which name best matches my daughter's?

[name]Hi[/name], I am expecting a son in a couple of months and we are having a lot of trouble finding a boy’s name we really love.

Our daughter is named [name]Camille[/name]. I love her name - obviously! It’s feminine and there are many good nn options and it will grow with her, and it’s classic but uncommon. We have a plain, one-syllable surname. We don’t like names with only one syllable or that are too ‘of the moment’.

We’re looking for the masculine version for baby no. 2. This is the list so far. What do you think? Any other suggestions.

[name]Nicholas[/name] (nn [name]Nic[/name] or [name]Nico[/name])
[name]Leonard[/name] (nn [name]Lenny[/name])
[name]Sebastian[/name] (nn [name]Seb[/name])
[name]Rupert[/name] (nn Rupe)
[name]Frederick[/name] (nn [name]Fred[/name])
[name]Gilbert[/name] (nn [name]Gil[/name])

Thanks!

Wow, I truly love most of your choices!

[name]Nicholas[/name] (nn [name]Nic[/name] or [name]Nico[/name]): I like [name]Nicholas[/name], and the nn [name]Nico[/name] is fantastic.
[name]Leonard[/name] (nn [name]Lenny[/name]): I do like [name]Leonard[/name], but not necessarily with [name]Camille[/name].
[name]Sebastian[/name] (nn [name]Seb[/name]): [name]Love[/name] it! Especially w/ [name]Camille[/name].
[name]Rupert[/name] (nn Rupe): Very cute and different. I don’t know a single [name]Rupert[/name].
[name]Frederick[/name] (nn [name]Fred[/name]): I adore [name]Frederick[/name]!
[name]Gilbert[/name] (nn [name]Gil[/name]): Another gem.

It’s a tie for me between [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Frederick[/name] and [name]Gilbert[/name]. I also like [name]Rupert[/name] quite a bit. [name]Nicholas[/name] works but doesn’t feel as special as your other choices.

You have great taste so your little guy will end up with a great name no matter what you choose :slight_smile:

I love [name]Camille[/name]! I think [name]Sebastian[/name] would be absolutely perfect, and [name]Frederick[/name] nn [name]Fred[/name] almost as great! I’m not a fan of [name]Leonard[/name] at all (what about [name]Leander[/name]?); [name]Rupert[/name] is okay; [name]Gilbert[/name] is cute but I’m not sure if a kid would be able to pull it off; and [name]Nicholas[/name] is a bit boring.

[name]Nicholas[/name] and [name]Frederick[/name] are my favourites of your choices. To me [name]Camille[/name] is quiet, reserved and dignified but with a playful spark, like she always knows what’s going on and can be quite wild and fun loving when she wants to be. [name]Nicholas[/name] and [name]Frederick[/name] have the same feel to me (along with maybe oliver and alexander) but most of your other choices seem a little stuffy to me, especially next to the exotic and passionate [name]Camille[/name].

Boy’s names are more difficult, aren’t they? From your list, I like [name]Sebastian[/name] or [name]Frederick[/name]. Also, how about:
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]

[name]Nicholas[/name] (nn [name]Nic[/name] or [name]Nico[/name])- I like [name]Nicholas[/name] with the nn [name]Nico[/name]. I know so many Nicks though. What about [name]Dominic[/name]?
[name]Leonard[/name] (nn [name]Lenny[/name])- I like [name]Leo[/name], but not [name]Lenny[/name]. [name]Lenny[/name] like any substance and pales in comparison to [name]Camille[/name].
[name]Sebastian[/name] (nn [name]Seb[/name])- [name]Love[/name] it. This is my favorite off your list. It goes really well with [name]Camille[/name].
[name]Rupert[/name] (nn Rupe)- I like it. Very unique but still in style enough to not sound obscure.
[name]Frederick[/name] (nn [name]Fred[/name])- Nice, but not as nice as [name]Sebastian[/name].
[name]Gilbert[/name] (nn [name]Gil[/name])- I dont like this one. I cant imagine a child wanting to be named [name]Gilbert[/name] either.