Which is your favorite...we have two weeks left!

Which is your favorite name(s) and why.

• [name]Isaac[/name]
  • [name]Samuel[/name]
  • [name]Noah[/name]
  • [name]Max[/name]
  • [name]Tanner[/name]
  • [name]Cole[/name]

That’s tough! I like all of them except for [name]Tanner[/name]. [name]Tanner[/name] sounds wimpy to me–I think b/c of the [name]Tanner[/name] family on Full House. [name]Max[/name] would have to be my fav even though it is very popular.

[name]Isaac[/name]: This is my favorite! It means “laughter””how sweet is that? Plus, it will age well. I can imagine [name]Isaac[/name] on a boy, but I can just as easily imagine it on a college student, professional, or grandfather. Also, regardless of the ebb and flow of popularity, [name]Isaac[/name] will never seem trendy. It’s like [name]Elizabeth[/name] or [name]Catherine[/name] for girls; it will work forever. It’s obviously lasted since Old Testament times already!

[name]Noah[/name]: This is my second favorite. I love that it means “peace,” and it too will never seem to young for your son when he becomes an adult. The only reason I won’t use the name is that when said with a last name, it sounds like a complete sentence. ([name]Noah[/name] [name]Johnson[/name], for example, sounds like “Know a [name]Johnson[/name]?”)

[name]Samuel[/name]: I like this one a lot. Like [name]Isaac[/name] and [name]Noah[/name], the name will grow with your son. And here again, there are no worries about popularity; [name]Samuel[/name] is a timeless choice.

[name]Max[/name]: Another great choice, for all the same ones I’ve already listed. I love [name]Max[/name], especially as a diminutive for [name]Maxwell[/name]. [name]Maxwell[/name]/[name]Max[/name] is a regal-sounding name that can be playful or professional.

[name]Tanner[/name]: I’m not crazy about this one. It’s hard for me to picture a 35-year-old [name]Tanner[/name]. I can only picture middle-school-aged boys and younger with this name.

[name]Cole[/name]: I’m not a big fan of this one, either. Somehow it has a trendy/popular feel to it for me. Also, I am from the South where it is EXTREMELY popular.

[name]Isaac[/name], [name]Noah[/name], [name]Samuel[/name], and [name]Max[/name] are all fantastic choices; you really can’t go wrong with any of them. You can even mix and match them a bit.

[name]Noah[/name] [name]Isaac[/name] Lastname
[name]Samuel[/name] [name]Isaac[/name] Lastname
[name]Noah[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name] Lastname

[name]May[/name] I also suggest [name]Asher[/name], which is a great but underused Old Testament name? Depending on where you look, it means either “fortunate, happy, blessed one” (Nameberry), or “my joy” (various other online sources). It would fit beautifully with your list.

[name]Samuel[/name] [name]Asher[/name] Lastname
[name]Isaac[/name] [name]Asher[/name] Lastname
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Noah[/name] Lastname

Congratulations!
[name]Frances[/name]

I love both [name]Samuel[/name] and [name]Isaac[/name], they’re both strong names and will age well.