, though!

Our last name has 3 syllables, so I think [name]Genevieve[/name] is out. That would be a mouthful!
So [name]Gray[/name] or [name]Grace[/name]… hmmm. I feel like since [name]Eleanor[/name] is such an unused name in my area, that [name]Grace[/name] would give it that pretty/common trait. I love [name]Gray[/name], but then I have 2 uncommon names. Maybe I’ll let the hubs decide between the two, if we are expecting a girl soon :slight_smile:

I love [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Gray[/name] the best!

I love [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Grey[/name]!

If you don’t use [name]Grey[/name] as her middle name maybe you could use it as a fn for a future son!

[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Gray[/name]! I understand what you mean about [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Grace[/name] being more common / accessible, and she would still have the tie in to your surname by sound and the [name]Christian[/name] association is quite nice. As a matter of fact, the similar [name]Grace[/name] [name]Elena[/name] is one of my top contenders currently!

But I think mother’s maiden name as a middle name is also a common and accessible thing, and your surname is a nice, pretty word, so I really think [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Gray[/name] is quite good.

I think [name]Ellie[/name] and [name]Nora[/name] are such popular, accessible nicknames, that if you’re willing to use either, that could help, and you could get those features without [name]Grace[/name].

I think [name]Elena[/name] is a little more “in” than [name]Eleanor[/name] these days if you like it, and both [name]Elena[/name] [name]Gray[/name] and [name]Elena[/name] [name]Grace[/name] are pretty!

Good luck!

I guess [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Grace[/name] would have more appeal in [name]Texas[/name]. But I have to agree with east93 that the middle name doesnt usually receive a lot of public attention, so you should choose the one that you love. Having your maiden name as a middle name is very common and [name]Genevieve[/name] is such a pretty name, though it might be a bit much because [name]Eleanor[/name] already has so much personality. Good luck!

I think all of these names are very usable.

Exactly this.

With a name like [name]Elenore[/name] i feel she needs a 3 syllable. but if your going to always going to be calling her [name]Ellie[/name], a shorter middle name might be better, like gray…
[name]Just[/name] from personal experience
my name is elizabeth [name]Lauren[/name]… which sounds nice
but people call me ellie, always. [name]Ellie[/name] [name]Lauren[/name] doesnt flow as well.
just something to consider.