Which middle?

I’ve been contemplating between two middle names lately. [name_m]Kage[/name_m] or [name_m]John[/name_m]. I’m FtM, and both have meaning to me. [name_m]Kage[/name_m] is the name my mom suggested (different spelling), as I can use it to transition easily. However, [name_m]John[/name_m] has the same initial as my given middle and is the name of my late uncle. [name_f]My[/name_f] first name I chose is [name_m]Ry[/name_m]@n.

I like both [name_m]Kage[/name_m] and [name_m]John[/name_m] with [name_m]Ry[/name_m]@n! [name_m]Ry[/name_m]@n [name_m]John[/name_m] sounds more classic, while [name_m]Ry[/name_m]@n [name_m]Kage[/name_m] sounds more modern. I think it depends on which “vibe” you’re going for, because both are great middle names.

1 Like

Love [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] [name_m]Kage[/name_m]!

1 Like

I’m really torn on this! I think either option is great.

Honoring your mom’s love in support with [name_m]Kage[/name_m] would be wonderful. But keeping the same initials is like honoring both beautiful versions of you, while also becoming what you’re truly meant to be.

If I absolutely had to pick one, I would suggest [name_m]Kage[/name_m].

1 Like

I really like [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] [name_m]Kage[/name_m]!

1 Like

I prefer [name_m]Kage[/name_m] for you

1 Like

I love the name [name_m]John[/name_m], but [name_m]Ry[/name_m]@n [name_m]Kage[/name_m] sounds perfect for you!

1 Like

Ryan [name_m]Kage[/name_m] for sure. And I love your picture haha the Recess Kindergartners were the best! :laughing: (If that’s not what it’s from then never mind!)

1 Like

I prefer [name_m]Kage[/name_m]! Its edginess balances out the classic-ness of [name_m]Ry[/name_m]@n perfectly. And if there’s ever a place to go for something more unconventional, it’s with a middle name!

1 Like

John… [name_m]Kage[/name_m]/Cage is not a good thing to call a person imo.

2 Likes

haha, yes! It’s [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]!

1 Like

I like [name_m]John[/name_m] a lot and it’d be cool to keep your initial and honor your uncle. [name_m]Kage[/name_m] is making me think of cage fighting which I know isn’t the idea but it’s making it sound kinda harsh to me. If I met someone named [name_m]Kage[/name_m] I know the association would go away and it’d sound like a name to me though. [name_m]Kane[/name_m], Kabe, and [name_u]Kade[/name_u] are similar options as well. It’d be really cool to use that name for your mom. But just as when naming a baby, you gotta pick what feels right and not try to incorporate all seven honor names lol. So whatever feels right to you.

1 Like

I believe middle names are special in that they allow you to bring extra meaning and connection to a name so I’m all for 2 middle names whenever possible! Why not [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Kage[/name_m]?

1 Like

I like the sound of [name_m]Ry[/name_m]@n [name_m]Kage[/name_m] better! Congratulations of your transition!

1 Like