Which middle name combination looks best for my daughter?

My wife is Chinese so to honour her ancestry we’re planning in incorporate a Chinese name into the middle name, but the challenge is trying to find a pretty combination that works. Of the following options, which do you like best?

[ul]

[/ul]

Notes: RuiQui is pronounced like [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] and essentially means “smart and born in autumn” while YuXi is pronounced you-she and means “rainy brook”.

(bare with me on the first name, i know [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] isn’t everybody’s taste but we’re avid travellers so like the idea of a geographic name)

I think I prefer the Chinese name only in the middle, with more European names it just makes it stand out more as different.

[name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] Yuxi [name_m]Matthews[/name_m] is my favourite.

I agree with minxtruck. Though you might have trouble with people guessing the gender from [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] unless you put in a feminine middle. I’ve seen girls with unisex names put in boys dorms at camps because they didn’t bother to look at he gender on the application. So, I’d choose [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] Yuxi [name_m]Matthews[/name_m].

[name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] sounds a bit too much like a sentence with the two word names, but [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is less noticeable.

I like [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] Yuxi [name_m]Matthews[/name_m]. And I love that you are incorporating both your love of traveling and your daughter’s (and wife’s) Chinese heritage.

I like Yuxi better than RuiQui. What is throwing me off is the double middle name, especially for girls. [name_f]Brooklynn[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] Yuxi is my favorite, but I like just [name_f]Violet[/name_f] Yuxi even more, which I know wasn’t an option. [name_f]Brooklynn[/name_f] Yuxi is also nice.

[name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] Yuxi :slight_smile:

[name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] Yuxi [name_m]Matthews[/name_m] has my vote.

I really like [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] Yuxi [name_m]Matthews[/name_m] or [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] Yuxi [name_m]Matthews[/name_m].
:smiley:

My favourite is [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] Yuxi [name_m]Matthews[/name_m]. If you want to add a clearly feminine middle name, I think I’d like [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] Yuxi [name_m]Matthews[/name_m] the best. Personally I know [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] is unisex, and this could be opening a can of worms, but other than [name_m]David[/name_m] and [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_m]Beckham[/name_m]'s son [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u], I don’t think I’ve ever seen it on a boy, so I wouldn’t worry about adding a clearly feminine mn for clarification purposes if that’s the goal.

Yuxi is great! Have you considered other geographic names? I like [name_u]Cairo[/name_u], [name_u]Memphis[/name_u], [name_f]Alesia[/name_f], [name_f]Lourdes[/name_f], [name_u]Juneau[/name_u], Pelagie (open sea), Fiorenze, [name_f]Georgia[/name_f], etc.

My favoritess:

[name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] Yuxi [name_m]Matthews[/name_m]
[name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] RuiQui [name_m]Matthews[/name_m]