🐚 Which middle name?

I’m looking to honor my surrogate grandma, Mᴀrcɛllᴀ Mᴀrthᴀ, in a middle name for a future child. I have two long form options I’m looking at to go with the first name Kɛnt.

Kɛnt [name_m]Marcel[/name_m] - [name_m]Marcel[/name_m] would obviously come from her first name. I love this combo as it is.

Kɛnt [name_m]Martin[/name_m] - [name_m]Martin[/name_m] would be a variation stemming from her middle name. All of my other honor names are based off the middle names of the people I want to honor. It would also honor other people as well, albeit unintentionally. I’m really falling for this combo and can’t get it off my mind. [name_f]My[/name_f] biggest problem with [name_m]Martin[/name_m] is the tie to one of my favorite tv shows, where the two lead actors are named Kɛnt and [name_m]Martin[/name_m] nn [name_u]Marty[/name_u].

For those who are curious, I do have a short version of her full name to honor her, [name_u]Mars[/name_u], but I wouldn’t pair it with a 1 syllable first name.

Any thoughts in either direction?

I like [name_m]Kent[/name_m] [name_m]Marcel[/name_m]

1 Like

I think [name_m]Kent[/name_m] [name_m]Marcel[/name_m] is perfect!

1 Like

[name_m]Kent[/name_m] [name_m]Marcel[/name_m]!

1 Like

I prefer [name_m]Kent[/name_m] [name_m]Marcel[/name_m]

1 Like

I think Kɛnt Marcel is lovely! (I edited my post to use the OP’s “privacy symbol” form.)

1 Like

I prefer [name_m]Marcel[/name_m] - softer in sound which compliments the sharper, single syllable of Kɛnt and there’s a pleasing sort of arty feel about it. The meaning ‘little warrior’ is charming, and I think the fact your grandmother’s names both begin with Mᴀr- means it doesn’t stray too far from your other honours coming from middles.

Kɛnt [name_m]Martin[/name_m] is nice too - solid and more classic - I just think [name_m]Marcel[/name_m] has more charm

1 Like

The first for sure!

1 Like

I love [name_m]Kent[/name_m] [name_m]Marcel[/name_m]. Great name!

1 Like

[name_m]Kent[/name_m] [name_m]Marcel[/name_m] flows nicely. I feel like the T and N sound in both names kinda run into each other when said aloud.

1 Like

[name_m]Kent[/name_m] [name_m]Martin[/name_m] is my favorite, it’s a strong combo. It’s very sweet you want to honor your surrogate grandma.

1 Like

Thank you so very much. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

She declared I was her granddaughter one day and stuck it to anyone who protested her word. She even walked away from her own birthday party one time when she saw I was being ignored by everyone there and spent the entire time with me. She was technically my uncle’s mom, but Mᴀrcɛllᴀ Mᴀrthᴀ was very special and I can’t imagine not honoring the person she was and all she taught me.

2 Likes