Which middle for Darcy?

Follow up from my last poll…now which middle would you choose for [name_u]Darcy[/name_u]? [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] is my father in law’s name. [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] is just a name we both like. Older siblings are [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m].

• Darcy [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
  • Darcy [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]

0 voters

1 Like

Darcy [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] is gorgeous. [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] is lovely too but I think [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] flows better with [name_u]Darcy[/name_u]!! xoxo

3 Likes

Darcy [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] is just fantastic

1 Like

I love [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] here, especially with your older children’s names. [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] matches the long, solid, traditional but eternally fresh feel of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] best, I think.

1 Like

Sebastian is one of my favourite names and I think [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] is brilliant.

Darcy [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] is gorgeous!

Such a tough choice! I think they are both great. I have to agree with @katinka’s assessment, though:

Still, you can’t go wrong here. [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] is just as classic. I would go with whichever is most meaningful to you and your family.

2 Likes

Darcy [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] makes me go :heart_eyes:

Darcy [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u].

It is gorgeous and long term has significant meaning being a family name.

Best of luck

1 Like

This is so tough. If it were a blind taste test I would go with [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u], but meaning behind the name choices is quite important to me too. I think the choice comes down to how important it is to honor your father in law to you both. Did you honor anyone else in either your son or daughter’s before?

1 Like

This. I’d look at the whole package that each name offers and weigh up what’s more important overall. You could make a list and ascribe a value for each. For example, +3 for how much you like the name, +1 for matching length, +3 for family name, +1 for balanced family honours and so on.

1 Like