Which middle name?

So we finally settled on her name [name_f]Calista[/name_f], but we’re undecided on her middle name. Would like some thoughts and feedback.

[name_f]Calista[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Calista[/name_f] [name_f]Athena[/name_f]

Last name starts with F and is 2 syllables.

1 Like

[name_f]Calista[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]

I prefer the name [name_f]Athena[/name_f] over [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f], and I think Athena’s vibe goes great with [name_f]Calista[/name_f]! However, I do think [name_f]Calista[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] flows better as the two As (calistA Alexandra) have different sounds- “aaa” versus “uh”. Whereas with (calistA Athena) they’re both the “uh” sound. Sorry if that doesn’t make sense!

[name_f]Calista[/name_f] [name_f]Athena[/name_f] feels like an unexpected gem

I completely agree with a previous poster that the sounds of [name_f]Calista[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] flow better than [name_f]Calista[/name_f] [name_f]Athena[/name_f]. Plus the 3-4-2 syllable count sounds better than the 3-3-2 one.

[name_f]My[/name_f] oldest 2 daughters have the 3-3-2 syllable count too.

Thank you!

That makes sense. I know [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] has more syllables so the flow is slightly better. [name_f]My[/name_f] oldest 2 daughters both have the 3-3-2 syllables count so I also liked that it fit their trend. [name_f]My[/name_f] 3rd daughter’s syllable count is 3-1-2.

Thank you! I love both and I definitely feel like her middle name is one of those 2. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband slightly prefers [name_f]Athena[/name_f] for her middle name.

[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]!

I prefer [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]!

I absolutely love the name [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] she’s so regal and elegant. Makes a stunning middle name for [name_f]Calista[/name_f].

[name_f]Calista[/name_f] is a stunning first name choice! I do agree that the flow of [name_f]Calista[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] sounds a bit better, however I would still go for [name_f]Calista[/name_f] [name_f]Athena[/name_f]! It feels like such a fresh & lovely combination

[name_f]Calista[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]. I like the flow and the balance

[name_f]Calista[/name_f] [name_f]Athena[/name_f] is pure perfection in my eyes! [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] is lovely, but the [name_u]Cal[/name_u]- [name_m]Al[/name_m]- as a little similar, and honestly, I feel like Athena’s vibe just fits [name_f]Calista[/name_f] better. They both have an ancient, but modern and stylish feel, whereas [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] is more classic, vintage, and regal (if that makes sense).

[name_f]Calista[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] definitely flows better.