Which Male Name Will Crossover To The Girls?

See the results of this poll: Will These Male Names Crossover to The Girls?

Respondents: 36 (This poll is closed)

• Asa: 12 (33%)
  • Ian: 0 (0%)
  • George: 1 (3%)
  • Isak (a la Dinesen pr. EE-sak): 0 (0%)
  • Ira: 8 (22%)
  • Timothy: 0 (0%)
  • James: 3 (8%)
  • Everett: 9 (25%)
  • Dominic: 1 (3%)
  • Darren: 2 (6%)

Oh my, hopefully none of them. I can’t imagine any of those names on a little girl. :?

I think [name]Asa[/name] is most likely, followed by [name]Ira[/name], [name]Everett[/name], and [name]Micah[/name]. [name]Asa[/name] and [name]Ira[/name] have so much in common with the 2-syllable, ends in a girls names that are popular now (like [name]Ella[/name], [name]Ava[/name], [name]Mia[/name], and to a lesser extent [name]Ada[/name] and [name]Ida[/name]) that I could definitely see parents either mistaking them for girls names or deciding that they prefer them on girls. [name]Everett[/name] has a lot in common with [name]Scarlett[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], and the Ev- names like [name]Evelyn[/name] and [name]Micah[/name] sounds like [name]Myra[/name], [name]Maya[/name], [name]Nica[/name], etc.
That said, I like all of those names much better on boys!

@agirlinred - I don’t want to think about girls with these names either but I have a terrible feeling that the trend will continue to ludicrous proportions. I feel for the boys because they’re not going to have any names left. :frowning:
@daisy - I agree with you that [name]Asa[/name], [name]Ira[/name] and [name]Everett[/name] will probably be the prime candidates to crossover. [name]Asa[/name] and [name]Ira[/name] are similar to [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Ella[/name] and [name]Everett[/name] is similar to [name]Elliott[/name] which is already being chosen by parents for their daughters. The poll numbers seem to support our opinion so far.

[name]Dominic[/name] is already used for girls in French, as [name]Dominique[/name]. In French, both names have the same pronouciaton. In fact, I know more girls with the name than boys.

I think I agree that I see [name]Asa[/name] making the switch first. However, [name]George[/name] is already used as a nickname for some girls, so I think that’s a valid choice. I will always remember Dead Like Me because of the female lead being called [name]George[/name]. However, I love [name]George[/name] for a little boy. It is sad to see some of these names being considered for girls now.

At this rate, it’s a matter of which names will actually be safe from being snatched up by girls. :frowning: However, I do agree that [name]Ira[/name] and [name]Asa[/name] (among others) are most likely. What I’m shocked by is [name]George[/name]! Isn’t [name]Georgia[/name] good enough? Personally, that’s what I’d go with. I also think [name]Ari[/name] could go that way too, seeing how it is the beginning of [name]Arianna[/name].

Hopefully none but [name]Dominic[/name] Domenque is kind of done already. I am sick and tired of seeing Biblical male names being used on girls. [name]Noa[/name] is fine because there actually is a female [name]Noa[/name] in the Bible not [name]Noah[/name]. I will never understand this trend and that desperate need to be different. Your child is unique and different already because there is one of him/her so name her/him what you love. Leave popularity out of it.

@ocross - Yes, the French version Domininque is used for both genders but actor [name]Andy[/name] [name]Garcia[/name] actually used the male name [name]Dominik[/name] spelling with a “k” for his daughter which I think sounds more masculine than [name]Dominique[/name].
@klcalder2 - I agree with you about [name]George[/name]. I feel sad to see a name like [name]George[/name] used for girls. I don’t mind it as a girls nn [name]Georgie[/name] for [name]Georgia[/name]/[name]Georgina[/name]/[name]Georgiana[/name] but I really can’t understand calling a girl [name]George[/name] if there are lovely feminine options available from which to choose. Sometimes I think parents choose traditional male names for the shock value and to compete for the most “unique” name with their neighbors. Neither are great reasons for naming a human being.
@valkyrie - yes, maybe I should have worded my poll differently. Something like: Are these boys names safe by being hijacked by girls? :lol: I too can also see [name]Ari[/name] being an option for girls.

Hopefully none. But I do know a girl in her 20s who has [name]George[/name] for a middle name.

Oh, I really hope none of these ever cross over!! :cry: