Which middle names are better?

I want to use my daughter’s middle name(s) to honour my amazing mama, but right now I’m spoilt for choice!

Our shortlist for my little girl’s first name is: Rosalita, [name]Azalea[/name], [name]Magnolia[/name], [name]Cosima[/name] & [name]Honora[/name].

For middle names, I like: [name]Maria[/name], [name]Mary[/name], [name]Marina[/name], [name]Maribel[/name], Ivá (ee vah) and [name]Ivy[/name] - these all honour my mother in some way. I have one middle name, my OH has two, and neither of us have really decided which route we’d like to go for the baby, so I’m trying to make two combinations for each first name (one with 1 middle name, one with 2).

I’d really appreciate your help deciding which middles to pair up with which firsts :slight_smile: So far, I have the following:

Rosalita [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Maria[/name] H. or Rosalita [name]Maribel[/name] H.
[name]Azalea[/name] [name]Maribel[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] H. or [name]Azalea[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] H.
[name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Maria[/name] H. or [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] H.
[name]Cosima[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Marina[/name] or. [name]Cosima[/name] [name]Mary[/name] H.
[name]Honora[/name] [name]Mary[/name] Ivá H. or [name]Honora[/name] [name]Mary[/name] H.

What do you think?

Thanks,

• [name]Elena[/name]

[name]Honora[/name] [name]Mary[/name] Ivá gets my vote!

[name]Azalea[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]

1 [name]Cosima[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Marina[/name]
2 [name]Honora[/name] [name]Mary[/name]
3 [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]

If you want to use [name]Ivy[/name] as a middle name, then I would recommend not using [name]Azalea[/name] or [name]Magnolia[/name] as the first name, since I think that’s going a little bit overboard with the plant names. I would probably even stay away from Rosalita, although it’s not as bad paired with [name]Ivy[/name] as [name]Rose[/name]/[name]Rosa[/name].

With that in mind, these are my suggestions:

Rosalita [name]Maribel[/name] or Rosalita [name]Mary[/name] - I couldn’t come up with a two middle combo I liked.

[name]Azalea[/name] [name]Maribel[/name] [name]Iva[/name] or [name]Azalea[/name] [name]Mary[/name]

I don’t [name]Magnolia[/name] pairs well with any of your middle name choices, unfortunately. Too many Ms at the beginning, As at the end, or too plant-y. Would you maybe consider [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Eve[/name]? I think that’s rather pretty.

[name]Cosima[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Maribel[/name] or [name]Cosima[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] - [name]Marina[/name] is my personal favorite [name]Mary[/name] variation, but I find it too similar to [name]Cosima[/name] to use together in a combo, even separated by another name.

And your [name]Honora[/name] combos are fine just the way they are!