Which L name?

I love too many L names LOL. Which do you like the best [name]Lila[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], or [name]Lily[/name]? I really love them all and I could see me with a child with any of these names. I have loves and concerns about each one of them though.

[name]Lila[/name] - I love the sound of this name but I am concerned with all the alternative spellings out there for it now.

[name]Lucy[/name] - I love the vintage feel and the saint connection, but I hear this name more and more on dogs :frowning: Should that really concern me?

[name]Lily[/name] - I think this is a nice combination of [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name] but it is is so popular it just does not seem to stand out like the others.

WDYT?

I love [name]Lila[/name], definitely my favorite of your three L names. I think it’s pretty and familiar without being too popular

I think [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Lyla[/name] are getting super popular today, as popular as [name]Lily[/name], so I would opt for [name]Lucy[/name]. I agree that [name]Lucy[/name] has some great vintage charm that perhaps sets it apart from the other two names!!!

That being said, I [name]LOVE[/name] the L-names ([name]Lily[/name], [name]Lyla[/name], [name]Lila[/name], [name]Leila[/name], [name]Layla[/name], etc) just like everyone else. I just don’t want my child to have the same name as every other little girl in her class.

My godmother’s name is [name]Lelia[/name] (LEEL-i-ya), and I am keeping that one on my short list, as my alternative L-name.

1 [name]Lucy[/name]
2 [name]Lila[/name]
3 [name]Lily[/name]

I’d go with [name]Lucy[/name]. I just love the name. Although [name]Lily[/name]'s not bad, just kind of trendy at the moment.

1. [name]Lila[/name]
  2. [name]Lily[/name]
  3. [name]Lucy[/name]

In my opinion, [name]Lucy[/name] is still a lot more common place than [name]Lila[/name]

Thanks everyone! I still cannot decide, just when I pick a favorite I change my mind. Anyone else?

I think all L names are becoming popular, I know a bunch of little ones with L names! All of these little ladies are 3 and under…

[name]Alayna[/name] “[name]Layna[/name]”
[name]Lauren[/name]
[name]Layla[/name] x2
[name]Lily[/name] x2
[name]Lila[/name]
Laynie x2

Of the three you mentioned, I adore [name]Lucy[/name], she’s in my top ten!

[name]Lucy[/name] is definitely my favorite.

I really love all of them too, but I would have to go with [name]Lucy[/name]. The main reason I would choose this one is first of all its a great name, and also I know a little girl named [name]Lucy[/name] who is battling cancer right now (she’s doing great btw), and she is just an amazing little girl. Her blog is posted in my signature if you want to read about her!

My middle name is [name]Lyla[/name], so I think it would be cool to meet somebody with the same name as me other than my little cousin [name]Lyla[/name], and my other cousins who have the middle name [name]Lyla[/name]. But if you think [name]Lyla[/name] is becoming to popular go with [name]Lucy[/name]!

1. [name]Lyla[/name]
  2. [name]Lucy[/name]
  3. [name]Lily[/name]
  1. [name]Lila[/name]
  2. [name]Lily[/name]
  3. [name]Lucy[/name]

Sorry, I really don’t like [name]Lucy[/name] at all! :frowning: I love both [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Lila[/name], but it seems like you like [name]Lila[/name] more (or at least, you’re not crazy about [name]Lily[/name]'s popularity), so I would go with that. I do love sweet, girly [name]Lily[/name], though!

I really do love [name]Lily[/name] as well! I like that [name]Lila[/name] is less popular but if you add up all the kre8tive spellings of [name]Lila[/name] I am sure it is fairly close to that of [name]Lily[/name]. I know there are lots of kre8tive spellings of [name]Lindsay[/name], which is the original spelling and that got really annoying sometimes but I don’t know that [name]Lila[/name] is to that extent yet.

Yeah, I did the math, and [name]Lily[/name] (just the [name]Lily[/name] spelling) is 7000 something, and with all [name]Lila[/name]'s added spellings, it is 5545 little [name]Lilas[/name] (and Lylas, and Lylahs, and Lilahs, etc.) with the name. I didn’t add [name]Delilah[/name] to the list, though… or try and add [name]Liliana[/name], [name]Lilia[/name], [name]Lilly[/name], [name]Lillie[/name], [name]Lillian[/name], [name]Lilian[/name], [name]Lilibet[/name], [name]Lilias[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name] nn [name]Lily[/name], etc., to the list. No matter what, [name]Lil[/name]- names are all pretty popular, haha.

They are all three such pretty names! My favorte is [name]Lila[/name] bc it isn’t super popular like [name]Lily[/name]…at least where I live. I like the way you spell it too!

[name]Lila[/name] is my favorite out of the three, but they’re all good names.

I like [name]Lila[/name] the best. For some reason I have never liked [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Lily[/name] has become too popular to feel special to me. Best of luck!

Oh my. I love ALL three of these!
[name]Lily[/name] is my favorite though. It has special meaning to me.

[name]Lucy[/name] by far. I wouldn’t be concerned about dogs being named [name]Lucy[/name]. People give their dogs human names rather than traditional pet names, that’s been the trend for quite some time. [name]One[/name] of my dogs is named [name]Amy[/name]. I had a cat named [name]Farley[/name]. My childhood dog was [name]Connie[/name]. My aunt’s dogs are [name]Sadie[/name] and [name]Maya[/name]. My [name]MIL[/name]'s dog was [name]Rosie[/name] as was the [name]Bassett[/name] up the street. All human names. Not something to be concerned about.